It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught this outside just now

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

any way i can just make it a picture on the thread instead of a link?

Right click on your image.

"Save as..." to a folder of our choice, use a folder and name you easily remember.

Go to "TOOLS" on the menu bar on ATS, just under the banner adverts.

Open the "ATS uploads" link.

Upload the image form where it is saved on your hard drive,by following the instructions.

Oh, and I saw it.....I am reminded by your description of something entering the atmosphere, such as a meteor or space debris...but, the trail in your photo is very short. Was it moving fast, to your eye?

edit on Thu 2 February 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Not much to go on from your description or the picture but the colors are very reminescent of those seen from LEDs. Mounting LEDs on RC aircraft is becoming quite popular.

any way anyone can figure out how big the craft is based on my picture? if it is determined to be tiny, it may be what phage is talking about... but my gut, and thats all, tells me it was bigger

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the picture but as you know it could be most anything but it was interesting people always want pics and when you give them pics they want videos you just cant win on this subject but i bet it was a pretty sight.. Keep looking towards the sky and taking pics..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Sorry man, the photo you provided is shaky and out of focus. It honestly could be anything in the sky, even a plane. But you know what you saw, not us.

link   

Not really. That's a problem with lights in the sky. There really is no way to tell how large they are, far away they are, or how fast they are moving.

link   
oh i know. i dont mind being flamed. it really doesnt concern me. especially since im not purporting this to be evidence of alien life. just thought it was different from anything ive seen before. and living near nellis and area 51, ive seen some things... lol

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Interesting...does seem to be systematic lights though....at least from the picture!

What is a systematic light...I don't really know that either...just seems to have a nice identifiable formation!

I really don't know and can't tell from this pic...but it is interesting!

edit on 2-2-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish614
Sorry man, the photo you provided is shaky and out of focus. It honestly could be anything in the sky, even a plane. But you know what you saw, not us.

not sure how shaky is too shaky, but nothing else is having blurry lined effects. just the moving object

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

You can right click the image on ATS... and save it to your desktop... then enlarge... I did this with gimp...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

and thoughts??

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Was this photo taken behind glass, ie a window? It looks kind of like strip or tube lighting. Just an observation.
ETA Just trying to remove the possibility that it is a reflection like we sometimes see here.
edit on 2/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

no it wasnt. it was taken on my patio

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Was it the shape that is depicted in the photo? It looks like slow shutter speed on a moving object leaving a trail. Was it elongated like that in the sky or was it a smaller, more circular shape?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

and thoughts??

I'm trying to clean up and improve the image... I'll continue to work on it and try to enlarge it greatly... be back soon.. I hope

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deebz

Was it the shape that is depicted in the photo? It looks like slow shutter speed on a moving object leaving a trail. Was it elongated like that in the sky or was it a smaller, more circular shape?

Couldnt really depict a shape to it to be honest. There wasnt any shutter tricks or anything. Simply took it with my HTC sensation camera phone not zoomed it at all.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCurmudgeon

and thoughts??

I'm trying to clean up and improve the image... I'll continue to work on it and try to enlarge it greatly... be back soon.. I hope

Id love to know.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

and thoughts??

The image cannot be cleaned up...
Not to be Debbi Downer....but the image shows motion blur...therefore, there is nothing to clean up.
Trust me...im in photoshop all day, every day

also, enlarging it will just end up distoring it more....

but thanks OP for sharing
at least you had a cam with you!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

ya know green, i remember you when you were just a wee ole' wittle member. look at ya now!!!

im sorry it streaked a little. i did my best knowing i had literally 5 seconds to get the picture off before it just became a story. but i was hoping that others had seen the same streaks in helicopters or planes to discount thats what they were... Because I can tel you, it made literally no noise, I think we all know a chopper makes some kinda noise, even far away

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Because of the size limitations of a file I can upload to ATS I can't get the last resize and adjusted photo to post... but, if you right click my photo and save it to your desk top then you can click the + to enlarge it and the photo becomes quite interesting...
There area surround the ufo is discolored and strange looking... not pixlated... just strange, puddling? molting?... I'm not really sure..
The main area of light itself, when you enlarge it 400% or more appears as if the 'light' is coming off in some sort of waves??? as if the camera caught pulsations... like ripples in water as a reaction to something being tossed in... see if you can see what I'm saying...
I'll continue to work on it... but I don't have anywhere to upload it the image to, any suggestions as I don't belong to imageshack or anything like that...

edit on 2-2-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Added two words to improve the post

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Because of the size limitations of a file I can upload to ATS I can't get the last resize and adjusted photo to post... but, if you right click my photo and save it to your desk top then you can click the + to enlarge it and the photo becomes quite interesting...
There area surround the ufo is discolored and strange looking... not pixlated... just strange... and the craft itself when you enlarge it 400% or more appears as if the 'light' is coming off in some sort of waves??? as if the camera caught pulsations... like ripples in water as a reaction to something being tossed in... see if you can see what I'm saying...
I'll continue to work on it... but I don't have anywhere to upload it the image to, any suggestions as I don't belong to imageshack or anything like that...

im obviously not the person to ask about how to upload it.. but from what i take.. you seem to have caught something even i didn't, correct? ID love to see what you were able to find. It does feel kinda nice to know I may have caught something really out of the ordinary. Especially because Id like to think I have seen cool things, but not picture worthy... Watching red flag at area 51 for instance

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join