It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens were actually Time Travelers. [TJWC]

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lance_covel

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane

Originally posted by jaden_x
Sounds too Terranova inspired.
Cool story, but does't it take 2 stable time machines in two separate places in time to create a link?

No it doesn't require two stable time machines.

We actually do it using a Telekinetic system developed for the great war in 2345.

Actually the great war occurred from 2320-2343. The treaty was signed in 2344, and restructuring took place from mid 2344-2361.

I only added this to see what kind of input would be contributed. I love it when a group of people design a short story, it always seems to take the mind spinning!
edit on 3-2-2012 by lance_covel because: (no reason given)

If you are interested, we could start our own TT novel. The SuperMod for this forum is masqua, and he is super-flexible when starting a new Opera, there's a dragon one going on right now, but I'm more in the TT paradox mood now. I'd be willing to dedicate some time if others were as well.

(Note: An Opera is a new term denoting a group of forum members contributing to the same topic along a theme. It's basically a writing team that assembles, writes in concert, and the gestalt develops the theme to the story. Space Operas are the de-facto standard, but the genre has expanded to include all fictional elements of writing since then. Medieval scenarios are becoming more popular. IMO, a TT Opera would be twisted beyond belief, but if five people are interested, I'm sure masqua would help us out. Any takers?)

edit on 2/3/12 by Druid42 because: forgot ending )

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

I write all the time. Yes, a book is in the works. 35 chapters of related material.

E-book format? Aye?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by buddha

I write all the time. Yes, a book is in the works. 35 chapters of related material.

E-book format? Aye?

Hey thats awesome man congrats.

can i ask what an average word count is for a novel you write?

Also i entered my short story any tips or critique would be appreciated. cheers.
edit on 3-2-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Time traveler, you should recheck the polarity of your neutron flow because in this orientation of the exceptional Lie Group E8 generating our UV bound multiverse domain, our sun lacks sufficient mass to go supernova.

Your temporal displacement may be correct, but you have arrived in the wrong condensed phase space of the multiverse.

WRONG UNIVERSE...DUDE!

Best of luck on your next try.

[Grabs coat and heads into TARDIS]

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Hmm, I've never done a word count on my whole collection. Lots of archives to dig through, spanning years.

I'll look for your entry and give you my honest advice. Okay?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NEMOats

I realized that once I saw your post. The TTP appreciates your diligence in spotting time anomalies. I'll send in a commendation for you. We need more observant citizens like you.

(Note: The TTP denotes the Time Travel Patrol, a neutral entity not affiliated with any society or government agency. It is funded by the UN, and has several offices across the globe. TTP is a non-profit organization.)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Great story. As I began writing mine, I noticed too many parrellels, so I scrapped it.

If the contest is based on flag count, then everyone else can pack there bags, because we got a winner!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I'd definetely be in interested. Been meaning to dip my toes in the writer's forum for a while now.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Great short story!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by lance_covel

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane

Originally posted by jaden_x
Sounds too Terranova inspired.
Cool story, but does't it take 2 stable time machines in two separate places in time to create a link?

No it doesn't require two stable time machines.

We actually do it using a Telekinetic system developed for the great war in 2345.

Actually the great war occurred from 2320-2343. The treaty was signed in 2344, and restructuring took place from mid 2344-2361.
***snip***

Yes you are partly right. Clearly you haven't been home for a while.

The treaty of 2344 was before Major Bloodnok went back to "tighten up a few threads". The treaty was not to everybodys liking (as you would know since the riots lasted for several years) and a few of us managed to sneak back and adjust a few events.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

great read and i think this is a good theory
in many ways
and dont forget there is some truth in all stories
star and flag as i have some ideas that have
similarities to what you call a short story

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

time travel is one of my theories on some ufo cases
as in its our race watching history take place
kind of thing and the ufo is just a window into
our timeline

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

and our sun is about to supernova

Stopped reading there.

Our sun doesn't have the mass to go supernova.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
not bad, a couple more pages with a story line making it more realistic would be good too. A billion years in the future isn't believable for internet..lol. Also "tachyon" field isn't either. To main stream. I would come up with some cool new words, maybe based on real physics and theory

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I think your story was really good and i think you should consider working on a more lengthy full version and try to get published, you never know! Sci-fi has made a huge comeback in recent years and there's money in it to boot.

You seem yo be an aspiring writer as i am, if so good luck with that my friend and the ATS contest too,
flag for you!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ssupp

It's a short story entry into a writing contest, and if it can, it will. It'll go brown dwarf first, the helium collapsing and compressing, turning into hydrogen, then suddenly, with the extra mass from the hydrogen, fission galore, as our star consumes all the excess fuel, and burst into a radius ten times it's normal size. Mercury, Earth and Venus are consumed by the expansion, and the gravitational thrust moves Jupiter and Saturn out of orbit. Supernova in a nutshell, due in 3 billion plus or minus a few years.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I wouldn't say they ae time travelers, but they themselves have been here a very long time.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Actually, WE are the ancient aliens.

We came from elsewhere long time ago, Earth is a very new planet.

The human race is spread out all over the galaxies.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join