It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health officials: Number of sick from raw milk from southern Pa. farm rises to 35 in 4 states

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Milk turns you fat.

Excessive sugars in milk is what makes you fat. Why do you think that bodybuilders now drop all dairy when prepping for shows? 11 g of sugar per 8 oz of milk, that is 44 calories that instantly are stored as fat if not used.

Derek

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Wasn't there just recently a thread here about the FDA saying that no verifable reports of sickness from raw milk have happened in some umpteen years (or ever)? Maybe I'm completely delusional but I remember something.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
[color=#00BFFF]Pick your poison...

We don't have cable TV nor do we eat fast food anymore.

Many people are opting for natural.

This summer when you are outdoors, take you favorite aspartame drink, ie Diet Coke...

Set it out for the bugs, there is NO JOY.

Get a "ThrowBack" Mountain Dew (contains sugar) and let the bugs then PARTEH!!!111

Pick your poison. It surrounds us.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
If they want to drink raw milk let them. If they get sick and die, that is their fault. The world could use a few less mouth breathers anyway.

Educating (or making every reasonable attempt to educate) people and letting Darwin have his way thereafter is a quaint notion.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Makes you wonder how it is that we ever got around to drinking cows milk to begin with. There is just something wrong with a species drinking another species's milk.

We have to however because its our best source for calcium. I have done so much research on this that it makes me sick to think about it. You might want to read some of my other posts about our diet.

Think about this, though: we eat all sorts of different parts of animals: their flesh, their organs.... if you can eat LIVER, or KIDNEYS, then milk certainly seems less disgusting to me. At least it is designed to be nutritious, rather than being part of the waste system.

I, too, have done a lot of research about the topic of diet. Years ago, I read all of the "anti-milk" opinions, and even went off dairy for awhile. But think about this-- you can pretty much find an "anti-" ANYTHING opinion when it comes to food, all backed up with "science" as to why we should "never" consume whatever-it-is.

Here are some of the various opinions I have read about the "correct" way to eat, each backed up with "science": all carbs are terrible; whole grains are the best thing you can eat; you should never eat wheat; try not to eat saturated fat; saturated fat is good for you; you should never drink milk; you should never eat sugar; fructose is bad (even fructose in fruit); the chemicals in food make the food safer; the chemicals in food are going to kill us all; ....I could go on, but you get the point.

My new philosophy is to relax, and eat what I enjoy. Whenever possible, make sure it is "real" food. I am much happier.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by The1Prettiest1One

Pardon me, it was the CDC that supposedly admitted something and a NaturalNews article, which is a creepy place to be.

CDC admits not a single person has died from consuming raw milk products in 11 years

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Milk is can be a good source of calcium but once pasterized/homogenized becomes more acidic...
...which counteracts any benefit from the calcium.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The news article just reeks of 'spin control' by the government. The government do not care that people and animals are dying from all manner of diseases and syndromes caused by fracking and oil spills and GMO modified food and ...do I really need to continue ...?

Drinking raw milk will make you sick - I imagine that after years of drinking 'processed' milk the human body might just react to consuming a food in its natural state - reaction/sickness - it is all just semantics.

I do not consume much dairy anymore - my dairy intake would be minimal to negotiable and I certainly do not drink processed milk anymore now that I have researched how it is processed.

If people want to drink raw milk - that is their choice. My understanding of cow milk is that it is provided - by nature - for baby cows. Consider also the fact that humans are the only animals who continue to drink milk for the duration of their life - other lifeforms only provide milk when their young are in infancy.

Hope more people wake up soon.

Much Peace...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
ALL. I REPEAT ALL milk has hormones in it. Thats how the cow makes the milk. Women who drink it, absorb cow natural hormones, and it does effect some women "hormonely" but most women arent in touch with their bodies to notice breast swelling, tenderness, or increased agitation. One does not need an expert to know this.

the FDA can piss off.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I say the rest can go with the FDA, too......
Milk fresh from the cow is what we raised two boys on, and it certainly didnt hurt them one bit....
We enjoyed our own supply of milk from that cow, and from the neighbours cow when it was down for a rest.....
between them and us we all drank plenty of milk and ate the cream, butter, and buttermilk we produced for ourselves.
I certainly drink less milk now than i once did when logging for a living....
Still it is an essential part of many other things i like to eat.
Pardon me if i choose to ignore both hysterical sides and go about my way eating and drinking whatever my appetite has a whim for....
I just dont happen to pig out on anything except blackberry pie....cant help it folks....and its great with a glass of ice cold.........you guessed it....

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

im pretty sure, the Fed wants us Dead, friend.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The government wants the population reduced. Are we really supposed to believe they are concerned about our "safety" when it comes to consuming raw milk? These news agencies probably get big kickbacks from the big corporate milk producers to post these shocking news headlines. The following article says rbgh (growth hormone in milk) reduces cow fertility 40% and increases lameness by 55%.

www.organicvalley.coop...

Could it be that the reduced fertility rate and increased lameness (from rbgh) is intended for the people that drink it -- not the cows??

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
As a kid I drank raw milk everyday during summer vacations when I stayed at my aunt/uncles farm. It was from their own cow. My aunt would strain it through cheesecloth but I don't remember her boiling it. I loved it and never got sick.

I'm a huge milk drinker. I have a glass with every meal and I'm far from being fat. I'm an extremely active country woman, at 105 lbs I need every calorie I can get. If people were more active they could pretty much eat what they want. BTW I believe the Watusi are adult milk drinkers and they grow to 6' - 8'+ tall.

Where I live in Huerfano County CO our local dairy was hit with Bovine Tuberculosis. It was horrible the owner had to put down his whole herd. After a 30 day down time/clean up he started up again. This dairy has been in operation for generations. They're still not sure how it was contracted. 4-H animals kept on the farm but apart from the herd tested negative. The worry was whether TB had spread to other areas via the state fair..luckily not the case.

What I find interesting is this dairy farmer firmly believes water from local methane drilling has stunted cattle/crops and caused birth defects. Milk production went down right along with his corn crop. He tested the water and found it had a high sodium content which he says is to blame.

Petroglyph is the drilling company they're on hold right now awaiting further study. Things could get pretty expensive for them as they've ruined a few local water wells. They're trucking in water for some, they've supplied methane detectors for others after their wells exploded. It's a mess. The point I'm trying to make is if the contaminated water/feed stunted cattle/crops/caused birth defects could it have made the animals more susceptible to bovine TB?

Even if you know the family you're purchasing raw milk from how much do you know about the feed/water source. I would say these days it's risky at best.

Here's a couple links about the dairy farm and methane drilling.

Bovine TB decimates local dairy

Colorado County Copes With Methane Mystery

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
35 people in 4 states?

Thats pretty good really. More people get ill from aspirin probably.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join