It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught this outside just now

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Here you clearly see that the lights from the ground (street lights/house lights) are blurred...just like the light in the sky

next you see a comparison of the object in the OP to a known source taken from
HERE

other examples...

HERE

HERE

im sure i can find more if need be....

see how the bottom part of the OPs and the examples are a single blurred light, while on top are dots of lights....
edit on February 3rd 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Maybe I missed it, but a meteor went streaking through the sky Wednesday evening. It was seen in at least 2 States (Oklahoma and Texas) roughly around 8PM.

Some reports say it was a greenish blue color, some saw it as an orange color. Some reported a sonic boom with it as well.

And sadly I missed it. I would have loved to have seen it.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
in all fairness, the lights of the buildings are blurry because they are out of focus... the light in question is streaking... no doubt there is error on my part. but its not like the foreground building on the top right is streaky...whatever it was, it wasnt a typical plane...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
in all fairness, the lights of the buildings are blurry because they are out of focus... the light in question is streaking... no doubt there is error on my part. but its not like the foreground building on the top right is streaky...whatever it was, it wasnt a typical plane...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

that is because the object in the sky is probably moving...causing the blurr & streaking....
while the lights on the ground are stationary....causing blurr...

edit on February 3rd 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I have to comment on the dark green sky........I watch the ISS cam often, and when it goes into orbital sunset, it used to be black (like you would think space would be) However, a few months ago, I noticed that it was no longer black....but green........and it was still that way the last time I looked....the same color green as your photo. I almost started a thread on it, because it is so odd. Anyway....just thought I would mention that.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Are you saying the sky looks dark green? If so, I can tell you it was a normal tint of black last night.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Not much to go on from your description or the picture but the colors are very reminescent of those seen from LEDs. Mounting LEDs on RC aircraft is becoming quite popular

man i'm so going to get one of those

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I guess I really need glasses
It looks dark green to me. I still wonder why it's green on the ISS cam....just a thought....could it have been a bolide?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Is that a picture you took? Definitely looks green there, but different from my pic

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

actually it looks like a crazy meteor.. or a ufo flying past a light

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

No, I didn't take that pic, just got it off the internet. One of the characteristics of them is a green hue and they are very bright. Do you think it could be one of these?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Honestly, no. There was none of that going on.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This maybe off subject post a tad.

However for the past 4 nights I have seen this strange light in the sky. It is in perpetual color change. So fast its looks like a planes lights. I thought it was a plane. but after standing there for five mins, it hadnt moved. It doesnt move, even when the moon has moved the light is still there. Ive never seen it before until this weekend. I also found a sight that had mentioned people seeing this light up and down the east coast. its always to the right of the moon in the early even i guess below it somewhat depending on y our location. Anyone else seen this? Ive also seen several moving "stars" lately. Either way that picture is hard to make out but i dont doubt you at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join