It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentinians protest arrival of Prince Williams on Malvinas

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by paganini

Originally posted by staticarium

The only thing that is pathetic here is your silly ,key board warrior, overly patriotic ,chest beating. Yes how mighty your government is not being able to get over the fact it no longer possesses the kingdom it once had and now has regressed to practically placing a union jacks on a floating duck turds and claiming it as their own.

This manner of thinking is just the British version of the "American pig" behavior and you should be ashamed of yourself for this.
edit on 3-2-2012 by paganini because: (no reason given)

Really? Feel free to tell someone who cares. You are the weak minded pacifist.
edit on 3-2-2012 by staticarium because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Ape
I wasn't going to post anything on this thread, but I couldn't resist.. I've been to the Falklands and South Georgia.. nothing but peat bogs and sheep, oh and lots of Penguins.

I know what awaits any Argie aggressor and they would not win, it is as simple as that..
And no I can't tell you due to a lil thingie I signed called "The Official secrets Act"

And as for all the Brit bashing here, I put it down to Empire Envy. These two from the USA know that their country will never have an empire the size my tiny... teeny.. tiny Island had for nearly 500 years.. The biggest and Greatest empire in the history of humanity.

Peace..

Rock Ape

This is as silly as saying you're merely stating this because you're resentful of the Americans giving England the boot out of the new world.

I dont see why this cant be discussed with out it turning into a argument over whos country is better. Its a simple topic that doesnt have to regress into bigotry though its amusing how quick some of you resorted to this

There is no argument, England is the greatest nation to have ever existed, to ever exist and that will ever exist in human history. England will still be the greatest nation long after the new pretenders have all financially imploded.

Paganini sounds like an Italian name, so in a few hours you'll be supporting full scale war to defend our islands then?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

The only thing that is pathetic here is your silly ,key board warrior, overly patriotic ,chest beating. Yes how mighty your government is not being able to get over the fact it no longer possesses the kingdom it once had and now has regressed to practically placing a union jacks on a floating duck turds and claiming it as their own.

This manner of thinking is just the British version of the "American pig" behavior and you should be ashamed of yourself for this.

Really? Feel free to tell someone who cares. You are the weak minded pacifist.

You obviously care given you rushed in here with a response that was clearly guided by an immense amount of emotion . The Ops post wasnt even condemning the british's actions in the malvinas but right away you got defensive and went on with the whole overly patriotic shtick..

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by paganini

I totally agree with you.. I'm a Soldier, well ex soldier and any soldier will tell you no matter which country he's from, that we don't like Physical or verbal attacks on our respective lands.. And as a result we respond in kind.

It's like a kneejerk reaction, it's only when you look back, you think "Actually i was blowing my own trumpet a bit there" even tho it's all true..

What annoys me, is I actually really like Americans, perobably one of the few that do.

Peace

Rock Ape

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by morf991

These Argies are just asking for us to crush them again. What a sickening people.

Quotes like this make me pissed. Have you ever been in Argentina? Do you even know were that is?

Guess what......... England is Imperialistic. And I would most certainly head over to Argentina to help them if another war erupts against "the British".

Thats Argentinian land..... Very much far removed from English "sovereignty".

How is it Argentine land?

You should have spent more time in history lessons instead of making yourself look foolish on forums. That land is not Argentine, it was never owned by them.

Educate yourself.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I wasn't going to post anything on this thread, but I couldn't resist.. I've been to the Falklands and South Georgia.. nothing but peat bogs and sheep, oh and lots of Penguins.

I know what awaits any Argie aggressor and they would not win, it is as simple as that..
And no I can't tell you due to a lil thingie I signed called "The Official secrets Act"

And as for all the Brit bashing here, I put it down to Empire Envy. These two from the USA know that their country will never have an empire the size my tiny... teeny.. tiny Island had for nearly 500 years.. The biggest and Greatest empire in the history of humanity.

Peace..

Rock Ape

This is as silly as saying you're merely stating this because you're resentful of the Americans giving England the boot out of the new world.

I dont see why this cant be discussed with out it turning into a argument over whos country is better. Its a simple topic that doesnt have to regress into bigotry though its amusing how quick some of you resorted to this

There is no argument, England is the greatest nation to have ever existed, to ever exist and that will ever exist in human history. England will still be the greatest nation long after the new pretenders have all financially imploded.

Paganini sounds like an Italian name, so in a few hours you'll be supporting full scale war to defend our islands then?

I dunno The Kingdom of Redonda kind of has the claim to being the greatest country ever.
www.cracked.com...

Paganini was a famous Italian violinist btw.The handle has nothing to do with my Ethnicity/nationality.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I totally agree with you.. I'm a Soldier, well ex soldier and any soldier will tell you no matter which country he's from, that we don't like Physical or verbal attacks on our respective lands.. And as a result we respond in kind.

It's like a kneejerk reaction, it's only when you look back, you think "Actually i was blowing my own trumpet a bit there" even tho it's all true..

What annoys me, is I actually really like Americans, perobably one of the few that do.

Peace

Rock Ape

Im sure we have all felt like this at one point in time. It is rather easy for emotion to cloud ones judgement when a person feels like their country and by extent themselves are being unfairly criticized. But per usual we must realize we have much in common and should leave trivial bickering aside

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

its the fawklands not the mavinas,really gets on my tits.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376

*Falklands.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I don't see why people are getting their panties in a bunch over the name

"The Spanish name, Islas Malvinas,[6] is derived from the French name,[7] Îles Malouines, named by Louis Antoine de Bougainville in 1764 after the first known settlers, mariners and fishermen from the Breton port of Saint-Malo in France."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

"The Spanish name, Islas Malvinas,[6] is derived from the French name,[7] Îles Malouines, named by Louis Antoine de Bougainville in 1764 after the first known settlers, mariners and fishermen from the Breton port of Saint-Malo in France."

en.wikipedia.org...

Because the islands are called The Falklands, not "Las Malvinas" or whatever name the Argentine aggressors are attempting to force upon the community of BRITISH people living there.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
A royal is sent to do his lawful duty as an air/sea rescue pilot in the FALKLAND islands so those silly argies start rioting and damaging their own buildings in their own country??.... And the Darwin award for stupidity goes too.............. Argentina!

Stupider still is the delusion that they think they can take us on...

Two Astute class nuclear armed subs parked off the coast with standing orders to turn the argies to shadows if they try says otherwise.

Maybe Darwin had a point hey?
edit on 3-2-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Because the islands are called The Falklands, not "Las Malvinas" or whatever name the Argentine aggressors are attempting to force upon the community of BRITISH people living there.

One can call it the peoples republic of top ramen if they wish. Point being people like you are using the name to argue that the "big bad" is being aggressive when the name doesnt even derive from the language spoken by Argentinians its a variation of a french name.
and they have likely been calling it las malvinas since the 1700s. No reason to change it now.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

One can call it the peoples republic of top ramen if they wish. Point being people like you are using the name to argue that the "big bad" is being aggressive when the name doesnt even derive from the language spoken by Argentinians its a variation of a french name.
and they have likely been calling it las malvinas since the 1700s. No reason to change it now.

I doubt it highly, since Argentina didn't exist in the 1700's. The islands are British and they are called the Falklands, whatever the Argentinians call them is totally irrelevant. I now consider this matter closed.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

I doubt it highly, since Argentina didn't exist in the 1700's. The islands are British and they are called the Falklands, whatever the Argentinians call them is totally irrelevant. I now consider this matter closed.

Yes the name for the land mass didn't exist but the Spanish already penetrated it in the 1500s and started to colonize the country heavily from then on. The french found the region and named it and the Spanish carried on a variation of the name.

Though it seems difficult for you to grasp its quite simple. Its there language and they are going to um well.. ...address the island accordingly

Stop me if I'm confusing you.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

The type 25 frigate that we are sending out is THE most advanced ship in the world, during recent exercises with our American friends they asked for us to turn off the defensive capabilities of said ship as they couldn't beat it and it was skewing the results the wrong way. Lets face it if the Yanks are asking us to turn it off the rest of the worls doesnt stand a chance against it

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Yes the name for the land mass didn't exist but the Spanish already penetrated it in the 1500s and started to colonize the country heavily from then on. The french found the region and named it and the Spanish carried on a variation of the name.

Though it seems difficult for you to grasp its quite simple. Its there language and they are going to um well.....address the island accordingly

Stop me if I am confusing you...

Their language is irrelevant, their history is irrelevant, their naming conventions are irrelevant,

THE FALKLAND ISLANDS ARE BRITISH, THE ONLY NAME OF THESE ISLANDS ARE FALKLANDS, THE ISLANDS ARE NOT, I REPEAT, NOT CALLED "LAS MALVINAS" OR ANY OTHER VARIATION.

If you still have problems understanding this, let me know and I will make some simple diagrams.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Though it seems difficult for you to grasp its quite simple. Its there language and they are going to um well.....address the island accordingly

Stop me if I am confusing you...

Their language is irrelevant, their history is irrelevant, their naming conventions are irrelevant,

THE FALKLAND ISLANDS ARE BRITISH, THE ONLY NAME OF THESE ISLANDS ARE FALKLANDS, THE ISLANDS ARE NOT, I REPEAT, NOT CALLED "LAS MALVINAS" OR ANY OTHER VARIATION.

If you still have problems understanding this, let me know and I will make some simple diagrams.

Yes its called the Falklands To English speakers and las mavinas to the Spanish speaking peoples inhabiting the region.

You are aware people call a sole thing various names in a different language right?:lol And making a big deal out of this just proves how petty you and others are being..

You know The french call England "Angleterre?" OH MY GOD THE HORROR THEY MUST BE AGAINST YOU.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

You know The french call England "Angleterre?" OH MY GOD THE HORROR THEY MUST BE AGAINST YOU.

If you are trying to prove your point (which I agree with btw) then do not use those bloody frenchies to do it as even my English eyes are twitching at that statement!!!

Yes them frenchies ARE against us! Who do you think supplied the missiles to destroy some of our ships during the Falklands war?? Yeah, those damn frenchies!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join