It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Mothers Protest Facebook Over The Right To Display Their Breasts.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
reply to post by spav5

I'm now going to eat my dinner with a blanket on my head, just to see hubby's "WTF are you doing?" face..

wait...you eat in the same room?
The hell is wrong with you woman?!! You think us men want to look at our woman with food particles all over their face, chewing like some cattle?!!

eat in the bathroom already! easier anyhow considering thats where your supposed to vomit it all up once your done.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernComfort
reply to post by SmArTbEaTz

All your examples are privately-owned enterprises with dress codes and rules and such. I'm talking about out in the street, at the park, or on the beach. Sure you could argue "public decency", but if this was the case then everyone would be all up in arms about the mini-dress fad and dudes wearing their pants below their waists.

I really don't care where in public... My view has not changed...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
No problem with udders. No opinion on them actually but throw a steak on the grill and I'm happy.

Hmmm What about if a calf or kid (the goat kind) was feeding on the udders? Would that be an issue?

Basically I'm asking is it just human breastfeeding/boobs in public, that you have an issue with?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Sorry, for a moment there I forgot my place..
I've only just been let back in from the shed you see.. Damn it was cold, the solitary must have messed with my poor feeble female brain.

edit on 3-2-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass
post removed by staff

This thread jumped the shark about midway through page 1
now its little more than point, counterdunce, lulz, random picture.

luckily its in general chit chat..aka, the nothing much to talk about section of ATS.

Anyhow, I am arguing a higher point of overall acceptability in humanity. You are discussing what you personally feel should be acceptable as if that mattered at all.

This has always been the classic divide between a liberal and conservative mindset. the overall picture verses their particular tree in the forest mindset. I argue the whole forest, you discuss your tree. neither is actually right or wrong, I can see your point though and encourage you to look at a broad picture also...can you see mine or are you limited to your own tree view...

how can I see both sides, yet some can only see one?
edit on Fri Feb 3 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Hmmm What about if a calf or kid (the goat kind) was feeding on the udders? Would that be an issue?

Never really thought about that so I would have to say "no", not an issue.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Don't friend mommies of babies.

They probably don't want you as a friend anyways. With your staring and boob fascination and hate for women and babies. They probably don't need your "friend" link on facebook.

Here we go again with the personal attacks from the uneducated...

I am a single dad and I have plenty of friends who are mothers. I have no boob fascination (more of a lips, butt and eyes guy), love women very, very much, and love my kids as well. So where are you at now? Lost or just without a logical thought?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I discreetly breastfed my babies everywhere. As someone else mentioned men will sometimes make a point of poking around to see what's happening. Little boys are the most curious.

I could see how the FB pics could be helpful to inexperienced moms. I was told I was going to have twins with my first. I wondered about positioning both babies and looked for photos. Sometimes all I could find was an artists rendition. Not exactly helpful depending on a woman's breast size some positions would work better than others.

As far as using the breast pump mine hurt and I hated it. My breasts simply wouldn't give it up to the pump like they would for the baby. It felt like I might pull something out besides milk. Nothing sexual at all we were a team helping each other through the process.

What I find disgusting is the list of ingredients on the cans of formula. Or try looking at some of the botched surgeries of women who tried/failed to make their breast more appealing to men. Lots of those pics on the net. Look at one of them then go to FB and view the healthy mothers breastfeeding happy babies. If you find you're more disgusted by the healthy women as opposed to the mutilated ones then you've got serious issues about the female anatomy. Instead of repressing women maybe you should go get some help asap.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Morningglory because: spelling

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Never really thought about that so I would have to say "no", not an issue.

OK.... so can't just be the milk issue then, there must be an actual human/woman/decency related issue.

Thanks.

That will be $5000 please.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

A single dad who hates women who might give babies the best start in life. Yep. Good stuff.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

No I don't eat with a blanket on my head captain obvious... I'm not a child sucking on my mom for food either...

I'm being lazy for not turning away, of which I have never witnessed this anyways... you have to be kidding me or perhaps your just being obnoxiousness and ignorant...

So we have established that you do not eat with blanket on your head..but you wish for those that you find offensive to eat with blanket on their head.

Yes, you are being lazy.

I am being sensible. Mother feeding child is normal and necessary..having the world bend to your preference is obnoxious.

Peace

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

The point is we are talking about Facebook. The sole purpose of posting photos on Facebook is to display yourself in hoping of receiving likes by people
Hence the like button. In this case breastfeeding is more of a personnel issue and doesn't need to looked at from a photo perspective and hoping to receive likes over it...If anything it is just showing off.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morningglory
I discreetly breastfed my babies everywhere. As someone else mentioned men will sometimes make a point of poking around to see what's happening. Little boys are the most curious.

I could see how the FB pics could be helpful to inexperienced moms. I was told I was going to have twins with my first. I wondered about positioning both babies and looked for photos. Sometimes all I could find was an artists rendition. Not exactly helpful depending on a woman's breast size some positions would work better than others.

As far as using the breast pump mine hurt and I hated it. My breasts simply wouldn't give it up to the pump like they would for the baby. It felt like I might pull something out besides milk. Nothing sexual at all we were a team helping each other through the process.

What I find disgusting is the list of ingredients on the cans of formula. Or try looking at some of the botched surgery's of women who tried/failed to make their breast more appealing to men. Lots of those pics on the net. Look at one of them then go to FB and view the healthy mothers breastfeeding happy babies. If you find you're more disgusted by the healthy women as opposed to the mutilated ones then you've got serious issues about the female anatomy. Instead of repressing women maybe you should go get some help asap.

No one is repressing anyone... If you can't understand that, you are the only who needs to seek help asap, not us... we just do not agree with it. We are not asking for anyone's head over it... Calm the hell down people...

Wow over 15 pages of repeating the same thing and people still don't get it. ~ These are people's opinions and NO ONE should be attacked because of their beliefs... Respect each other or join the other guy in the street...

Amazing...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

If people had any idea just how difficult it can be for new mothers to even get past the whole "but we have bottles" brigade, not to mention the whole learning to get a proper latch business - Perhaps folks wouldn't regard it as simply showing off...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

A single dad who hates women who might give babies the best start in life. Yep. Good stuff.

An uneducated person who can't read and understand simple concepts, or logical thinking... Way to go bud...

Try stating some facts, add to the discussion or leave...

BTW my kids are loved and their mom is my best friend... That's one of the best gifts a kid can have... I'd say excellent start in life... Not good stuff but DAMN GOOD STUFF

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Oh my, I thought this was a really radical thread about women being equal to men and that it was sexism and crimes against humanity to force them to cover up their chests, notwithstanding that modesty, and climate and even common sense might tell us to wear clothes. Because I can see both sides that I've posted, above but cannot agree with the choice to force women based on the minority citizen, male, deciding what qualifies as sexuality. At birth there are 52% men, that is nature compensating for boys being more aggressive and taking more risks, because by 20 there are 52% female and that increases over time.

However instead this is about nursing. Well, sorry. I don't think they had any right to censor those photos. I used a shawl, but nursed everywhere even at the mall or restaurants or beaches. However this is natural and beautiful.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

having the world bend to your preference is obnoxious.

Peace

LOL... You have me blend to yours though right? What is telling people they need to turn their head doing?

Thanks for making my point though...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz

having the world bend to your preference is obnoxious.

Peace

LOL... You have me blend to yours though right? What is telling people they need to turn their head doing?

Thanks for making my point though...

No I am allowing you to look..or not look.

Peace

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join