It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone believe the unemployment BS reports today?!?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Jesus F'ing Christ, unbelievable!!! Biggest load of creamy, smelly BS I have heard in a while!!!! Actually just another day of fecal matter from the media...
edit on 3-2-2012 by pityocamptes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I am surprised they aren't telling us it's 2% unemployment, what's the difference? It's all make believe numbers anyway. We are blowing away the Great Depression.

edit on 3-2-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I do not know what to believe. One day up, one day down.

I am wondering if the 13,000 airline layoffs were part of the numbers or not.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Well it would seem they are jizzing themselves over the massive amount of TEMP WORKERS!!! Since when do part time/temp workers really contribute that much to the overall economy? Its not like they have an excessive amount of expendable income...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

Yeah, they are probably seasonal workers. Hired to clear snow or something.
Once the snow melts, the jobs melt with it.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
hey dude whats the craic cant see any links and i feel yer pain most of the people i know ar eunemployed yet they say unemployment for scotland is 8.6% lol its WAY more than that theres no jobs what so ever .

actually its wierd i just googled uk unemployment percentage and it says 8.4 % hmmmm could it be 8.4% for england/wales and northern ireland and 8.6% for scotland? that would equal 17% as the entire uk ... maybe im wrong but it comes across that way just never mentioned in the news or whatever always england this or scotland that .
edit on 3-2-2012 by MrBlueSky because: done a quick search when i realised the media wasnt reporting uk unemployment as a whole ...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
No, no I don't. The look on the ground continues to deteriorate, and even non-conspiracy people around me suspect that something is up.

If the numbers are the truth, it's only because people are leaving the labor force or taking part-time and temp work.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
No because I'm still unemployed!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
In America at least its not really that the amount of unemployed people has decreased, rather than they actually just made it harder to be eligible for unemployment. Less people on unemployment = lower unemployment rate. Its a load of farcical bullsnip really.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I usually do my grocery shopping during the morning/mid-day hours because the crowds are smaller. Over the past month I have noticed fewer shoppers out during the day. I've also noticed fewer cars on the road during the day. So, yes, I can believe it. But, how long will it last?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

No, I don't believe any of it! Couldn't agree with you more, if there are jobs being added anywhere its not jobs for the common person!!!!!!!!!!!
And why would any retail place be hiring, they just got over Christmas!!!! The media are doing their job however, they're preaching to the sheeple in this country wo when the SHTF the upheaval won't be far behind, and then the takeover comes and NDAA is enacted and a slew of executive orders none good!!!! Can I get me a biomedical engineering job
Give me a break!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
"Figures lie, and liars figure."

Peace

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
It's been high in England for a few years.

Worst part is I was fired from my last job in late 2008 for having doctor and hospital recommended time off due to a cancer scare plus the return of my depression as a result.

Since then, no jobs I'm qualified to do because they only want people with experience (but don't offer experience to those who wanna take that job) and other than those few, there aren't jobs available anyway.

The stress of the Department of Work and Pensions taking much needed money off me for "failing to look for work properly" when it's not my fault there aren't jobs anywhere and I had to practically go without food for two weeks due to the money taken away (plus constant appeals to get it back lost) made the depression worse to the point I don't even like leaving the house to take out the trash to the bottom of the garden.

And then they wanna crack down on benefits because people are angry at the minority who cheat the system while the majority who genuinely need them and have medically been told they're not fit for work (in my case severe depression plus a severe hatred of humanity because of my experiences along with suicidal thoughts) and it feels like if they force these changes through then my only option would be suicide cause I don't wanna have to put up with this any more.

top topics

join