Unluckiest Person Ever? Entire Town Wins Lottery, Except for One Man

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
newsfeed.time.com...

Every Christmas in Spain, there is a lottery draw so grand it’s called El Gordo, which translates as “the fat one.” And the tiny village of Sodeto has had some serious cause for celebration after all of the 70 households — except for one — purchased tickets via the homemakers’ association. And these lucky locals’ number came up (58268), resulting in them getting a share of the monster $950 million first-place prize.

Interesting, I've never heard of this type of lottery before. Poor guy. From another source:

Costis Mitsotakis, a Greek filmmaker who moved to the village for a woman, is the only resident of Sodeto who did not purchase a ticket. Mitsotakis says he is no longer with the woman and now lives in a barn he is restoring just outside the village

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I would think that unlucky guy has the potential to be the luckiest guy ever.
I just think, that, that one guy will probably get a lot of donations. And charity. And really if he plays his cards right, he could end up with more than the rest of the people.

But ya very weird lottery. Not like the darn powerball I keep losing.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MoosKept240

... and, he doesn't have to worry about his neighbors trying to borrow money from him.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Ouuuch! How would you feel?

I wonder if he just passed on his opportunity to chip in, or if he is somewhat of a recluse and/or was never asked to be part of the lottery?

If he refused to chip in, it's his loss....but still, Man.

I wouldn't be surprised if that happened to me though. I'd be like "yup, that figures."

new topics

join