It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dance of the Spirits. Real Time Aurora footage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
This always amazes me.. I hope one day I could see it myself...

This is incredible, real time footage of the Northern Lights, Aurora Borealis filmed on January 24th during the peak of a Solar Storm. This is not time-lapse, this is how the Northern Lights really can dance and move across the sky. The colours are true as well. We even captured a shooting star at 02:30. Shot with a Sony PMW-F3 using a 2 frame slow shutter. I'll upload a higher quality version when I am back home on Feb 2nd. I only have very limited Internet up here in Northern Norway.

Aurora HD

This picture says more then thousand words so watch and enjoy this.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
that is really cool to look at. is that what the northern lights look like every time they are out? if so i think i want to move some where i can see them.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NISMOALTI

It's very beautiful , but I always ask myself why the green color always seems to dominate?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
the composition and density of the atmosphere and the altitude of the aurora determine the possible light emissions. the two main colors emitted from the aurora are red and green. the red is a dark red that is at the limit of what the human eye can see.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NISMOALTI

Thought it would have something to do with a color prism, but that doesn't work that way..Thanks

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Man that's beautiful.

Imagine if our skies were lit up like that every night.

edit on 3-2-2012 by Realm52 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
SO amazing. I would love to see this in person.

Here is another link - it has the original video but also one from NASA with a view of the aura from space.

Aurora Borealis from Space

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

That would be something, But as everything is , you will get used to it...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by NISMOALTI
that is really cool to look at. is that what the northern lights look like every time they are out? if so i think i want to move some where i can see them.

I have seen them, its like its raining rainbows....truly a wonder

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
reply to post by Realm52

That would be something, But as everything is , you will get used to it...

wow what a buzz kill. Tell me the truth, be honest, do you get tired of looking up at the moon, the stars, feeling the warm sun in the morning, the feeling of clean air in your nose. The sound of the Pacific crashing on the shore.

edit on 3-2-2012 by rebellender because: couldn't do it

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

No I think not, ya you could consider this the same, I never experienced it for real but looking at it , I should ask someone from that region how they experience this and how many times a year this happens? and if it ever get boring?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

edit on 3-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

top topics

join