It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Economy unexpectedly gains 240k jobs in January!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The U.S. economy unexpectedly gains 240,000 jobs in January, 2012 while the unemployment rate drops to 8.3%.

Looks like Obama is quietly doing his job while his Republican counterparts are busy running off at the mouth at what's wrong with everything.

Economy showing strong sustained growth

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Looks like Obama is quietly doing his job while his Republican counterparts are busy running off at the mouth at what's wrong with everything.

Obama really doesn't have anything to do with any job creation. Obama, congress and the Republicans can talk a good game about job creation but higher employment numbers come from the demand by business' for labor.

Their policies may have an effect on business, but I don't see DC holding job fairs or doing the hiring.

Interesting read though, thanks.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
did you read the rest of that article? lulz

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
That's funny, because 367,000 new people filed for unemployment last week. Link

If you believe anything the Govt. tells you, I have some ocean front property in Colorado for sale.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
That's funny, because 367,000 new people filed for unemployment last week. Link

If you believe anything the Govt. tells you, I have some ocean front property in Colorado for sale.

not to mention once your benefits run out you are no longer counted as unemployed. must be nice for the gov to live in their imaginary world.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Those numbers are for the sheeple.......We HAVE NOT had job growth in the sense of dropping the unemployment rates.....How is this even possible?? Look for a "false-flag" event soon I'm sure.....The people are told everything is ok and we are growing in productive ways.....?? Then BAM!! Some type of disaster happens that takes our newly found growth
Weve seen it before, its simple psychology. Besides, it's 2012, TPTB arent going to let this year pass by without using the fear that has been generated by all the propaganda for it, to bring about calamity of unseen proportions......Job growth?? Right!! Save it for the "blind"!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
the fantasy employment gains are a result of the 'birth-death model' the Bureau Labor Statistics (BLS) uses

see, the BLS will not make an actual stastistical poll to actually count heads, count reports from Unions, or any other hard way to make an accurate, real time profile of a current workforce...

they use an abstraction model that is supposed to reflect in theory the actual status of the average worker
(or non-worker)

pretty much like the rigged numbers and factors which reflect the Consumer Price Index (CPI) figures or better known as Inflation... we all know that everything costs 20% more than just 12 months earlier, but government says that things only cost 3.5% more in the same year time frame.

President Øbama has diddle to do with the fake numbers, and is even less involved with bailing out the Main Street economy... the only thing his "shovel ready' stimulus shoveled was bales of bonuses to the Corporate Aristocracy

yeah, yeah... i know... the packaged retort -->> 'at least he's not a neo-con'
edit on 3-2-2012 by St Udio because: replace boring word

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
My main question regarding these 240,000 jobs, what is the average rate of pay? I truly would like to know what the average starting salary is. Anyone know where to find those figures? Personally, I really don’t believe these job gains; I feel it is the gov’t making the President look good during an election year. I do believe many have given up. If an unemployed person has children and has to pay for day care and gas to a minimum wage job, it is cheaper to stay home.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I'm gonna call a big fat Shinanigans on these job numbers. Nobody is gonna vote for Obama if unemployment stays at 9%. That's the only reason we're being told that the situation is improving. There aren't actually any more jobs than anyone expected. All totally made up. Not to mention that they just ignore the millions of people who have flat given up looking for work, so this is an illusion at best.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
Also this: Zero Hedge: 1.2 million people fall out of the labor force

Yeah! This could work out great for Obama.

Just think! If 1.2 million people fall out of the labor force every month until November then

he will get re-elected? Unlikely. The American people see the true unemployment rate.

----------
Truth be told according to government statistics if the same number of people were working

today that were working in 2007 then the unemployment rate would be 11%.

Translation: Team Obama is cooking the books.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Unfortunately I think he will win unless something drastic occurs. People are too hooked on the hopium to actually use their critical thinking.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Unfortunately I think he will win unless something drastic occurs. People are too hooked on the hopium to actually use their critical thinking.

Funny you should mention that.

February 9, 2012 is a critical date for Eric Holder & Obama.

Stay tuned........

I think the stonewalling on Fast & Furious will be coming to an end.

-------
It turns out fast & Furious was not an accident. Holder has blood on his hands.

Don't fall out of your chair.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

yes that is about right. going for self employment so dont get counted.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Don't fall out of your chair.

Funny you should say that, if you lean back to fast in the chair I am sitting it it will fall backwards. Keeps you on your toes

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Hopium… LMAO good one! You are so correct. Obama brainwashed a majority with hope and change, now they are brainwashing again with the current numbers showing the good times are back! That’s right, Obama has the country growing and thriving. Question is will the masses drink the Kool-Aid again?
Speaking of drastic, Rosanne Barr just announced a Green Party race for the POTUS seat.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
People who research the scrutinize the total figures are not surprised at all. They didn't take into account the thousands of bankers laid off and the fact of increasing number of demoralized long-term jobless.

Such data fabrication and media lies by US government are despicable.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion
People who research the scrutinize the total figures are not surprised at all. They didn't take into account the thousands of bankers laid off and the fact of increasing number of demoralized long-term jobless.

Such data fabrication and media lies by US government are despicable.

According to the CBO, even the bogus number will rise to 8.9% by November 6th 2012.

By the end of 2013, the unemployment number will be 9.2%.

--------
I also know at least 12 college graduates who are currently bartenders.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by Jaellma

Obama really doesn't have anything to do with any job creation.

Unless we are talking abut the world of political rhetoric, in which case everything bad is his fault.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I think when we see numbers like this, so many people out of work, it is easy to feel discouraged and even angry, but there are so many different factors working that it creates a distorted image. In my opinion these numbers could be significantly higher, but President Obama has done a good job not letting the recession completely tear apart our economy. More jobs will come with time, its the ebb and flow. Don't give up, there is still a little hope left in our system...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join