It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men have no reporoductive legal rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Did anyone catch the TV show First Week In with the tax attorney who basically went to jail because all of his income went to alimony and child support and he could no longer make payments? I've seen it time and time again where men always get royally screwed in divorces or custody battles, regardless of the facts surrounding the case. Short of the mother snorting coc aine in court, she will always get custody and always get ridiculous child support amounts (or alimony in a divorce) that cripple the man.

dsc.discovery.com...
edit on 3-2-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Erm, a few extreme examples do not add up too the full weight of the legal argument that women are more often in need of protection for their reproductive rights than Men are. This thread seems to be a waste of time over an issue that only serves to highlight how much privilege men were once used to but now are not. Excessive crimes against a few examples aside, I think you'll find that men have more reproductive rights than women do, but by claiming Men have none you've made a ridiculous hyperbole of the fact some men are indeed smashed by the weight of their lives in stark contradiction with the idea Men are responsible.

We are responsible, and Rights are not a thing to be begged for from the state, you have them legitimately if you use them, and abusing them gets them taken away. Allegations of abuse are serious, but I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill, the real mountain would be the history of inequality we face and have to deal with. No single persons case in history could claim to speak for all of ours when it concerns reproduction.
edit on 3-2-2012 by Sachyriel because: meh, editing is fun

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This will definitely make me think twice about getting married one day. Doesn't seem like a very good idea.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

Why is it that you feel men of today should pay for the inequalities across time? I feel this thread was mislabeled because it should be more about the inequalities of the court system in determining what is actually best for the child. Just because it came out of her hole doesn't mean that the woman is always the most "responsible" individual to care for and raise the child.

You obviously have a chip on your shoulder. I like the way your promote discussion and try to teach others, because why have a civilized discussion. Break out the Thesaurus and bash the hell out of anyone with an opposing view...bravo.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'm in favor of children having their mothers and the courts thinking of that bond is a good thing, but the bad thing is now that many women are using children and marriage as a trap. Of course not all women do this but I've seen it done too much to people I know, the system just needs to make revisions is all.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

I am sorry but after you can't afford 2 children with different mothers from child support......Wouldn't a reasonable individual just "cut ties" with the children making ability??

Just sayin......

I am definitely saying the system is messed up too, but seriously......The time has come to think with the other brain

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
You have a good deal of control by choosing who to breed with. Wear a condom correctly, every single time. Now you are in control and won't have to worry about child support, courts, or alimony. If you absolutely want to have a child then choose your partner carefully. Live with that person for several years before procreating so you really know each other.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Short of any criminal or actual child danger the court should always make a 50/50 split with the kids unless the parents can agree on some arrangement. Men do get screwed most of the time in divorce court, contrary to popular belief you can still be forced to pay child support on a child that is not yours even if you have a paternity test that shows it.

top topics

join