It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'This is just the beginning': Hacking group Anonymous takes over Greek Ministry of Justice website

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

'This is just the beginning': Hacking group Anonymous takes over Greek Ministry of Justice website and warns other Governments are in its sights

www .dailymail.co.uk

Computer hacking group Anonymous has launched a cyber-attack on the Greek Ministry of Justice website, and warned of plans to target a further 300 ministry and media sites.
The hack was apparently a protest against the Greek government's signing of the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA), which is designed to reduce internet piracy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Fri Feb 3 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: title edit

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
They are doing this to stop internet censorship,but in my honest opinion its only going to speed thing's up dramaticly,As the days go by i am leaning more towards ANON is a goverment lead movement,thay are not acualy acheving much apart from taking the sites down for a short while so what the point,or am i missing something?

www .dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Its a few kids that think theyre badass.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Yeah, its just the beginning of nothing...hacking sites might slow something down for a short amount of time but nothing will begin until we have the balls to make some heads roll.
edit on 3-2-2012 by baalbuster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
So let them attack
Let them take down all these websites and compromised the media/government/corp/banks, These are all things that they use to control us and make trillions in profit from us, control us, and take away our freedoms.

Let the governments push internet censorship
I dare them.
If they want a fight, continuing down this road of internet censorship is just going to make the fight that much harder. Contrary to popular belief, people aren't stupid, and the harder they push, the harder we are going to push back.

I want them to hack the media, and start dropping truthbombs
Someone somewhere is waiting for the right time to drop these truthbombs, they will shake the world.
edit on 3/2/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
haha , you do realise ... all this stuff anonymous is doing? Is actually going to get stricter protocols put into place. Hell , i am starting to agree with these piracy laws more and more because of this " Anonymous" group.
edit on 3-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
If Anonymous was serious they'd pull a Fight Club and erase the privately held debt record or something earth-shattering that would publicly expose the us government.

Not running freshman-level ddos attacks. Until then they're just a tool.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I am afraid nothing can stop the gov's plan to control the Internet.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
So let them attack
Let them take down all these websites and compromised the media/government/corp/banks, These are all things that they use to control us and make trillions in profit from us, control us, and take away our freedoms.

Let the governments push internet censorship
I dare them.
If they want a fight, continuing down this road of internet censorship is just going to make the fight that much harder. Contrary to popular belief, people aren't stupid, and the harder they push, the harder we are going to push back.

I want them to hack the media, and start dropping truthbombs
Someone somewhere is waiting for the right time to drop these truthbombs, they will shake the world.
edit on 3/2/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

Now THAT is something I would love to see happen..just imagine watching CNN one day then BAM pirate message takes its place, giving out all the dirty little secrets.

Anon will have to do something like this to impress me.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Bringing sites down for 20mins temporarily is HARDLY anything, sorry.

But then, even worse, it's sad to see that Anon is the only ones doing SOMETHING. I mean something is better than nothing.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Anonymous running freshman-level ddos attacks , yeah the time is now to show how serious this collective is, something with gravitas that will prove they can talk the talk as well as walk the walk , not 20 minute site take downs, I wait with baited breath

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
That was done by some greek hackers. They posted an old Anonymous video regarding greece and some pics. They even left traces.

That wasn't anonymous itself.. But aren't we all Anonymous?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by netwarrior
If Anonymous was serious they'd pull a Fight Club and erase the privately held debt record or something earth-shattering that would publicly expose the us government.

Yeah and they think anyone who believes in UFO's is an idiot...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

Why would they play all their cards "just like that"?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by netwarrior

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

You are right. Project Mayhen would learn them all! Everyone would be level again, the same folks claiming dominion due to $ "owed" to them because we gave them our $ and they lent that money back to us would have no ground to stand on!

I don't that dropping any "truthbombs" would work, TPTB would simply claim them to be fabricated by "terrorists".

Derek
edit on 3-2-2012 by Viesczy because: Added truthbomb comment.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
More worried about foreign problems than domestic.

Why don't they use their super leet hax0r powers on the US? You know...the country that basically controls the world...? Instead of doing lame DDoS attacks that last 2 seconds.

Oh that's right, because they're government shills.
edit on 3-2-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I think most of them are script kiddies that are doing it for the lulz, there are government agents that are doing things and claiming to be anonymous, and then there is the real anon. The real anon knows their stuff and I am fairly certain that if there was something plugged into something else they could find a way to hack it. They scare me.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe

Its more than a few kids. Anon has grown up and many of the attacks are sophisticated in nature. Peeps are defending the internet so that it remains a free place. Its not just kids its people from all walks of life.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Originally posted by theBigToe

Its more than a few kids. Anon has grown up and many of the attacks are sophisticated in nature. Peeps are defending the internet so that it remains a free place. Its not just kids its people from all walks of life.

"defending the internet" by pointlessly DDoSing government websites. the ones who want to sensor the internet. sure seems like it to me.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

"defending the internet" by pointlessly DDoSing government websites. the ones who want to sensor the internet. sure seems like it to me.

and what would you do... Sit around watching as the internet gets censored and falls under the same control as the mainstream media.

Hacking is only a small part of what anon do and its ok to think that Ddos is pointless many people the occupy movement as pointless.

If you think its pointless thats fine. The way I see it.. Its dreamers that change the world

top topics

<<   2 >>

join