It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deja Vu? I swear the same story made the rounds about Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Daily Mail the fear mongers choice of news paper.

The media seems to be beating the war drums and in my view at a glance it seems like conflict is pretty close now.

However, when I think about it I'm not sure I can see America wanting to get involved in a brand new war in election year. Also what with all the talk about the Falklands I'm starting to think that the UK may not want to get to involved till that's sorted so who knows.

My guess is that unless Iran actually attacks anyone or if they are made out to have attacked someone nothing will happen this year.

The wild card is Israel and whilst I know many consider it likely they will launch their own strikes against Iran I'm not to sure they will.

In closing does anyone agree that perhaps the Falklands is being planned behind the scenes to ensure that Iran can be put on the back burner till next year?

Enjoy

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Hope_for_reason

However, when I think about it I'm not sure I can see America wanting to get involved in a brand new war in election year.

Did you ever think that the idea of war may change how the public votes?

Ahhhhh.....

There you go.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Hope_for_reason

Yeahhh war usually keeps a pres in office..

May be the other reason you're gettin some Iraq deja vu
edit on 3-2-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Its all getting closer to kicking off,

And your right about the Deja vu, its the same model over and over again

Israel has some agenda, but I think the US are driving this one - they have more to gain from the resources and strategic advantage that comes with occupying the territory.

This is all just the first moves (or mid moves!) of the upcoming (or current) resource war - not every country can prosper, not under the current system, it is built to accumulate wealth and power in the hands of the few.

Argentina can sense the upcoming chaos, and as is custom it seems in times of crisis, is making moves to seize disputed territory while the time is ripe (and the UK is over stretched).

I have said this before, I will say it again - if an attack on Iran looks imminent, please do all you can to protest.

And refuse to fight if drafted in the future

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Fair enough I'm not an American but I was under the impression that the bulk of the country was against another war. So starting a huge conflict could be seen to be an election winner? Man I just dont get politics!!

I get the impression in the UK that there would be some major protests if we went to war with Iran....just like with Iraq the last time and they proved what a great example of democracy the UK is!!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
The reason you think you have heard this before is because..... YOU HAVE!!!

Also from the Daily Mail

Saddam Hussein's armoury of chemical weapons is on standby for use within 45 minutes, Tony Blair's dossier revealed today. The Iraqi leader has 20 missiles which could reach British military bases in Cyprus, as well as Israel and Nato members Greece and Turkey. He has also been seeking to buy uranium from Africa for use in nuclear weapons. Those are the key charges in a 14-point "dossier of death" finally published by the Government today. In an introduction, Mr Blair says that the evidence leaves Britain and the international community no choice but to act.

Source

I find the article linked in the OP to be further evidence that the war propaganda is now in full swing. Along with the article linked in the OP, you have the US saying that Israel will "more than likely" strike Iran by Spring. Last month you had Michelle Bachmann claiming Iran would have a nuclear weapon in "a couple months" and she even went so far as to say that Iran has threatened the US, which we all know is false.

So as far as I am concerned it is just more War Propaganda. The Superpowers are making their case in the court of Public Opinion and once they feel they have enough support to pull it off (using fear of course), we wioll see a strike on Iran.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I agree with you for the most part but I'm still unsure of the time frame, if you had of asked me 6 months ago I would have thought that 2012 would be the year. Now I'm not so sure....Iran and the west will go to war I just wonder if it could actually still be a few years down the line.

Either way the propaganda is in full swing and I guess if it is shoved in peoples faces enough it will happen.

The paranoid part of me feels that a false flag event would be the ideal starters gun for the grand event...I guess anything is possible these days.

Anyway lets hope everyone makes up and becomes friends, we could all be doing much more productive things on this planet.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
IMO the only way they can justify war is if Iran 'attacks' one of the US ships in the region, or something else to that effect where there is loss of life to western civillians/military personnel.

Would be a false flag instigated by the west of course but the question is when. Many people have said it'll happen by May but who knows?

I cant see where the Falklands fits into it all. The Argies alway pipe up every once in a while about the islands but usually goes no where. The UK would win again if it came to a full on conflict IMO, stretched or not. They have vast experience in fighting wars, especially overseas.

Don't forget Syria also, although i cant see there being official American boots on the ground, there will be a western presence behind the scenes moving the revolution along, just like Libya.

new topics

top topics

join