It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellow Number 5, Worse situation than FLUORIDE - its in more places than you think, without reason

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
i have noticed this for a very long time.

shampoo, conditioner, pizza, chocolate, almost EVERYTHING.

contains yellow 5.

read the ingredient labels and be surprised.

sometimes it only shows up as "artificial color(s)" as if to be intentionally vague.

i have heard Yellow 5 is supposed to be bad for "boy parts"

the thing that bothers me the most is that it seems to me as if the ingredient Y5 is being pushed into products that don't even need it, products that aren't even yellow or slightly tan.

i have used and seen so many shampoo and conditioner labels showing the product contained Yellow 5

sometimes yellow 10, or 6, depending on what you find.

the shampoo/conditioner was 100% white or clear 8 times out of ten, and had absolutely no business with adding yellow 5.

M&ms have it because yellow + red = orange

yellow + blue = green.

and yellow = yellow.

its in the ingredients. ok sure thats fine, they are colored like that.

then i find other chocolates that have yellow 5 in them just for the sake of including it, even though they are 100% brown, and adding yellow 5 wouldn't make it look more appealing.

there's alot of products i find it in, and i just don't like it.

i even called a company once (chewing gum) the gum was totally white and had yellow 5 in it.

i was like: "if its white, you guys don't need to add it, you would save money!"

they were like: "sure no problem thanks for that info"

never saw the gum again, never looked for it. it tasted ok but whatever....

Alright people, discuss, and be more aware of the presence of Yellow 5 in 99% of every product you use.

im serious people its worse than fluoride.

im concerned for my health, and the health of all my human bros and sisters out there.

ATS, i guess its time for everyone to start putting together a list of the things the GOV seems to want to keep in our bodies all the time

1. Fluoride
2. Yellow 5

got anymore to add to the list?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

seriously people, i can NOT insist enough, read the ingredients of everything you buy and you will be confused.

i haven't seen a thread mentioning this on ATS yet ( been lurking forever )

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
If you think that is significant you would have spotted something that i did ages ago. However i cant at the moment decide whether or not its for the good or bad as to why it is being added.

I am talking about Gold and the number in reference E175.

You will be surprised. A simple google search.
link to quote

A naturally occurring, dense, lustrous, yellow precious metal widespread in low concentrations in all igneous rocks. Its abundance in the Earth's crust is estimated at about 0.005 parts per million. Four countries, South Africa, Russia, the United States, and Australia, account for two-thirds of the gold produced annually throughout the world, (South Africa, with its vast Witwatersrand mines, produces about one-third of the world's gold) with Canada and Brazil also having substantial deposits. There are numerous methods of recovery depending on the type of deposit. As a food additive it is used solely for external decoration where it can be found on chocolate confectionery, in the covering of dragées and the decoration of sugar-coated flour confectionery. Chemically, gold is very inactive and therefore virtually harmless, however as there is no dietary requirement it is probably best avoided. Not permitted in Australia.

Tell me this, why would Gold be added, what would be the benefits, and who would benefit......ultimately?

Gold

However the significance in Gold in relation to electronics is an eye opener given the mind control conspiracies that are here on ATS......wouldnt it enable certain individuals to whats the word?........manipulate?

The concentration of free electrons in gold metal is 5.90×1022 cm−3. Gold is highly conductive to electricity, and has been used for electrical wiring in some high-energy applications (only silver and copper are more conductive per volume, but gold has the advantage of corrosion resistance). For example, gold electrical wires were used during some of the Manhattan Project's atomic experiments, but large high current silver wires were used in the calutron isotope separator magnets in the project. Though gold is attacked by free chlorine, its good conductivity and general resistance to oxidation and corrosion in other environments (including resistance to non-chlorinated acids) has led to its widespread industrial use in the electronic era as a thin layer coating electrical connectors of all kinds, thereby ensuring good connection. For example, gold is used in the connectors of the more expensive electronics cables, such as audio, video and USB cables. The benefit of using gold over other connector metals such as tin in these applications is highly debated. Gold connectors are often criticized by audio-visual experts as unnecessary for most consumers and seen as simply a marketing ploy. However, the use of gold in other applications in electronic sliding contacts in highly humid or corrosive atmospheres, and in use for contacts with a very high failure cost (certain computers, communications equipment, spacecraft, jet aircraft engines) remains very common.[31] Besides sliding electrical contacts, gold is also used in electrical contacts because of its resistance to corrosion, electrical conductivity, ductility and lack of toxicity.[32] Switch contacts are generally subjected to more intense corrosion stress than are sliding contacts. Fine gold wires are used to connect semiconductor devices to their packages through a process known as wire bonding.

A thread that may explain what i am talking about.
My connection contains a couple of interesting links.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

while hopefully not derailing the thread lol, could you give me a summary of what you mean?

whats the most important thing you want to tell me?

also, YELLOW 5 its everywhere ahhhhhhh

why isn't this thread getting more reply's i want people to be aware!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's banned here where i am, but guess maybe it's used as a cheap filler? Here it seems like Carrageenan is in just about everything, and pretty sure that saves the food producers a lot of money!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by iamdavid

i notice carageenan alot as well.

what the fruit is that stuff anyway?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Hello, Soy. I've done very little research (as in not more than 15 minuets ago) into Yellow Dye #5, or Tartrazine if you're feeling scientific. My findings are actually surprising, but considering my only source is Wikipedia they might all mean jack...
SOURCE
Some excerpts from said source:

Tartrazine appears to cause the most allergic and intolerance reactions of all the azo dyes, particularly among asthmatics and those with an aspirin intolerance.[5] Symptoms from tartrazine sensitivity can occur by either ingestion or cutaneous exposure to a substance containing tartrazine.[citation needed] A variety of immunologic responses have been attributed to tartrazine ingestion, including anxiety, migraines, clinical depression, blurred vision, itching, general weakness, heatwaves, feeling of suffocation, purple skin patches, and sleep disturbance.[6] Certain people who are exposed to the dye experience symptoms of tartrazine sensitivity even at extremely small doses, some for periods up to 72 hours after exposure.[citation needed] In children, asthma attacks and hives have been claimed, as well as supposed links to thyroid tumors, chromosomal damage, and hyperactivity
Along with:

Research in mammals ---Tartrazine has a noticeable effect on the behavior of young mice.[13][14] Tartrazine inflamed the stomach lining (increased the number of lymphocytes and eosinophils) of rats when given in the diet for a prolonged time.[15] Tartrazine adversely affects and alters biochemical markers in vital organs, e.g., liver and kidney, not only at higher doses, but also at low doses
And this:

On September 6, 2007, the British Food Standards Agency revised advice on certain artificial food additives, including tartrazine. Professor Jim Stevenson from Southampton University, and author of the report, said: "This has been a major study investigating an important area of research. The results suggest that consumption of certain mixtures of artificial food colours and sodium benzoate preservative are associated with increases in hyperactive behaviour in children. "However, parents should not think that simply taking these additives out of food will prevent hyperactive disorders. We know that many other influences are at work but this at least is one a child can avoid."
So, Not entirely harmless is Yellow dye #5/Tartrazine it would seem..
---------------EDIT------------------
I've also heard that Yellow dye #5 is bad for males in particular. Specifically their sperm counts. This is a myth surrounding Mountain Dew (as it contains Yellow #5). The scare started when some noticed that after drinking Mountain Dew their pee turns a dark yellow. And after a significant consumption the sperm of males turned a tinge on the yellow side as well. This started the huge urban legend that it was a type of spermicide. You can imagine the drawbacks this caused in the high school population..
Source
edit on 3-2-2012 by Inquisitive1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2012 by Inquisitive1 because: I typo-ed...

new topics

top topics

join