It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The salmon farmer who feeds the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I really needed a good news story today and this one filled the bill:

www.catholicherald.co.uk...

Magnus Macfarlane-Barrow’s first experience of delivering aid was to drive a Land Rover crammed with food, clothing and medicine from the Highlands of Scotland down to Bosnia. At the time he was a salmon farmer: he had taken just a week’s holiday to do it. When he got back, his family shed was bulging with aid that had poured in from friends and friends of friends. He quit his job, sold his house, and learned to drive articulated lorries. Now, about 20 years later, his charity Mary’s Meals feeds half a million children every day.

This story began when at age 14, Magnus, made a pilgrimage to Medjugorje. Medjugorje is a village in western Bosnia and Herzegovina where Marian apparitions have allegedly been occurring to six (then) children since the 1981.

The difference one person, with an idea and the will to make it happen, can make in the world is amazing. It is quite a "feel good" story. Hope you take the time to read this touching story. I'm glad I did.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

A heart warming post that brings a little moisture to my eye. The picture alone speaks volumes. Malawi is a beautiful place with beautiful people. I never made it that far but did see Malawians crossing the border of Zimbabwe in search of food, work, money, and/or a cigarette. Thankfully not all humans are concerned with their own existence alone. S n F.

edit on 3/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I like what you have offered, truly something i also needed amongst the madness of my daily doings.

join