It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deer Woman

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Did you miss the myths about the "White Buffalo" which were common with the plains Indians? It could alternately be seen as a "she," a comely lass as are most of the others myths that you referenced.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by all6ixes

please do share.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
One of the things that has perplexed me, and eluded me, is a strange phenomena that my Girlfriend told me about.
She refused to tell me the word, but supposedly there is a forbidden word among the natives here that when said, causes you to see strange black animals often. These animals will stare at you and follow you. I can't get anyone else to tell me more, and I have been trying to find the origin of this.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
first I have heard of this. It oculd be real or it could be just more Native American Folklore. Keep us posted if you find anything out.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Thought I saw the show on the internet.

Deer Woman

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Cool, thanks for posting.

I have both series on DVD and love them

Cheers

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
No problemo!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
It'd would be interesting to research if there were any deaths matching that description in Oklahoma.
edit on 6/6/2012 by jessasaurusreeex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Sounds like a plan. any idea how someone from out of state could go about that?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Sounds like a pretty cool being. I'd love to see one, too bad we cant.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Conceals

It would be interesting I'm sure.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I lived in Ponca City for a while, one night I was working,around 1am or so I went outside to get some fresh air. (Iwas mangager for King Louies Donnuts, on Main st.) It had been snowing, I looked down at the ground and I saw deer prints in the snow,I followed them for about 50 feet, and they changed into a footprint , and I thought that was strage, and at that moment I heard someone call my name. I went back to work becouse I was the only one there and I was open.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ranger111

Sounds like a pretty interesting experience. The change in tracks however sounds more indicative of possibly a skin walker. I have a thread about them on here too if you are interested. I really don't know if I should say too bad you got called back before you found anything else or say be glad that you did. Either way interesting story and thank you for sharing.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Nice information...

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The deer lady is real her name is Donna

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Sorry if this has already been said but there's a movie based this called Deer Woman by "masters of horror".

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FeelEEL
Not sure if it has but will be something to check out.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
My mother is from Ponca City. She has always told me about Deerwoman.

According to what I have been told, you could find Deerwoman at night, out on the Ponca Indian Reservation. She had the upper body of a beautiful Ponca Indian woman, but was a deer from the waist down. However, the Poncas didn't take too kindly to the local white kids tromping around drunk or stoned or whatever (this was in the early 70's) on their rez, and there was always a chance you would be found and get in trouble the locals.

My mother's story about her Deerwoman experience:

She and a couple of friends had driven out to the rez to try to see Deerwoman. My mom had a little VW Bug and they had driven out there. They were driving down the road, most likely scaring the crap out of themselves, when a pick-up truck with a bunch of Ponca Indians in it saw them, and proceeded to chase them while firing off a round or two from a shotgun. They chased them until my mom and her friends were off of reservation land.

My mom and her friends certainly were too terrified to go back, but not because of Deerwoman!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join