It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood: New Scandal Brewing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
With an ongoing Congressional investigation and a “decision” by the “Susan G. Komen for the Cure” to stop funding to Planned Parenthood ($600,000 annually) I think we need to take a closer look.

Is there a financial corruption conspiracy at the bottom of the hole ?
Who would be the hidden masters ?

It seems that a few of Komen’s top executives have already resigned or are threatening to resign because of the decision to cut funding money !!

Susan G. Komen Top Officials Resign As Backlash Gains Steam

Planned Parenthood is under Federal investigation for various financial issues:

What's the status of the congressional investigation of Planned Parenthood?

Susan G. Komen for the Cure’s decision to pull funding from Planned Parenthood was based on the fact that Planned Parenthood is under congressional investigation and Komen has a newly adopted policy of not awarding funds to any organization that’s being investigated by local, state or federal authorities, Komen spokeswoman Leslie Aun told the Associated Press.

The congressional inquiry was launched in September by Rep. Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.) to determine, among other things, whether Planned Parenthood has used public money to fund abortions. Although Planned Parenthood receives federal money, that money can't be used to provide abortions.
Komen, Planned Parenthood and Congress: What's the status?

“As Chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee’s Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations, I am leading a formal investigation into taxpayer funding of [color=gold]Planned Parenthood, which receives over $1 million a day in taxpayer money. Repeated cases of Planned Parenthood ignoring state and local reporting requirements, many involving minors, and allegations of financial abuse led to this investigation – the first ever oversight conducted on this group. We are still working with Planned Parenthood on getting the records and documents for the investigation, and I’m interested in holding a hearing depending on what the investigation discovers.”

They may have quit too soon !

New York mayor Michael Bloomberg has entered the controversy over America's largest breast cancer advocacy group's cut in funding to Planned Parenthood by vowing to make up $250,000 of the missing funds out of his own pocket.

A furious row raged this week over a decision by Susan G Komen for the Cure, the group behind the Pink Ribbon campaign, to cut its long-term funding for a Planned Parenthood project to screen disadvantaged women for breast cancer.
Bloomberg offers $250,000 to Planned Parenthood to make up funds shortfall

If all these well intentioned services are causing all this hoopla, then there certainly must be some hidden agendas somewhere.

If those fine people at Komen are quitting and heading for the hills so fast, then there certainly must be some hidden agendas over there too.

If these good people are so concerned about the medical service, then why make such a big ruckus over some funding ?

It must be the investigations that are turning up some skullduggery maybe ?

This may be another intellectual boondoggle in the making.

I wonder if all the resigning “officials” are acting on advice from Lawyers, Accountants and Tax Attorneys.
Same goes for the Planned Parenthood “officials”.

I wonder what financial criminal activities will turn up out of nowhere.
Will they be prosecuted this time ?

I wonder what the Girl Scouts are thinking today ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No wonder Nancy Pelosi has been “talking it up” this week

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Dear xuenchen,

I went and read the article at Huffington Post and found people's reactions amazing. Susan G. Komen for the Cure is a charity that is dedicated to breast cancer and not to pregnancy issues. They have the right to partner with any organization that they feel helps their cause and set the criteria. They don't need a reason to not fund Planned Parenthood anymore than they need a reason to not fund me personally. One response said that they were denying poor women breast exams, huh, that is what they fund and they are not the government, it is a charity, it is not a requirement.

Mr. Bloomberg was particularly amusing with his comment that politics should not play a part in women's healthcare. This is his expert media spin on playing to the masses. The answer is simple all Mr. Bloomberg has to do as mayor of New York is open up clinics that provide breast exams for women and provide abortions rather than tell charities that it is he who decides which organizations they should partner with. What if the Susan Gl Komen for the Cure organization had supported groups that were pro-life and decided to stop, would he still feel the same? People who support Planned Parenthood contribute to it and should, it is not the responsibility of other organizations to fund them they have their own fund raising activities.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Good Observations.

We shall see if the real "exposures" come into the light.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I find it hilarious that the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation won't fund
PP because their under investigation. The Susan G Komen Foundation is a
travesty. A scam. And they are the ones who should be under
investigation. Maybe with all of the attention this is getting, they'll
finally be exposed for what they truly are. Another mad dog that needs
to be put down.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

This is what happens right before it sinks...
Rats flee the ship.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Not really all that hard to figure out really. Planned Parenthood is under investigation created by one Republican senator. They also have to provide a complete audit year in and year out to Congress, because of certain services that they provide. The Susan Komen Foundation hires to their board a former Georgia Gubernatorial candidate who has publicly stated her mission in life was to destroy Planned Parenthood. A standard is changed Planned Parenthood loses funding for breast cancer screenings. Yet Penn State under investigation for child abuse still gets a 7million+ grant. Not a conspiracy its a flat out attack and unfortunately SKF will probably be dead in 5 years.

new topics

top topics

join