It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Teen Illness Grows in Upstate NY, More Cases Reported

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Sour ce

LeROY, N.Y. -- The mystery illness now producing Tourette’s-like symptoms in a more than a dozen girls from upstate New York is also affecting a 36-year-old who is experiencing the same tics as the teens.

Nurse practitioner Marge Fitzsimmons, who has spent her whole life in LeRoy, N.Y., lives just a few miles from the school the teens attend.

“It started out with sudden head jerks in the middle of October,” Fitzsimmons told NBC News, the tics occasionally interfering with her ability to talk.

It got so bad she had to leave her job working with developmentally disabled patients until the tics subside.

“The motor tics wouldn't stop, and the vocal tics started, and I went to one of the bosses and said I have to go.”

There is a video on the source site.

So what's going on here, not only do we have teenagers affected by this mysterious case, but now it is spreading to older people? Wow, this is some crazy stuff....if real.

I'm not saying the girl is faking at all but even if it is a 1% possibility, it's still a possibility.

As for the mass hysteria diagnosis, well anyone with half of a brain can see that it is just a polite way for them to say they have no idea what the hell is going on...

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Im a guy and one state under them and just started having minor tics and twitchs over the last couple months to the point where other people ask about them. Don't know if its related just throwing it out there first time i've heard about this.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

New Jersey or Pennsylvania? and where? If this is spreading people need as much info as is possible.

ETA: Plus, I live in Pennsylvania. I'd like to know if you are located close to my vicinity.
edit on 2-2-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Pennsylvania, a little bit out of Philadelphia.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
hmmmm.... i've had tics/twitches for the past 8-10 years, nothing major, just a random couple times a day type thing.....nothing new. live in the midwest

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
sometimes i have random tics when im grabbing something its weird though.

its like my head is fighting with my body.

chemtrailssssssssssssssss dun dun DUNNNN

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88
Im a guy and one state under them and just started having minor tics and twitchs over the last couple months to the point where other people ask about them. Don't know if its related just throwing it out there first time i've heard about this.

How about taking some responsibility for yourself and those that surround you, and go get yourself checked out.

I'm not going to even pretend to start throwing around diagnosis', rather I will just simply state that you should take action now. Especially if others have taken notice. Could be something as simple as a stimulant in which you have began introducing to your body... either way. If it just started developing, it's going to be easier to identify what is contributing or responsible for it.

man... i tell ya, some people...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

That's odd. I'm very much closer to LeRoy than you and I've never encountered or have heard of any abnormal behavior and I have two school aged children. I feel more comfortable now. If you had been in or around my area I would have been more alarmed. thanks for the reply.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Im not clueless, Im epileptic I just put the twitchs down to a side effect of that. If it got serious I would know when to take myself to the doctors was just there anyways.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Odd that she is just now coming out about it considering she hasn't been back to work in six months, (because of the the disease) and this has been all over the news. I wonder how many more people will have to be come ill for someone to really inspect the area and get some answers.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
You guys know this is the vaccine right? The new world order illuminati prescribed because everyone had their damn heads in the sand and every damn federal agency got infiltrated by this group now they do whatever they want vaccines......

Just incase you hadnt heard :/

Edit: ooh wait the media lied and said it wasnt the vaccine. Now are we going to ignore the hoards of scientific studies that show the vaccines do cause this? or the mainstream media mind control network.

The choice is yours
edit on 3-2-2012 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I live about 40 minutes from LeRoy and have been following the story closely, I also know someone who lives there who has seen at least one of these teens suffering from the tics. These symptoms are very real and it is appalling that anyone would think they are pretending or that it is "conversion disorder" just to help sweep it under the rug. It is also scarey that now there is someone older from outside of the school with the same symptoms. There are also the two girls who visited LeRoy but live in Albany who are also sick.

The EPA is sending more water samples to be tested next month. It seems more and more like they are suspecting an environmental link but are not coming out and saying it.

EPA to Conduct More Water Sampling in LeRoy Next Month
edit on 3-2-2012 by CINY8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mandrakerealmz

If you read the article it says the EPA has been there at least since 1999. EPA routine maintenance acordingly says there is quite a bit of ground contamination and they don't quite know how bad. Apparently Lehigh Valley Railroad in 2006 took over the investigation and engineering work to clean it up. It could be something they are using with the clean up.

According to a 1999 Environmental Protection Agency report, approximately 35,000 gallons of TCE (trichloroethene) contaminated the area near the derailment.
advertisement

The EPA has been doing "routine maintenance" on the train derailment site in LeRoy, but said in a statement it “appears unrelated to the illness.”

There is a good possibility that it has something to do with this. All the victims were born after the train wreck and it could be a birth defect that is now surfacing due to some other factor such as a reaction to a vaccine.

I am curious to know if these kids parents lived there during the train wreck and how many other children born there have parents that did as well.
edit on 3-2-2012 by IncognitoGhostman because: (no reason given)

top topics

join