It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiny Crab Unintentionally Makes Awesome Sand Art

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Somewhere in those concentric circles are the keys to all the mysteries of the universe.

Plus, crabs.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

There is a place I visit in Northern Queensland, Australia called Mission Beach which has around a 14km stretch of beach filled with thousands upon thousands of these sand bubbler crabs and their beautiful artwork.

It's almost impossible not to walk on these little balls at the tide mark, kinda makes me sad when I do, but then I think, the tide washes them away anyway. And they're back at the very next low tide to do their masterpieces all over again.

Feels really good under the feet though. Kinda like those maseur sandals.

edit on 3/2/2012 by Netties Hermit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think unintentional is incorrect. The crab most certain intends to make that design. Now, the fact that we, as humans, view it as art is the unintentional act, I would say. The crab's intentions are clear, work in a radiant sequence, balling up the sand and leaving it like a bread crumb trail to keep track of where not to look again.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
we must learn to be more like animals

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
It's Leonardo da vinci reincarnated, he was looking at a sea shell and tried to make a copy. Maybe next time try giving the little fella a paint brush..

Thanks for shareing this op.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Looks to me like the crab was trying to make a nice picture of his friend sea turtle until someone so rudely found him and interrupted his work. Oh well, he got 3/4 of the way done..

edit on 3-2-2012 by Stumpjumper because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Look more like a demon with a long tongue ears and a horn/pointy hat. the 2 black circles would be the eyes.

edit on 3-2-2012 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Holycrab maybe those crop circles are not man made after all.......

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I love crabs :3

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

Maybe that tiny Crab intentionally Makes Awesome Sand Art.... It could be doing it on purpose.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Looks like an alien sand circle. Perhaps the crab was out late one night while they other crabs were sleeping and made this sand circle to fool the rest into believe there are alien crabs that created this circle.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Radial arrangements are not natural, but rather, simply efficient.

Think of it like this. Animals are symmetrical because then all you need is a genetic mirror command. But with radial, you only really need a single slither of code, then apply a genetic array command, and it just copy pastes around a circle.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
the crab wonted to do it.
do you have any idea how boring it is for a crab.
and some art critic comes along and says it is a accident.
I feel so sorry for the crab.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Can you prove it was unintentional

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Busy as crabs? I wonder how much sand by volume or weight they filter in a life time? Or how clean the beaches wouldn't be without them? Do they absorb only organics? Little cleaners.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Nazca lines = Giant bubbler grabs. It's all unintentional! Finally an answer, whew, that one almost had me stumped.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Busy as crabs? I wonder how much sand by volume or weight they filter in a life time? Or how clean the beaches wouldn't be without them? Do they absorb only organics? Little cleaners.

How long would it take for evolution to produce ocean life that consumes and recycles the plastic trash pile that humans have discarded into the oceans and that have formed into the Great Atlantic and Pacific Trash Islands?

How many more Albatrosses will die from confusing this plastic trash for food, before some other little critter finally finds a way of disposing of it, by finding a nutritional value in it and #ting it out into another organic form?

I think we need some rather large plastic-eating, floating crabs to do what these micro-heros are doing here in the sand!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starling

Originally posted by intrptr

How long would it take for evolution to produce ocean life that consumes and recycles the plastic trash pile that humans have discarded into the oceans and that have formed into the Great Atlantic and Pacific Trash Islands?

How many more Albatrosses will die from confusing this plastic trash for food, before some other little critter finally finds a way of disposing of it, by finding a nutritional value in it and #ting it out into another organic form?

I think we need some rather large plastic-eating, floating crabs to do what these micro-heros are doing here in the sand!

/
You mean this gizmodo.com... ?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It is so fascinating that they make a perfect sphere their own body size so fast and so precise and quickly put it back behind them all the while. Imagine making concentric circles without any measuring tools and just facing your back to you construction materials. These little creatures are Gods gift to the world so that we may worship our lord, the most high, the most merciful, the all knowing.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It's really kind of disgusting to watch.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join