It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentinians protest arrival of Prince Williams on Malvinas

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Argintineans protest arrival of Prince Williams on Malvinas

Demonstrators take to the streets of Argentina's capital to protest the arrival of Britain's Prince William on the Malvinas (Falkland) Islands.

Hundreds of angry protesters gathered in front of the HSBC Bank branch in the capital Buenos Aires on Thursday, throwing objects at British bank to show their fury at Prince's presence on the archipelago.

Earlier in the day, a group calling itself Quebracho, also staged a march in the city and demanded that their government cut trade links with Britain.

Esteche Fernando, the leader of the group, accused the UK of "imperialism," saying, "This sort of reigniting of the Malvinas dispute is more about hiding the financial crisis and economic suffering."

www.presstv.ir...

Britain's Duke of Cambridge arrived in Malvinas Islands for a six-week deployment as a Royal Air Force search and rescue pilot.

The Argentineans are upset because the prince came in a military uniform of a "conqueror", although he is doing work as a S&R pilot. whats the big deal. The dispute is no more enhanced or retarded by his presence, uniform or not. He is not going to negotiate what his government already resolved.

I dont get why the Argentinean government allowed a group of bandits to cause damage to a bank. I dont care about the bank, but that situation could easily erupt into a full blown riot.

I would not condone it by not scorning those actions. What ever the position the government or the people take.
edit on Sun Feb 5 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: spelling in title

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by casenately

Who is Prince Williams?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

The Duke of Cambridge as of 29 April 2011.

Prince William, Duke of Cambridge KG (William Arthur Philip Louis; born 21 June 1982), is the elder son of Charles, Prince of Wales, and Diana, Princess of Wales, and third eldest grandchild of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. He is second in the line of succession, behind his father, to the thrones of sixteen independent sovereign states known as the Commonwealth realms

wiki

edit on 3-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
These Argies are just asking for us to crush them again. What a sickening people.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by casenately
reply to post by amongus

Prince William, Duke of Cambridge KG (William Arthur Philip Louis; born 21 June 1982), is the elder son of Charles, Prince of Wales, and Diana, Princess of Wales, and third eldest grandchild of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. He is second in the line of succession, behind his father, to the thrones of sixteen independent sovereign states known as the Commonwealth realms

wiki

Then you might want to check your own spelling in your thread title.

Just sayin.

I thought prince williamS was someone I hadn't heard about.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

reply to post by amongus

wiki

Then you might want to check your own spelling in your thread title.

Just sayin.

I thought prince williamS was someone I hadn't heard about.

Exactly, I have no idea why OP refers to the "Falklands" as "Malvinas". They will never, ever have a Spanish name over them ever.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
because unlike the english and american government, argentinians are loyal to their citizens and will certainly not fire on or harm a fellow argentinian to prevent them from trashing a foreign bank.

the riot would have happened if they did turn on them.

prince william is a tool anyways. i don't know why they care for that rock full of sheep anyways. let england fly supplies, it's their colony.

apparently the monroe doctrine is out the window on this one. the united states is supposed to stand up to any european power meddling in the new world.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by staticarium
These Argies are just asking for us to crush them again. What a sickening people.

Quotes like this make me pissed. Have you ever been in Argentina? Do you even know were that is?

Guess what......... England is Imperialistic. And I would most certainly head over to Argentina to help them if another war erupts against "the British".

Thats Argentinian land..... Very much far removed from English "sovereignty".

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

reply to post by amongus

wiki

He is only a man. Those titles mean nothing to the Malvinas.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by staticarium

It is the articles name. Since I didn't write it I will be faithful to what was put there. You call it whatever you want. I´ll just pass along the info as it is.

read the article. google who is prince williams for yourself. dont be so lazy.
add something too. dont just pop in to say you call it something else.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by morf991
Quotes like this make me pissed. Have you ever been in Argentina? Do you even know were that is?

Awww diddums, does it make you pissed? Aww!

Nope, never been to Argentina, hopefully never will, but I do know where it is.

Guess what......... England is Imperialistic. And I would most certainly head over to Argentina to help them if another war erupts against "the British".

What, you mean in the same way that the US is imperialistic? Hopefully we will all head over to Iran to help them if you attack them for no reason, mind you, I'm not sure they are scared. All it takes is men with box cutters to screw your pathetic, filthy country over.

Thats Argentinian land..... Very much far removed from English "sovereignty".

Give the Natives back the land you viciously and cruelly drove them from, then you can give the Hawaiians back their nation, then you can give Cuba back their land that you have held, and you can release the Japanese from the military occupation you have held them under for over 60 years.

Otherwise, if you wanna have a fight with us, bring it you silly American't fool.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by morf991

Yes I agree and also England is the biggest mass murderer in history.USA can invoke the monroe doctrine to free falklands from brit oppression.

edit on 3-2-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
reply to post by morf991

Yes I agree and also England is the biggest mass murderer in history.USA can invoke the monroe doctrine to free falklands from brit oppression.

Tell me where Britain is on this list:-

en.wikipedia.org...

Fool

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

check my previous posts.Britain mass murdered hundreds of millions with estimates of upto 1.8 billion .

Falklands,Scotland and Ireland will be liberated soon.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

reply to post by alldaylong

check my previous posts.Britain mass murdered hundreds of millions with estimates of upto 1.8 billion .

Falklands,Scotland and Ireland will be liberated soon.

I don't give a # to what you say. I go on researched FACTS not made up bull# by Anti-British demagogue's like you. So i will ask you again........where is Britain on that list?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

reply to post by morf991

so lets say hypothetically that the USA turns up and evicts the british down to the last person and ships them back to blighty then guess who owns the island the US of A so the declarations useless and with that much oil underneath it theres no way the Americans will just hand it over so just accept that unless you can defeat the Americans you'll never get the island any which way

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
You know the silliest thing about the whole falklands/malvinas fiasco?
After the Junta was deposed and Argentina moved towards a more democratic society, lots of peoples attitudes towards Argentine claims over the islands softened. If they really want them back, I'd say drop the belligerence and they'd soon find many in favour of their rule.

It's a pity that they can't see past the macho bull# so often the favoured position of those who don't have to actually do the fighting should it come to that.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by staticarium

In the event of war erupting, this post will be remembered - and we will all be expecting a piccy of your flight ticket to Buenos Aires!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

Hate to say this fella, but just cos you say it, doesnt make it true!

I know its easy to spout off about a country you've probably never been to, but keep in mind that almost any dominant power in the history of civilisation has made itself dominant through...thats right....domination.

Now that doesn't make it right - but i'm guessing that makes it human nature. so jump off your highhorse and get real.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Please read a bit more about the Monroe Doctrine and what it actually entailed. This myth is debunked so often now it is becoming almost a daily occurrence.

However, for your benefit (if you have never read it) the Munroe Doctrine is not international law, has no legal basis, and even if this was immediately recognised as a law, under its own terms would not be applicable in the case of the Falkland Islands as they were existing territory.

As for Prince William, i do not get why the objections are so strong. He is not and never will be a combat pilot - he is a search and rescue pilot. Frankly, you would have though that in that part of the world they would be grateful for anyone who is prepared to risk life and limb saving people from the South Atlantic!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join