It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids are the root of all evil...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Well, if you're not going to "throw them out" because they're "family", then you had better lay some rules down and be ready to enforce them. You should tell your sister to rein in her offspring, otherwise they'll need to find their own place. This is not being cold-hearted, this is being fair.

Personally, I think you are making a grave mistake, and something ugly may happen. A 16 year old that threatens to kill a pet? Why not get them into homeless assistance, so at least your sister has a place of her own, even if it is a motel room with a kitchenette? How long will you have to deal with this? Another two or more years? Are you willing to put up with it? What happens if this kid kills your dog and then hides the evidence, telling you it ran away? If I were you, I'd think very carefully about this.

If you are so devoted to the idea of family, you should do more than pay lip-service to it. You have posted many times about how much you hate your niece. If you believe in the family thing, you ALL should go to counseling together to hash this out. Whatever you do, continuing down this same path with no deviation will only end badly.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Yeah, you need to spray her in the face. Do it often, for every offense.
She'll get pissed, sure, but the hope is that she'll complain to her parents. When that happens you get to use this little gem:

"She doesn't like getting sprayed like a dog, tell her to stay away from my stuff. I love my niece, and I love you, but your staying here is conditional on her behavior. Get her under control, or I'm going to be forced to ask you to move out. I've been respectful and nice by allowing you to move in, so I'd like a little give back in the respect department. It's up to you."

If you allow yourself to be a doormat, people will use you as such, family or not. There's such a thing as being nice, and then there's being naive. Don't get used.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

I'm not throwing my family out. I don't hate them. I hate the attitude. I hate the destruction of my stuff, that, I spent a lot money on.

I have nothing, and they are ruining, the last stuff I have left.

The other night, the child wanted to kill my dog. It's like I can't trust her in my house when I'm not home in fear of her hurting my dog.

She says, I love the dog more than her. "Not my fault the dog doesn't want to play with you"

I wouldn't have them in my house, family or not. They're taking advantage of you, destroying your stuff, and your dog is in clear danger.
You cannot pick your family, but you can choose your own sanity.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I am materialistic, because I bought the stuff. Why should everything I buy be destroyed by an incorrigible child that has no value of anything? I bought this stuff. I bought my house. I bought everything in the house. My Turkish rugs are destroyed after this child started living here. My bathroom floor is destroyed from her flooding it out.

Feels like, I have to pack everything up and put in my garage until they find their own place.

It's annoying.

LOL you are hilarious! Listen to yourself MY TURKISH RUGS lol millions of people out of work and this bothers you!

Perhaps she is there to teach you somthing about how shallow you are? It is just stuff and everything, EVERYTHING breaks at some point in time but again its just stuff.

Why not take her out to a movie, get to know the person inside this Angry teen who a had an obviously bad upbringing? She is your neice after all and more than that another human being! Find out why she is doing this (unless you are also stupid as well as materialistic) because you will find the answer is ATTENTION!

Feelings of being needed and wanted and not knowing how to express them...HECK take her shopping LOL then both of you can find some commonality in STUFF but maybe, just maybe you create a bond and good memories of an Aunt who cares not a mean one selfish self centered one...

If not are you telling me you value your House, Your Turkish Rugs more than the life and memories of a living being?

I kinda think you are a Funny Troll now...
edit on 3-2-2012 by abeverage because: spelling

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I got kids..

I can't imagine my life without them....because without them...I can't imagine anything stressing me...really.

I can pay my bills..

work is pretty good..

My wife is awesome..

Yet everyday is stressfull....and I blame the little bastards

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Spare the rod and spoil the child.

"He who spareth the rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him correcteth him betimes" (Proverbs 13:24) and "Withhold not correction from a child: for if thou strike him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and deliver his soul from hell." (Proverbs 23:13-14)

This isn't an iron rod or a baseball bat were talking about...this verse means the equivalent of a switch, or a cane rod like the Thai use.

Notice how when the government took away a parent's right to punish their children's wrong doing, things got worse? now you try and spank a kid and they threaten you with social services which leaves you powerless to take their abuse and disrespect.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

so your saying.......

The reason my daughter wants 60$ for hair extensions is because I didn't hit her enough as a toddler??

Damn!...thinking the Bible was a pile of crap all these years.

edit on 3-2-2012 by wrathchild because: (no reason given)

Sorry....I just noticed you were from Arkansas...my mistake

edit on 3-2-2012 by wrathchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

This is soo funny.
edit on 3-2-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathchild

Ha ha, so funny.

Bigot.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You think think Jeeeezas wants us to punch our children....And your from ARKANSAS...

I guess the word "bigot"...might be a sensitive issue with y"alll

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Whoop the bitch ass ALREADY. Thats all you can do

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I did take take her shopping. To calm her down, then she went back into fit rage the minute her and her mother collided. I spent over $150 on her. I think I was generous.

And yes, I value my stuff, because some of it is not replaceable. And I like my nice home. I didn't work my butt off to live in a box with nothing.

When you have to start from scratch over and over, it gets tiring after a while. I shouldn't have to keep replacing things. I've had to start over like 6x. I have seldom stuff left, from past divorces and robberies. Like people have no respect for the things you own. And now, I have to replace everything from a destructive child. It's literally exhausting.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc
Whoop the bitch ass ALREADY. Thats all you can do

The kid in the video passed away.

RIP
edit on 3-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

i don think hes dead

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc

i don think hes dead

was found shot to death last week, just steps away from his Terrytown neighborhood home.

According to the New Orleans Times-Picayune, the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office said Michael Taylor, 16, was found shot to death shortly after 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 7 when deputies responded to a report of gunshots in the area.

www.blackamericaweb.com.../news/moving_america_news/35382[

www.eurweb.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Start grounding her, taking a way all her privileges. If she doesn't clean her room she can't go out, unplug the internet from her room, take the phone away, etc.

She doesn't respect you or thinks of you as an authority figure at all. It's only been 4 years since I was 16, I know the mindset.

You have to lay down rules. 16 is nearly an adult, if she would break your telescope now...what's she going to do when shes 18? Get in a fight and end up in jail because she has anger problems?

Just read more of the thread. If she's a danger to living beings such as your pets.

SHES GOT TO GO.

You have a future serial killer/sadist living with you.

16 isn't a kid, she knows what she is doing.

edit on 2/3/2012 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab
how old is she

O-M-G, the way you were talking about her I thought she was in 1st grade or something. Tell her and her folks strait up, she can't come over anymore until she learns discipline or has an attitude adjustment. PERIOD. sometimes that can be the nicest thing you can do, and save yourself from future problems. I feel for you, and can relate, but mine is a nephew...........

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

They would be living on the streets right now if I didn't help them. But I am getting tired of this kid destroying my house and throwing things at me and my dog.

THIS TO SHALL PASS!! You will be looking back not long from now!

When I look back to when my 2 kids were each at 16ish I remember about what you are feeling! I have always thought there should be some teenage prison where they all go until they get over it!

They are selfish 100%...They hate everyone especially those who have treated them the best and given the most...BUT they grow up and when they do they do appreciate that you were there through that rough time and didn't kill them even! LOl! hang tight!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrathchild
I got kids..

I can't imagine my life without them....because without them...I can't imagine anything stressing me...really.

I can pay my bills..

work is pretty good..

My wife is awesome..

Yet everyday is stressfull....and I blame the little bastards

Wow and you did it THREE TIMES!!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Spare the rod spoil the child manhater.

But from what I remember your sisters kid is to old and big to spank, but that does not mean you can not do it in some other way to get you point across that you will not tolerate such behavior. If she throws food at you, or breaks your stuff, then it's time to put your foot down, and her mother to. Stuff like this is her job, and she ain't doing it.

If she and her mother are living with you they should have respect for your stuff and your rules. And if you don't have any rules then make some, impose some rules and if they go overboard. Kick them out till they come to there senses, which from what you describe of there situation eventually they will have to. After all they are quests and should know that.

The other night, the child wanted to kill my dog. It's like I can't trust her in my house when I'm not home in fear of her hurting my dog.

NO not mister chi chi bubberrooskies, the kid must be beat with a wet fish till she comes to her senses.

It really sounds like you got problems manhater, this kid is a ball of snakes just waiting to come lose. I would say get her in boot camp or something. But baring that what does this kid do all day? At that age they are crazy, and everything is coming at them. If they don't have some way to release there frustrations and energy's it will turn inward, and as you see make your life a mess.

If she goes to school try to get her into some extra curricular activities, anything and everything to get her in another situation with people she does not know, but knows that she can not play these games with. A change in scenario and habitat will go a long way to changing her mind. Doesn't she have some friends or something, hanging with you and her mother all the time cant be all that good for her.

In fact it just sounds like she is pushing the boundaries because she was not educated any better, and because she knows that she can push the boundaries with you and her mother.

Kid can't dress herself properly.
Kid can't take a shower or bath. And when she does it's Katrina waiting happen.
Kid doesn't clean up after herself. Looks like a tornado in my home.

WTF that is some serious problems you have to deal with manhater. But really discipline is the word and 16 is a transition phase, if not corrected it will just get worse. I would not be in your shoes for all the cheeseburgers in the world manhater.

No mam, sounds like a real headache, and I would smack her or anybody no matter the age if they did all that especially if there breaking my stuff. But she is not young enough to forget such things, so being that direct will probably just make the situation worse, you will have to find a balance somewhere. Or find a way to get them to move on.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join