It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens were actually Time Travelers. [TJWC]

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+58 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Before I begin, I ask you to certify within yourself what you already believe to be true. Ok. You know what you believe. Hold THAT to yourself as I continue to write, and you continue to read.

Time Travelers ALWAYS talk in the first person. Read all the entries so far. This entry differs not. Why?

WHY?

Frustration aside, I realized long ago why we do this, and must continue the format. A first person Time Travel story.

The parameters were nuzzled in after the OP for this contest, and I realized a few tweaks I could send back with this message. Our technology in the future was able to reconstruct the primitive English language, and I found a hack to send this message back to your time. According to our records, it is February 2nd, the year 2012, and the Groundhog has seen his shadow this year.

You should be reading this message in your own time frame. I have no way to check calibration, but feedback from the Tachyon Field tells me it was transmitted. My current year is 6 billion years from now, and our sun is about to supernova, so I am sending a message back to your timeline, without authorization, with hopes that you won't make the same mistakes we did. We are sending 8 colonies back to the year 10,000 BCE, in order to re-populate the earth. We've studied the historical records, piecing together a gap in the records from the impact of the comet Berznay X-2156, and the gaps from 40000 to 800000 CE. We use a different timeline now, but it doesn't translate well.

The purpose of this message is two-fold, and it is not authorized for me to send, yet I am doing so with the insight of what is about to occur in my present age. I have already hit the send button, so I remain both a Pariah and a Heretic.

One: Don't believe the past. We are sending colonies back with bio-degradable tools, and after a few centuries, they will have to re-build everything. When you are researching your own historical records in archaeology, know that the colonies that went back from the future did have the ability to build the Giza plateau, and the Sphinx. That colony did hide the records underneath the feet of the Spinx, and then they sealed it, against the directives the were charged with. There was to be no futuristic knowledge shared with the past, yet they rebelled, and faded away. I could tell you more about the other seven groups, but if you study history, you'll see that one was based in India, one in North America, one in South America, one in Europe, and others spread across the globe. The diversity aspect worked, but the intentions failed. After a few centuries the colonists devolved, and started worshiping "Aliens". The Sumerian Colony left our ways the first, and was followed by the Egyptian Colony. They changed the name to Gods, because until a few decades had the chance to pass, they had the tools they traveled back with, and had the ability to seem "supreme". They one thing I am not allowed to say is that future technology is organic in nature. We melded the elements during the 40k CE extinction event, the one transition that fully described the uber sapien transition.

Two: The sun does go Supernova, but we moved away from this solar system before it did. The time transition colonies was my idea, and my team mates decided that it was a worthy endeavor. It did succeed, as is represented by you reading this message, and our brothers that left for the stars many eons ago are trying to contact us. They've evolved, but we haven't.

Communication between species will be tough. They will seem alien to us.

When contact through the Time Portal ensues, just remember, they are Star Brothers as we are as well.

*transmission terminated*

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Cool story bro.
Copy pasta?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

????
Clarification required.
????

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
wait dude.. i dont get it..
are you a future kid?
or is this just creative writing? lol

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Lawlz0rz

This is in Short Stories so I'm pretty sure it's creative writing.

Good story!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lawlz0rz

It's a writing contest on ATS, but if ya liked what you read, how about droppin a flag? Flags determine the winners, so I appreciate every flag I get. I'm not a time traveler, BTW, but a John Titor parody maybe on the way.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I loved the story. Star and Flag for you and good luck in the contest.

[1920s voice] You got a future here kid ya see [/1920s voice]

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
That was a good start.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
where do i find the terms and conditions of this writing contest?

might like to enter

**** found it sorry i didnt see your SIG.***
edit on 2-2-2012 by okamitengu because: im a retard....

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Some good details (bio-degradable tools is a very nice touch!) that lend credibility to the tale. I liked the flow and direction of this better than your last one (not saying that your last one was not as good, just my personal non-expert preference) and I'm glad to see this one get a little more attention.

reply to post by okamitengu

The announcement is here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

There is always a link in my SIG to the latest ATS sponsored writing contest. Click on the link there, and it takes you to the T&C of the contest. Hope that helps. Hope to see your entry, and I'll be sure to give you a flag if you enter. Good luck.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Sounds too Terranova inspired.
Cool story, but does't it take 2 stable time machines in two separate places in time to create a link?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Star and Flag
I just loved this short storie keep up the good work and best of luck in the contest..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

The contest runs until the end of February, so you can be sure to see a few more entries from me, as I haven't even gotten started on all the possible time paradoxes yet. Time travel is one of my favorite topics.

Where's your entry?

Ahem.

edit on 2/2/12 by Druid42 because: grammar bugs plaguing me.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jaden_x

Star for the comment.

Response: Not really. In classical physics it would, a point A to point B correspondence. The latest theory in Quantum Mechanics leads to the belief that a reaction can occur before the trigger event. It's the stuff of Sci-Fi, but soon to be an understandable reality.

Dangit, what about the grandfather paradox? On deck, a story about how killing grandpa doesn't really violate any casual rules of physics. It's allowed in time travel.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I sometimes think I could write something but then I think I am not really good enough either. I'll leave it to the pro's for now.
I had kinda noticed that you liked this genre. It's one of my faves too, science fiction, time/space travel, technology, etc. I read Asimov as a kid and never looked back. Good luck!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Get your feet wet, sissy. Your grammar is good, and you spend most of your time in your own mind anyway. Try it. You may like it.

*goads you a bit more*

You'll never know until you try, but I think you are capable. Don't kick yourself later for being scared now.

Ok. We'll be gentle on your first entry. Deal?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I really enjoyed reading that
flag from me!

would of loved to know more about how we moved away from the solar system
shame its a short story tbh i want more!!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
If he predicted Feb. 2nd why did you not post this earlier, but on the 2nd? heh.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
If they are that advanced I would think they would have proper grammar.. Maybe it is the jet lag from their time travel.

U

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join