It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran successfully launches new satellite into orbit !!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

S&F
funny, saw another thread concerning the iranian missile threat
and immediately thought:

Space Program

no links have i,
only the memory of reading an article by larouche during the 90's
the gist being that back in the 80's both Brazil and Iraq
had started their own Space Programs

and the empire didn't like it so...

brazil accepted an offer they couldn't refuse.

we all know what happened to iraq

history does not repeat itself,
but sometimes it rhymes

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
1.) Can people still deny Iran has missile/rocket technology that can [ if used for that purpose] threaten other countries at great distances?

I dont claim to know about missle delivery systems.

The concenus I read on these threads is Iran would have trouble reaching Israel with most of theirs.

Always open to learn, and change my mind.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Two things..

1.) Can people still deny Iran has missile/rocket technology that can [ if used for that purpose] threaten other countries at great distances?

and

2.) I wonder how long it will be before their new satellite fails due to unknown "Mysterious" circumstances?

1.) I think they have had "missiles" for quite some time, since that have launched satellites before. Of course they could reach other countries, the "payload" is the obvious question.

Iranian Space Agency

The Iranian Space Agency (ISA, Persian: سازمان فضایی ایران Sázmán e Fazái e Irán) is Iran's governmental space agency. Iran is an active participant in the Asian space race and became an orbital-launch-capable nation in 2009. Iran is one of the 24 founding members of the United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space, which was set up in 1958....

Rasad-1 is an imaging satellite that has been built and launched successfully by Iran. The satellite was sent into the 260 kilometres orbit by a Safir rocket launcher on June 15, 2011.[19][20][21] It beams back to earth pictures with 150-meter resolution.

2.)
any time now. Maybe China conducts another "test".

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by mytheroy
Wonder if anyone else pick up on this...In the first quote Sanat satellite unscramble it and reveal satan sat. werid coincidence or something more? IDK When all this plays out it won't be good

Good pickup

I wonder what the word/name "Sanat" means in Persian ?

Hmmm.

translations are tricky.

It means something like "Messenger of Science and Industry/Technology" - probably named for the Iran University of Science and Technology who designed it.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'm no rocket scientist but if Iran can override the controls on a Drone I'd have to say they've moved beyond Nuclear weapons ... moving into high tech radar and EMP stuff.

Just a thought

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Once again Iranians proved that they can develop and progress,despite all the sanctions and hostilities coming at them from the west,in the last 30 years.........And that just,pisses everybody off!.......but there is no reason to worry...Iran has proven to be amongst the most peaceful nations in the world ( if not the most ) in the last 100 years or so..Why not help and encourage developing,progressing countries,instead of bashing and fearing them?...it says a lot about our personalities and intentions.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well this changes things!

beezzer's Top 10 (nod to Letterman) things Iran will do next!

10. Sell IED's to the Klingons
9. Put a man on the sun. (They'll do it at night)
8. Land on the crescent moon.
7. Have Barbarella condemned as a heritic.
6. Launch a ship to Europa piloted by a smart computer named al-HAL.
5. Colinize a planet where they have never heard of "Jersey Shore".
4. Invade Starfleet HQ and hold hostages for 444 days.
3. Search for Emperor Palpetine, join "forces".
2. Find Princess Lea and put a burka on her.
1. Land on Mars, but blow it up because the Caledonia Face looked too much like Mohammed!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yes yes, Iran will take up where Iraq left off, ending the world in their diabolical plan to nuke us crazy and wait it all out in their air fortress. The G I Joes are in for a real treat, it is armed with lasers and nukes.

An all out attack is out of the question now that Iran has recruited the red skull to thwart captain America's team. What they dont know is that Iron man has just joined SHIELD and is building a new Iran buster suit.

Stay tuned as the evil axis of evil will launch a nano- virus into the Eifel tower.
On next week's episode, Iran will fill ATS with junk Iran threads until the war of freedom is launched against our most diabolical nemesis. The Iran foot clan.

Our ninja turtle marines are prepped and ready to shell shock the advancing Iranian sentinels capturing our mutant friends in an effort to turn the world into mutant hybrids. All level 5 mutants that will become the phoenixes
And end the world with massive psy-attacks on the planets crust.

What peril will our heroes face in next week's episode? Only time will tell......ooooh

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Man peaceful intentions, sure why not. It's not like the technology came from a military application in the first place. Just now Iran can claim it's for peaceful purpose's. Partially it is, but Iran's military is heavily involved in such advances.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Big deal! Like I give a hoot! Let me stop what I am doing because Iran allegedly shot a satellite into orbit. Time to cancel their contract with Direct TV? I suppose now the Ayatollah can indulge in his guilty pleasure of fine broadcasting like American Idol and Jersey Shore.
I am just joking.

Maybe it was a weather balloon or they launched a kite or something? Good for them, and if true? Welcome to the space race. Furthermore, since apparently they can launch things into orbit? Next stop could mean ICBM's? Oh goodie gum drops! They got a lot of work to do at their mountain fortress of Fordo.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I think Iran knows exactly what they're doing. Yes, IMO their Military is having a field day with this as a PR opportunity.

reply to post by beezzer

I'm officially taking you off my friends list. Now, I know we've been tight lil-buddy for a while but every time I read one of your posts [beezze's top ten list] for example I usually spit up either my coffee or Scotch [Depends if I'm home or at work. Side Note: I never drink Scotch at home] and waste a fair amount of my beverage.

So, you have cost me a small fortune in Napkins, Paper towels, Dress shirts, Pants and Keyboard replacement and cleaning over the history of our friendship.

This will have to end and be a deal breaker lil-buddy

P. S. You can come by later after Jeopardy to pick up your cook books, curling iron and toiletries.

edit on 3-2-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I think they know what they are doing as well. Playing everyone like a fiddle. Iran is just trying to get a better satellite signal to get the Super Bowl in HI DEF.
At least that is what some would categorize this alleged development made by PressTV. I say alleged, because if I believed everything coming out of PressTV? Iran would be in the process of exploring the outer reaches of the solar system.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'm officially taking you off my friends list. Now, I know we've been tight lil-buddy for a while but every time I read one of your posts [beezze's top ten list] for example I usually spit up either my coffee or Scotch [Depends if I'm home or at work. Side Note: I never drink Scotch at home] and waste a fair amount of my beverage.

So, you have cost me a small fortune in Napkins, Paper towels, Dress shirts, Pants and Keyboard replacement and cleaning over the history of our friendship.

This will have to end and be a deal breaker lil-buddy

P. S. You can come by later after Jeopardy to pick up your cook books and toiletries.

Turn about is fair play. You just made me spill a very tender 18 year old (single malt, you pervert)

edit on 3-2-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Old news from when they launched their last satellite.. The reason Iran can do is would be because of North Korea and Pakistan...

So the comment about them doing it by themselves is not quite accurate.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by shapur
Iran has proven to be amongst the most peaceful nations in the world ( if not the most ) in the last 100 years or so..

· "Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury."
· "Remove Israel before it is too late and save yourself from the fury of regional nations."
· "If the West does not support Israel, this regime will be toppled. As it has lost its raison d' tre, Israel will be annihilated."
· "Israel is a tyrannical regime that will one day will be destroyed."
· "Israel is a rotten, dried tree that will be annihilated in one storm."

www.jewishphilly.org... (Yes, Jewish site, so some here on ATS will discount it for that reason, but that was the easiest site to find them all in one place.)

And then there's that one "wipe Israel off of the map" quote that they claim was mistranslated. Even if they are correct, their translation isn't much better.

There was also the small matter of the hostage crisis where they kept those 52 Americans for 444 days:

The actual treatment of the hostages was far different from that purported in Iranian propaganda: the hostages described beatings,[59] theft,[60] the fear of bodily harm while being paraded blindfold before a large, angry chanting crowd outside the embassy (Bill Belk and Kathryn Koob),[61] having their hands bound "day and night" for days[62] or even weeks,[63] long periods of solitary confinement[64] and months of being forbidden to speak to one another[65] or stand, walk, and leave their space unless they were going to the bathroom.[66] In particular they felt the threat of trial and execution,[67] as all of the hostages "were threatened repeatedly with execution, and took it seriously."[68] The hostage takers played Russian Roulette with their victims.[69]

en.wikipedia.org...

Those peace-loving Iranians. Gotta love 'em.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Old news from when they launched their last satellite.. The reason Iran can do is would be because of North Korea and Pakistan...

So the comment about them doing it by themselves is not quite accurate.

That is a good theory.

maybe this new launch is bull.

MSNBC has a report.

updated 2/3/2012 7:49:42 AM ET -- AP -- MSNBC

TEHRAN, Iran — Iran successfully launched a new small satellite into orbit early Friday, state media reported, the latest in the country's ambitious space program that has raised concerns because of its possible military applications.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called in to the launch site, saying he was "hopeful this act will send a signal of more friendship among all human beings," the state IRNA news agency reported.
Iran reports launch of small satellite into orbit

The MSNBC headline does say "Iran reports ...."

They do not actually acknowlege it really happened !!

Hmmm.

I wonder if NASA has confirmed anything ?

Other U.S. reports are also saying "Iran reports ...."

This could be propaganda

We need to actually confirm this "launch".

edit on Feb-03-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Good one! If number five on the list was possible........I would go. Watching Jersey Shore should be illegal.
edit on 3-2-2012 by JMech because: Beer

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Maybe Iran already have the nuclear bomb and nobody knows it. How could Israel or the USA be so sure that hey don't have it?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I browsed the replies and I have not seen anyone who has thought about this is Iran's ICBM? The ability to launch a vehicle into space is the hard part to threathen the world... if not Iran only has a regional reach with their nukes... this is a real game changer ...

Personally, I think Iran already has nukes and the West will be surprised when they findout. Iran's ICBMs are in production now and they are now developing a "hardened" missle complex to launch from .....

"just my thought"

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Iran are not planning on attacking anyone. When was the last time they did attack anyone? If anything this is self defence against countries renown for invading foreign countries. What is good for one should be good for all especially when it comes to nukes and the country dictating to Iran being the 2nd largest nuke holder in the world. The Islamic revolution really upset your leaders didnt it?

edit on 3-2-2012 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join