It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lake Vostok Scientific Team Original Drilling Docs and Info......

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Lake Vostok team not responding to any requests.......strange.

A group of Russian scientists plumbing the frozen Antarctic in search of a lake buried in ice for tens of millions of years have failed to respond to increasingly anxious U.S. colleagues -- and as the days creep by, the fate of the team remains unknown. "No word from the ice for 5 days," Dr. John Priscu professor of Ecology at Montana State University, told FoxNews.com via email.

Link
edit on 2/3/12 by Vasa Croe because:

And here is the original document on the project for a nice read.

WATER SAMPLING OF THE SUBGLACIAL LAKE VOSTOK DRAFT COMPREHENSIVE ENVIRONMENTAL EVALUATION
edit on 2/3/12 by Vasa Croe because: added document link

Press Release on Expedition when it started in January...In Russian so use google translate...

Vostok Press Release
edit on 2/3/12 by Vasa Croe because: press release added

New Years at Lake Vostok Press Release
edit on 2/3/12 by Vasa Croe because: press release added

edit on 2/3/12 by Vasa Croe because: ...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
And this is how every virus movie starts out.

....cue dramatic Hollywood narrator and music.

Here's to hoping we don't end up suffering a world-wide virus that once devastated all existing lifeforms on Earth, before being instantly frozen by a massive crustal shift which flash froze the Antarctic continent.

Uh oh!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Wow

I hope they didn't hit the water and have some sort of eruption.

I hope they are ok.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

That is very strange, especially as it appears they were regularly in contact with scientists around the world.

Obviously pure speculation now but what are you thinking? The Thing?
Airborne bacteria wiping them out? I suppose it could be for one of a million reasons, even something cynical like they have found something very interesting and are under orders to say nothing to anyone.

Personally, im going for the Thing!

The 5 days thing is also weird - i would be prepared to wager that in 5 days they had managed a further 40 feet drilling anyway.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I have told everyone who would listen to me about it on ATS that this way a bad idea. They shouldn't have violated the lake with such a contaminated hole!

and No response for five days? Thats not good.

If thats true they are Dead. I won't try and pretend like I know from what, but they are on the buttom of the world... A lot can go wrong...
edit on 3-2-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

Somethings not right, they should have broken through by now...
edit on 3-2-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It is quite possible the lake itself found some way to kill them. Maybe there are dissolved toxic gases in the water that fizzed up out of the water and went up the hole and gassed the station. Or we woke the aliens up and they really needed their beauty sleep

Either way the damned Russians have definitely contaminated the lake.
edit on 3-2-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
It's already being discussed here:

Above Top Secret

Interesting at least...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Hundroid

Yeah, but that is about the expedition.
This is about them going "missing", for now anyways.

I think they hit the lake and the pressure caused something to happen.
Just where my mind went.
That would suck!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

What if they hit the lakes pressure and it shot up with force more powerful than a volcano?

I am not trying to pretend like anyone could ever even estimate the pressure of water under that much ice...

It would be enough pressure to blow your face off however. Like a bullet but way grosser looking..... Maybe the water pressure blew them all up when it shot up? I am hoping its something like that as opposed to the alternatives...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Hundroid

I agree this is a WHOLE new topic. They are not responding...and well Kurt Russell is not there to save us from.

THE THING

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
They (the drilling team) read the 'net and just figured it would be funny to mess with us.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

It's not a new topic, mate:

A group of Russian scientists plumbing the frozen Antarctic in search of a lake buried in ice for tens of millions of years have failed to respond to increasingly anxious U.S. colleagues -- and as the days creep by, the fate of the team remains unknown. "No word from the ice for 5 days," Dr. John Priscu professor of Ecology at Montana State University, told FoxNews.com via email.

This is a snip from the article posted in the OP of the existing thread, exactly your same snip
edit on 3-2-2012 by Hundroid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Why does everyone assume the lake is filld with pressure? Isnt itt fresh water lake? Or just cause its been under ice for 10 mil years it has to have pressure? I dont think theres much pressure down there.. Its water.. Water and ice expand to its limits.. If theres water under ice, it reached its expansion..

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I suspect, they are not responding because ...

They're all very very full of celebratory Vodka.

They hit the mark and now they're celebrating.
No biggie.

What is up with all this fear mongering? Do you guys live every day of your lives like this?

OMG OMG OMG that car JUST changed lanes for NO reason!!!!!! OMG!!!

If I'm wrong, ah well. At least I'm relaxed about it.

What will be, will be.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

Cue Stargate Atlantis theme

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

It is a great way to start the day! *holds up coffee cup*

Got nuttin else to do

Spose I could go paint something,
but I think I am holding off on painting for a little while.lol

*sip*

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
They are a Russian research team. They may be under orders from their superiors to not communicate with anyone else.

IIRC, the U.S. kind of pushed their way into a joint project, after the fact. Could be just politics at play here.

I do hope they are OK though. I do hope we, the public, get the real story on this monumental discovery.

Des

edit on 3-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The travel window to that part of the world is quickly closing. What I want to know is what is the world doing in response to the missing scientists. Rescue mission, satellite fly-over drone fly-by etc etc.

That we have heard nothing from anyone mounting or participating in a rescue mission is flat out odd and curious. Five days gone with no answers is a long time with the level of today's technology. It is this that makes me wonder if something strange, mysterious, terrifying, shocking or world ending is happening.

That they are missing and no one is talking about an immediate rescue is what is out of the Sci-Fi movies.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
They are a Russian research team. They may be under orders from their superiors to not communicate with anyone else.

edit on 3-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

This make more sense than a lack of recuse mission. Which brings us to the question of; If they are not missing and just silent due to orders, just what is it are they being silent about?

Either way this is the best mystery I have found in all my time on ATS, following closely.

edit on 3-2-2012 by SkyMuerte because: speeeeling

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

So...we're drilling a hole...to an ancient lake very possibly containing unknown life forms...possibly bacteria of a never-before-seen nature...which could infect and zombify or otherwise unstabilize the human system...

Is this how the apocalypse begins?
edit on CFridayam020213f13America/Chicago03 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join