It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's Your Space-Time?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Howdy peeps,

I just got to wondering where everyone stood when it comes to how they view Space-Time, since it's quite apparent most are clueless?

In mathematics, they have assigned the Space-Time of numbers to in-between the numbers, which is bassackwards, but if they can be that stoopid, I was wondering who else has bought into that fallacy? Sew answer the question and let's see just how bad it is?

Where is the Space-Time of Numbers?

1. In-between the Numbers
2. The Number itself
3. Pass the Number
4. All of the above

What's Your answer?

Ribbit

Ps: The Law of Matter explains the truth:

"Law of Matter - all Matter occupies Space & Time, and Numbers matter."

Numbers (including Time) occupy mathematical space-time (see: Law of Matter) and there's no space-time in-between them, since Numbers are nothing more than Numerical Objects used to define that which occupies Space & Time, therefore they must match that which they describe or it's like trying to define an orange using a peanut and that toad don't hop.

All Objects (Matter) in the Universe occupy Space & Time and Numbers matter.

"We may say a thing is at rest when it has not changed its position between now and then, but there is no 'then' in 'now', so there is no being at rest. Both motion and rest, then, must necessarily occupy time." - Aristotle

edit on 3-2-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2012 by Byrd because: Edited: ATS discourages Txt shorthand

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Your thread makes me feel very, very stupid.

However, I have one point to make. Your assuming that the law of matter is correct. I know that recent work in quantum physics has unconvered that certain "fundamental" laws of physics are now in question. I just read an article (I think on discovery.com but I'm not positive) that stated Einstein's speed of light, assumed to be a constant, in fact may be fluctuating.

Any way to break down your overall post into language for dummies? What do you mean when you mention space-time for numbers?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

However, I have one point to make. Your assuming that the law of matter is correct. I know that recent work in quantum physics has unconvered that certain "fundamental" laws of physics are now in question. I just read an article (I think on discovery.com but I'm not positive) that stated Einstein's speed of light, assumed to be a constant, in fact may be fluctuating.

Any way to break down your overall post into language for dummies? What do you mean when you mention space-time for numbers?

Whoa even what you said made me feel stoopid...so where does that leave me? Here I thought I was smart.

I always go with C anyway...er I mean 3???
edit on 3-2-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
He doesn't mean anything. He's asking us our opinions while he has already assumed he is right, then made it so confusing we can't make heads nor tails of it, which by default renders him right in his own mind, and just makes him overly confusing in our minds.

In other words, he's making his own facts and reality and convincing us he's the one who is right...all the while quoting himself as though his words provide actual proof.

Good luck with that.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

What are you talking about?
Numbers? What numbers?

I love all about Time / Timetravel , but this..
..I don't get it. :-)

Numbers is a virtual representation of what humans refers to when counting and messures.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
What the hell are "in-between" numbers? And what is in between numbers? It can neither be irrational nor trancendental. Transcendance is by far the norm, uncountably so.

Where's U'r space, Thyme?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I got better things to do than worry about spacetime. If you ask me, these people need to get a life. Study that after you die, there's better chances of getting the right info then.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The1Prettiest1One

Isn't thyme a spice?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by The1Prettiest1One

Isn't thyme a spice?

Aye. I'm short on cupboard space right now.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

"We may say a thing is at rest when it has not changed its position between now and then, but there is no 'then' in 'now', so there is no being at rest. Both motion and rest, then, must necessarily occupy time." - Aristotle

Where did you find this quote by Aristotle???? Show me what he really said.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I think he misspelled "Aristoadle".

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

First, speed of light is Relative to Source!

Second, look at this string of numbers:

1_2_3_4_5

Where is the Space-Time? Which means where does the Space-Time exist, the Number itself or in-between the number (the "_")?

Imagine going from LA to Las Vegas, from Zero to One:

Zero = LA
One = Vegas

Your car is sitting in the driveway, at Zero, you get in the car and start it up. Does your car occupy Space & Time while at Rest in the driveway? Yes! You put the car into gear and head on your way to Vegas. During the trip, does your car occupy Space & Time while in Motion? Yes! You get to Vegas and pull into the parking spot at the hotel, where your car will remain while in Vegas. Does your car occupy Space & Time at One? Yes!

Your car occupies Space & Time at ALL times!
Just as Numbers occupy Space & Time at ALL times!

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
He doesn't mean anything. He's asking us our opinions while he has already assumed he is right, then made it so confusing we can't make heads nor tails of it, which by default renders him right in his own mind, and just makes him overly confusing in our minds.

In other words, he's making his own facts and reality and convincing us he's the one who is right...all the while quoting himself as though his words provide actual proof.

Good luck with that.

And yew assume no one can be right!

That is what is known as a fool!

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomten

What are you talking about?
Numbers? What numbers?

I love all about Time / Timetravel , but this..
..I don't get it. :-)

Numbers is a virtual representation of what humans refers to when counting and messures.

I actually thought about having one answer be: "What Number?"

As to Time-travel, Time is a linear constant, always moving forward in increments of finite and that which occupies Time, must also occupy Space. Sew Time-travel, as in back-and-forth in Time, isn't possible but True Time-travel is Space-travel. You can fold Space, by traveling THRU Time and from that, you can go from any Point-A to any Point-B, in a finite amount of Time, regardless the distance traveled.
The reason it werks is because whatever Time it is here Now, it is that Time throughout the entire Universe, sew when you step into a Time-portal, the Law of Time dictates you can only occupy Time a finite moment at a Time, thus, you can only exist WITHIN Time for a finite moment, sew you will be "kicked" out of Time at the other linked Time-portal, a finite moment later. It's like walking thru a doorway.

Space & Time are separate verses of this Uni-verse, although intertwined as One!

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I think you're licking your own back too much.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

You should mention that is costs a lot of money to park you're car in vegas.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

i' has NoN
ST = SD's
No-Number? www.theosociety.org...

edit on 3-2-2012 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
this 2-->

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Time and Movement are relative to each other.
Space contains time-movement.
Space, Time, and Movement are illusionary.
There is only and eternally 'Here' and 'Now.'

edit on 2/3/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Space-time is a four dimensional construct.

It has four axes: Width, height, depth & time. These axes are often notated as X, Y, Z & T.

They are all spatial dimensions and can be measured in meters (or feet).

In the case of the time axis, we know that the velocity limit is the speed of light.

Velocity is equal to distance divided by time, so since we know the speed of light is 299,792,458 meters per second. We can see, therefore, that 1 second = 299,792,458 meters along the time axis.

Knowing that, we can also see that any event in Space-time can be mapped out using simple Cartesian coordinates and does not necessarily require unreal or fractional numbers to be understood mathematically.

Too many people over-complicate something that any college grad can understand.

edit on 3/2/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join