It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Bug, Worse than the Last Bug - Flesh Eater Spreading

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Here's the article if you want to jump right in:
Flesh eating bug spread by sneezes and coughs - US and UK

This Super MRSA is tougher than the kind you can pick up in hospitals and has made an appearance in both the US and UK.

They can be transmitted through skin-to-skin contact and hugging as well as sneezing and coughing. You can transmit it by scratching your head then shaking someone's hand, or coughing on a hard surface which someone later touches.

One strain, called USA300, can lead to blood poisoning or a form of pneumonia that eats away at lung tissue.
The bacteria are usually resistant to several types of antibiotics and can cause large boils on the skin.
Chris Williams, professor of molecular genetics at the University of Birmingham, said: ‘It breaks down tissue. If it gets into your heart, bacteria can get into your bloodstream and take hold of different parts of your body. That could lead to death quite easily.’

The dangers of the ‘community- acquired’ superbugs are raised in a new study, examining the way they spread. Researcher Dr Ruth Massey said USA300 was ‘causing huge problems in America and is being reported here increasingly’.
She added: ‘These community- acquired strains seem to be good at affecting healthy people – they seem to be much better than the hospital ones at causing disease.’

I don't know, HAZMAT suits, avoid people, we seem to be being chased by more and more bugs and poisons.

Anyway, think happy thoughts.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Yep that is one way eradicate the human race...There's no need for bombs or any other form of fear, simply unleash a flesh eating bug and do away with several hundred million. My question is, when these flesh eating bugs decide to go on festive fun eating season within our lungs, do they fart ? , and would that be considered as a burp for us ?

Tin foil off.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Something sounds fishy, perhaps I'm thinking too much into it, but I wouldn't doubt this bug was created in a lab and released on the public. When they say "community-acquired" sounds like someone wanted to word it in such a way so as not to get people to think and question where it came from "oh it came from our own communities".

Not being paranoid just suspicious.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic Lumen
Something sounds fishy, perhaps I'm thinking too much into it, but I wouldn't doubt this bug was created in a lab and released on the public. When they say "community-acquired" sounds like someone wanted to word it in such a way so as not to get people to think and question where it came from "oh it came from our own communities".

I thought the same, especially when they named it USA300. That is practically pointing the finger...

edit on 2-2-2012 by LittleVoice731 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

My guess is that community-acquired means getting it in any place that isn't a hospital. (Which are notorious centers of infectcion as they are.)

And we've got the Hong Kong flu, why not the USA300 super flesh-eating infection? Go USA300! Our germ can devour your germ.
edit on 2-2-2012 by charles1952 because: Add a line

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic Lumen

I'm going to have to agree with you, Majestic. If this bug just mutated by happenstance from our communities, I think it would have done so before now.. The fact that it's resistant to many antibiotics makes me even more suspicious. I'm not biologist or doctor, so maybe I'm making too much of it, but it's certainly scary. Perhaps that's another point to be made, too.. a pretty big one if I think on it..

Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye on this one.
------------- EDIT--------------
Was re-reading the source link, and found this line a tad creepy:

The Health Protection Agency said it had been aware of the strains for more than a decade but it was ‘not a major public health issue in this country’. Read more: www.metro.co.uk...
Again, that might mean nothing and it lends credit to my thought that it would have been noticed before now.

Still, If they knew about it, and knowing there is a possibility that it could mutate into something more dangerous; why wouldn't they have begun studying a form of cure?

Guess I just won't know without a better working knowledge of Biology, and far more details into the story..

edit on 2-2-2012 by Inquisitive1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This sounds like some nightmare you'd cook up in the flash game Pandemic.

Well at least Madagascar will be safe

edit on 2-2-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

darn you madagascar

but yea this is a bit scary
i hope none of my friends or family get this

www.youtube.com...#!
a video of MRSA Draining, i wouldn't watch if you don't like seeing blood or get creeped out easily
edit on 2-2-2012 by MissSinFull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Community-acquired MRSAs are able to adapt and fine tune themselves to spread outside of hospitals. MRSA bacteria in hospitals has not been able to migrate into the community in the same way.

The composition of the cell wall of the bacteria is critical to the community-acquired bacteria being more toxic.

The ability of the MRSA bacteria to secrete toxins is one of the main ways it causes disease.

Using a sensing system, it carefully controls when it switches on its ability to do this, so as not to cause disease until it is firmly established within the human.

Many antibiotics target the cell walls of harmful bacteria, and to resist this, the bacteria have to make changes to their cell wall.

Community-acquired MRSA strains have cell walls that are different to those seen in hospitals, allowing them to sense their environment and switch toxin expression on at the right time.

The community-acquired bacteria has evolved further, and is able to maintain a higher level of toxicity while also resisting treatment from antibiotics.

Thats why the community-acquired strains like USA300 and USA400 are worst than the hospitals one.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Oh great, now well all be eaten from the inside out....just peachy.
What is the medical research doing to combat this new bug?
is there any way of stopping its spread?
Will washing yer hands etc make a difference if the counter you made the sandwich on carries the disease?
Ho long can it live outside the human body?
Can animals like pets spread this bug ?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
wtf????.__.
chemtrails possible harbinger for USA300

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

What caught my eye in this news article was the "USA300" label. I find it funny that it is named USA300 --> United States of America combine with the Movie 300. Other than that, nothing interesting.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
There's been a huge surge in deadly diseases/viruses in the news. Predictive programming maybe?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
That is definitely scary

Great, I'm sure they are creating a miracle "shot" as we speak....

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by insaan

Crazy thought here: Maybe it is designed to kill the Persians (Iranians)?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by B3lz3buth
Community-acquired MRSAs are able to adapt and fine tune themselves to spread outside of hospitals. MRSA bacteria in hospitals has not been able to migrate into the community in the same way.

The composition of the cell wall of the bacteria is critical to the community-acquired bacteria being more toxic.

The ability of the MRSA bacteria to secrete toxins is one of the main ways it causes disease.

Using a sensing system, it carefully controls when it switches on its ability to do this, so as not to cause disease until it is firmly established within the human.

Many antibiotics target the cell walls of harmful bacteria, and to resist this, the bacteria have to make changes to their cell wall.

Community-acquired MRSA strains have cell walls that are different to those seen in hospitals, allowing them to sense their environment and switch toxin expression on at the right time.

The community-acquired bacteria has evolved further, and is able to maintain a higher level of toxicity while also resisting treatment from antibiotics.

Thats why the community-acquired strains like USA300 and USA400 are worst than the hospitals one.

also note MRSA and VRE is transmitted by bedbugs quite well and we have an ever increasing bedbug problem in the northeastern US which will be spreading across the country.
edit on 3-2-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

My guess is that community-acquired means getting it in any place that isn't a hospital. (Which are notorious centers of infectcion as they are.)

And we've got the Hong Kong flu, why not the USA300 super flesh-eating infection? Go USA300! Our germ can devour your germ.
edit on 2-2-2012 by charles1952 because: Add a line

Would it be funny or dismissive if one of your kids caught it?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
One thing about this is that they're just focusing on hospitals, but prisons and other corrections facilities are also known to harbor these nasty bacterias. With the amount of people getting arrested and detained these days, I'm not surprised that this is making its way into the public more quickly where it's able to mutate and infect more people.

Folks need to arm themselves by taking preventative precautions.
1. Get yourself some oil of oregano pills and take one each night.
2. Take a teaspoon of local honey each night.
3. Be sure to eat yogurt to keep a high supply of good bacteria in your system.
4. Baking soda is your friend. Mix a little bit in natural maple syrup (enough for a teaspoon amount) and take this daily.
5. If you've been in an area with lots of people, go home and bathe in a tub of baking soda and water.

All of the above will kill bad bacteria and keep your body supplied with good bacteria.
Don't wait until you have a skin infection to begin treatment. Stop it before it starts.

Best wishes, everyone.

edit on 3-2-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by insaan
reply to post by charles1952

What caught my eye in this news article was the "USA300" label. I find it funny that it is named USA300 --> United States of America combine with the Movie 300. Other than that, nothing interesting.

Originally posted by Mkoll
reply to post by insaan

Crazy thought here: Maybe it is designed to kill the Persians (Iranians)?

Actually, according to a quick search, the USA300 and USA400 clones are named according to their "pulsed-field gel electrophoresis patterns."

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Did anyone see the last line in this article ?

The Health Protection Agency said it had been aware of the strains for more than a decade but it was ‘not a major public health issue in this country’.

I did see the Metro yesterday when this was published - typical free newspaper scaremongering.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join