It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids are the root of all evil...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Bah, I want to buy my nice telescope and these nice granite mahogany tables for my living room to match my leather couches but I know once I buy this stuff, that, when the child gets into her rage fit, this first thing she is going to go for, is either my telescope, or she'll purposely try to break the tables. Would of gotten these nice black and glass table tops but I doubt that will last a week. Bah, it's like I can't own anything nice. The other day, I had to wear Chinese and Dr. PIbb. Hate when she throws food at me. And when you try to do something nice for her to calm down, she still goes half cocked crazy. Feels like wtf did I just spend a $150 on you for? ugh ugh ugh. I even let her wear my $200 Safari Outfit for school. That's stretch out now. Gawd, I hate being nice. Being nice gets you nowhere.

edit on 3-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Are you being serious, or is this some sort of sarcasm?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

edit on CFridayam020235f35America/Chicago03 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Bah, I want to buy my nice telescope and these nice granite mahogany tables for my living room to match my leather couches but I know once I buy this stuff, that, when the child gets into her rage fit, this first thing she is going to go for, is either my telescope, or she'll purposely try to break the tables. Would of gotten these nice black and glass table tops but I doubt that will last a week. Bah, it's like I can't own anything nice. The other day, I had to wear Chinese and Dr. PIbb. Hate when she throws food at me. And when you try to do something nice for her to calm down, she still goes half cocked crazy. Feels like wtf did I just spend a $150 on you for? ugh ugh ugh. I even let her wear my $200 Safari Outfit for school. That's stretch out now. Gawd, I hate being nice. Being nice gets you nowhere.

I'm confused by this, are you a mother?, is this your child?, not to pass judgement but you sound superficial, more time with the kiddo and less time worrying about expensive material objects, maybe that explains her rage. maternal before material.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Ya...your going to have to get rid of the kid!

You can try to adopt him/her out...but it takes forever...so your going to have to come up with something else!

A nice telescope can bring you years of enjoyment...kids...just misery!

Nice funny rant...made me laugh!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Oh those first world problems must truly make life horrible. How will you ever manage?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Kids are the root of all evil

I wanted to buy myself a table and this awesome telescope, but I had to buy my kid a Barbie instead. She is clearly spoiled.

So...yeah. Your kid is evil because you couldn't spend money on yourself. You must be a wonderful mother...

I think my point is made.

edit on CFridayam494934f34America/Chicago03 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

edit on CFridayam434335f35America/Chicago03 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I even let her wear my $200 Safari Outfit for school. That's stretch out now. Gawd, I hate being nice. Being nice gets you nowhere.

OMG please say you are kidding, I re read this and seen "that's stretch out now", That is so wrong, I hope this isn't your child, maybe you babysit her or this is your little sister and you are just a bitch.

link   

In your rant, you said "the child", not "my child". Is this not your own child? If not, what circumstances brought this living arrangement about? How old is this child, and what is its gender?

Besides these questions, I have a few words of advice for you: Spending money on a kid in lieu of quality time will always be an epic fail. They are not old enough to appreciate the value of anything except your patience and caring, so save your money. Secondly, if you child is over the age of 3 and they are throwing food at you, you have a serious problem with that child.

If it is your child, you'd better learn to rein in the wild behavior right quick before it gets worse. If it is not your child, I am curious as to what the situation is.

link   
Since when did the belief that you have to befriend your children become the popular belief? Your job is to get them ready for the real world. Support them, sure, but to bend over and take it up the rear? I don't think so.
Through you your child must learn everything he/she will need to survive adulthood. This includes, not just joy, happiness, acceptance, and fun, but also rejection, consequences, pain, and a moral/ethical code.
If your child is behaving in the manner described in the op, then he/she is in serious need of some discipline. Cellphones might have to go, tv might have to be taken away, computer time too, and if that doesn't work, nothing says "get right" like a firm hand to the ass.

edit on 3-2-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

link   
You crazy. She's not my kid. I will never have kids. She's my niece.

I am getting ready to take her to pig farm and just about ready to throw her in a pig pen. Because that's how she lives here. That's the way she likes living. Driving me insane.

She is totally destructive.

You should of heard her ordering her mother the other day.

She mimics what she hears, and at school she heard, You don't want to pick a fight with me, because you know what I will do.

You freaking kidding me. If was her mother, I would popped her in the mouth with that attitude.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Oh well, only option left now is to sedate the child when she/he start playing up. . . .

(Sarcasm)

I think the problem is you. You place whats happening with your own belongings before the behavioral problems of the child.

Alarm Bells should be ringing at this point...

Instead of ranting on a conspiracy site, full of people who are going to tell you how much of a bad job your doing, go sit down - take some time off work and spend as much time doing what this child wants. Instead of buying sht you really dont need, take the child somewhere magical.

The baby mother may get excited at the thought of money and shiny bling, but the child surly will not.

edit on 3-2-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I think you missed the memo

It's actually MONEY that is the root of all evil.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
Oh well, only option left now is to sedate the child when she/he start playing up. . . .

(Sarcasm)

I think the problem is you.

Trust me, one night with this kid and you will be trying sedate her.
Problem is not me. It's the way her father and mother brought her up.

link   
how old is she

link   

Originally posted by hapablab
how old is she

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

I think you missed the memo

It's actually MONEY that is the root of all evil.

Oh but wait, I think money IS the actual bad guy, remember that 200 dollar outfit the little girl stretched out. lol

16, yep thats the rage age?, I was assuming this was a little little kid not a teenager, I remember when my niece was 16 if she acted like that the last thing I would be worried about is my nice stuff, I would be more concered with her state of mind. I would stop making this 16 y/o feel worthless.
edit on 3-2-2012 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

They would be living on the streets right now if I didn't help them. But I am getting tired of this kid destroying my house and throwing things at me and my dog.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It sounds like you don't deserve kids, you apear to be too materialistic and shallow for this responsiblity. And since they are related the apple falls not far from the tree...Betting you were worse that or you had parents that loved you and taught you properly to respect people and their things, which your neice has not learned.

Children are a gift.

But your story was funny and you do deserve that!

edit on 3-2-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab
how old is she

So she's old enough to get a job and out of the house now?

What are the US laws on this?
edit on 3-2-2012 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join