It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentinians protest arrival of Prince Williams on Malvinas

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

apparently the monroe doctrine is out the window on this one. the united states is supposed to stand up to any european power meddling in the new world

You really should do some research.

The Monroe Doctrine was an agreement between the USA and the UK to prevent further Spanish and French expansionism and interference in the recently independant American nations.

The US had to rely on The Royal Navy to enforce the policy.

As The Falklands had already long been a UK Territory and as such was never covered by The Monroe Doctrine.

And as The Monroe Doctrine is just that, a doctrine, it has no legitimacy whatsoever in International Law.
It is a policy, that's it.

And you do understand the irony of the doctrine don't you?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by morf991

Guess what......... England is Imperialistic. And I would most certainly head over to Argentina to help them if another war erupts against "the British".

Thats Argentinian land..... Very much far removed from English "sovereignty".

Do you understand the the Right to Self-Determination?

Do you agree with it?

The Falklands have NEVER been Argentinian.
The people who have lived there for quite some time now wish to remain British, as is their inalienable right, and as long as they wish to do so then we will protect that right.

Not that it will come to military conflict, but if it does then feel free to offer support....but I'd make sure your affairs are in order as I'm afraid there'd be a distinct possibility it would be the last thing you ever did.
A resounding UK victory would be guaranteed.

I sincerely hope it never comes to that and that no-one pays the ultimate price.....especially not to feed politicians ego's on a forelorn hope.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are a total cock.

I really couldn't agree more.

He is a disgrace to ATS and some good members have been banned for far less than what he does.

I've never wanted to see anyone banned but his constant trawling of ATS to post nothing but anti-UK hatred, bigotry and downright blatant lies truly disgusts me.

If ever there was a person from ATS I'd love to meet in real life it's him.

But apparently it's ok to spout his hatred of the UK, heaven forbid if someone was to be so openly hateful about any other nation and it's people.

Hope I don't sound like a whinging Pom....cos I most certainly aren't.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

what you britishers are so thin skinned? You didn't mind mass murdering in poor third world nations.Even today you do it.

so you don't like the facts?
edit on 3-2-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

USA and UK are two sides of the same coin.The faster the world gets rid of both of you,the faster peace will prevail.

British and american empire are one and the same.

edit on 3-2-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Let's make this absolutely clear so that there can be no further confusion on the matter:

- The Falklands are British, they always have been, they always will be.
- To the moron posting about how we couldn't retake them if they were invaded, even with the cuts to our defences, we still have double or triple the amount of resources available to us, and our gear is far more modern and efficient, in comparison to the rustbucket soviet/US ensemble they could ever pull together.
- We still have the ability to reduce Argentina to just a miserable little memory from the past without leaving our own ports, a fact we need to be using to keep these people quiet.
- Anyone who has ever posted or read a UK thread will inevitably have come across Ludwigvonmises003 and mkgandhas, I strongly believe they are the same person posting from two accounts, something I have previously brought up with the moderators to no avail
edit on 3-2-2012 by staticarium because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by staticarium
Let's make this absolutely clear so that there can be no further confusion on the matter:

- To the moron posting about how we couldn't retake them if they were invaded, even with the cuts to our defences, we still have double or triple the amount of resources available to us, and our gear is far more modern and efficient, in comparison to the rustbucket soviet/US ensemble they could ever pull together.
- We still have the ability to reduce Argentina to just a miserable little memory from the past without leaving our own ports, a fact we need to be using to keep these people quiet.

The US imperial empire is much more powerful than British isles.Plus it will be combined forces of Latin America.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
God these threads are boring, same old story, chest beating and Brit hating make for a tired recipe for a thread.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas

The US imperial empire is much more powerful than British isles.Plus it will be combined forces of Latin America.

In your dreams, they can't even afford to pay their teachers and soldiers they are so broke, let alone fight a major war with an enemy who isn't an impoverished 15 year old.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I just knew there'd be a thread on this...

Well I think we (England) are being provocative..... BUT the Argies are also being provocative and just wont leave the people and island alone.

Blocking routes, stopping flights... clubbing together to cause misery to the islanders.

These Islands are not Argentinian and have nothing to do with them.

The whole thing is ridiculous man.... neither side are behaving properly or decently.
But I'm not exactly against protecting British people from threats and attacks either.... Argentina are ramping up hostilities and we have obliged by doing exactly the same.

Kinda tit for tat.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
I just knew there'd be a thread on this...

Well I think we (England) are being provocative..... BUT the Argies are also being provocative and just wont leave the people and island alone.

Blocking routes, stopping flights... clubbing together to cause misery to the islanders.

These Islands are not Argentinian and have nothing to do with them.

The whole thing is ridiculous man.... neither side are behaving properly or decently.
But I'm not exactly against protecting British people from threats and attacks either.... Argentina are ramping up hostilities and we have obliged by doing exactly the same.

Kinda tit for tat.

How are WE being provocative in any way? Sending a member of our armed forces to serve a tour of duty on our territory is perfectly legal. The only provocation here is from Argieland, they are the ones continually trying to impose themselves on a tiny community of people who choose to be British. They are the ones kicking up a fuss and threatening livelihoods through trade embargoes and other nonsense. It's time we took this matter far more seriously than we are. Some Trident test launches in the South Atlantic should make it very clear who is in charge.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas

USA and UK are two sides of the same coin.The faster the world gets rid of both of you,the faster peace will prevail.

I know making sweeping, generalised statements makes you feel better, but it makes everyone else feel far worse / angrier / disappointed.

The fact (the thing we apparently cant handle) that you are supporting the world 'getting rid' of the US and UK (suggesting genocide or some other culling of people based on their ethnic or georgraphical position) actually makes you a hypocrite. Congratulations!

The facts of this matter - that Argentina has no formal claim to the Falklands - that Britain is a superior military and political power to Argentina and most of South America - have already been established.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by staticarium

I'm trying to look at it objectively and not just side with "us".... sending William and sending a Warship and so on.. near to the anniversary and just after they (argies) started all their little games... is definitely provocative.. or perhaps a better way to put it would be "taking the bait"

They have no chance in winning any conflict, they know that and are just being assholes.
They are playing little games and mind games and we're responding in kind.

We should be the bigger country and just ignore it.

If something happens, then act.

They wouldn't dare I don't think.

Anyway, not getting drawn into this,just wanted to say my piece.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

In all honesty i regret being reduced to that route. Quite simply i have reached exasperation with him. In future, i am simply going to try and ignore any future posts he makes - even if they are brilliant and insightful (highly unlikely), im afraid he has ruined himself for me to take seriously.

Until something happens that actually matters there, i think i am also going to avoid threads on the Falklands as they are so pointless now.

At the end of the day, we have no idea who we are conversing with through our computers. For all we know, Ludwig may be retarded so i will also refrain from further insults aimed at him!

edit on 3-2-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I don't see how we are being unreasonable.

Despite having no legal, historic or moral responsibility to do so the UK offered Argentina a full and equal share in the oil development in The Falkland Islands.
This included building a large oil refinery on the Argentinian mainland.

This would have generated a much needed boost to the Argentinian economy, raised Argentinian profile on the world stage and greatly improved relationships between Argentina and the UK and the Islanders themselves.
With increased interaction and dependency on each other who knows where that may have led to in a generation or so?

But Kirchner dismissed the offer outright.
She then arrogantly dismissed the Islanders inalienable Right to Self-Determination as they were not 'aboriginal' people.

Kirchner is acting in her own interests to help bolster her international reputation whilst ignoring what are the best interests of the Argentinian people who again are being sold down the river.
I feel genuine empathy for the Argentinian people.

Cameron maybe voicing all the correct sound bites for the British people at present but I don't trust him one little bit.
If it suited him and his masters he would sell the Islanders out at the drop of a hat.
But it would be political suicide if he did so, far too many people remember '82 and their would be an uproar like never seen before.

And besides which, there is far too much oil and other mineral wealth down there for TPTB to give up just yet.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

The only thing that is pathetic here is your silly ,key board warrior, overly patriotic ,chest beating. Yes how mighty your government is not being able to get over the fact it no longer possesses the kingdom it once had and now has regressed to practically placing a union jacks on a floating duck turds and claiming it as their own.

This manner of thinking is just the British version of the "American pig" behavior and you should be ashamed of yourself for this.
edit on 3-2-2012 by paganini because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

what you britishers are so thin skinned? You didn't mind mass murdering in poor third world nations.Even today you do it.

Not thin skinned at all, quite the opposite...just don't like hypocrisy and double standards.

Imagine the outcry if I advocated nuking India and / or Pakistan and the genocide of all Indians and Pakistani's.....I'd be banned almost immediately.....but it's ok to say that about British / English.

As I said, hypocisy and double standards.

so you don't like the facts?

I love facts.
Shame you haven't posted any yet.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I wasn't going to post anything on this thread, but I couldn't resist.. I've been to the Falklands and South Georgia.. nothing but peat bogs and sheep, oh and lots of Penguins.

I know what awaits any Argie aggressor and they would not win, it is as simple as that..
And no I can't tell you due to a lil thingie I signed called "The Official secrets Act"

And as for all the Brit bashing here, I put it down to Empire Envy. These two from the USA know that their country will never have an empire the size my tiny... teeny.. tiny Island had for nearly 500 years.. The biggest and Greatest empire in the history of humanity.

Peace..

Rock Ape

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I have been at the same neighborhood than then argentinians all my life, and I can say only one thing. They're like the small dog barking to the big one. ALWAYS.
And as all we know, a dog that barks, doesn't bite.

Argentinian people is like that. They're always trying to show themselves cooler than they actually are. In every aspect, from trying to hang out with somebody to football and now... politics.

Sadly we have good bilateral relationships now and our president is an idiot, so maybe we're going to join sides with them... BUT at least common people here still don't love argies completely, we love Prince William because he has been here in the south and he's such a lovely guy, and people of my country LOVES lovely famous people, more if they're from some monarchy

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Ape
I wasn't going to post anything on this thread, but I couldn't resist.. I've been to the Falklands and South Georgia.. nothing but peat bogs and sheep, oh and lots of Penguins.

I know what awaits any Argie aggressor and they would not win, it is as simple as that..
And no I can't tell you due to a lil thingie I signed called "The Official secrets Act"

And as for all the Brit bashing here, I put it down to Empire Envy. These two from the USA know that their country will never have an empire the size my tiny... teeny.. tiny Island had for nearly 500 years.. The biggest and Greatest empire in the history of humanity.

Peace..

Rock Ape

This is as silly as saying you're merely stating this because you're resentful of the Americans giving England the boot out of the new world.

I dont see why this cant be discussed with out it turning into a argument over whos country is better. Its a simple topic that doesnt have to regress into bigotry though its amusing how quick some of you resorted to this

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join