It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Door's "Whiskey Song" Borrow Satanic Lyrics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
This is the end... beautiful friend
This is the end... my only friend
The End... of our elaborate plans
The End... of everything that stands
The End... no safety or suprise
The End... I'll never look into your eyes
Again...

Can you picture what we'll be
So limitless and free
Desperately in need
Of some stranger's hand
In a desperate land

This is my favorite... as is break on through, end of the night, moonlight drive, riders on the storm, L.A. woman, people are strange, roadhouse blues, the spy (awesome song about stalking), backdoor man, five to one.... and so many others... I just love the doors, always have always will.

AND for and Doors fans on ATS, they found and released a new lost song recently, its entitled "you smell so nice" sounds like a recording from the L.A. woman times...
edit on 3-2-2012 by theflamingswan92 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2012 by theflamingswan92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by theflamingswan92

Yeah I saw that! I thought it was pretty cool actually.

I think if they were able to put some production money into refining the sound on that song, it could have been pretty popular... among fans at least.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by theflamingswan92

just for you , and me and any doors fan on ats

Ahh thank you! The Hollywood Bowl performance! I have the book Rider's On The Storm by: John Desmore and in it he says Jim dropped acid right before going out on stage! WHAT A REBEL! R.I.P. Jim "mr. mojo risin" Morrison

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Although I've never managed to get a copy so far, apparently there's a really interesting book titled: Weird Scenes Inside the Canyon: Laurel Canyon, Covert Ops & the Dark Heart of the Hippie Dream by David McGowan about many of the rock stars that inspired the counter-culture, and I think the lingering suggestion that at some point the hippies were fed drugs or died under mysterious circumstances to make the anti-war movement look deranged and dangerous.
www.amazon.com...

With Morrison especially the conspiracy thickens, since he came from a military-based family.

The line "the West is the best" from The End always intrigued me, and as a kid I thought it's a bit of US cultural supremacy, even if ironic.

But now I know that prominent Wiccan witches (especially Sybil Leek) at the time had an invocation to the directions of the wind that went:

"The wind in the East is good for neither man nor beast,
The wind in the North, old folks should never venture forth,
The wind in the South blows the hook into the fishes mouth,
The wind in the West is the best".

This invocation called in windy weather (Sybil Leek performed it on a pier), is said to improve psychic power and awareness.

And according to Oliver Stone's much derided and celebrated movie on The Doors, Jim Morrison certainly dated a witch.
edit on 14-4-2023 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join