It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police watchdog probe into OAP car 'smash' claim

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Police watchdog probe into OAP car 'smash' claim

www.bbc.co.uk

Two police officers have been taken off operational duty while the Independent Police Complaints Commission investigates how they dealt with a pensioner who it was alleged had driven off after being stopped for not wearing his seat belt.

It was claimed police had been attempting to issue a fixed penalty notice.

There have been claims the 70-year-old driver's car window was smashed.

One officer is shown in police video footage hitting the window of Robert Whatley's Range Rover and another jumping on the bonnet to kick the windscreen.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
What has the police come to when they need to use such extreme physical force on an OAP for a driving misdemeanor as small as not wearing a seatbelt. Facsim ringing any bells? I seriously recommend watching the video on the souce website to see for yourself the stupidity of these officers.

I know that if i was in this OAP's situation I would have got out my car and gave those idiots a good old fashioned kick in the head, no matter the consequences.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I have just seen the video on the Beeb website.

They are a disgrace 3 police officers and 1 OAP you can even see in the video a guys pulls over and walks towards the police and they usher him away.

I wonder what punishment they will receive

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by judus

I wonder what punishment they will receive

A slap on the wrist and a desk job until the smoke settles. At least that's what he'd get if he were here in the states.

Seriously though, what is wrong with some cops these days, they go overkill on everything and they wonder why more and more people grow to not trust them.

IMHO, all cops should be given a yearly mental evaluation to determine if they're fit to perform their job without letting their emotions get carried away. There's just too many that have issues, and paired with a gun and badge is only a disaster waiting to happen.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Making police departments answer to a civilian oversight committee is the only thing that will rein in the police running amok. They cannot be trusted to police themselves. The fox should never guard the hen house.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Civilian oversight being the public at large. If there's a group of selected people doing it, someone will find a way to "persuade" that group to see things their way. Power corrupts. Absolute power...well, you know the rest.

new topics

top topics

join