It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: Russian Scientists Have Awakened a Giant Creature

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

Lovecraft anybody
? Well I can't be the only one thinking about his books.
Anyway, how big is this creature?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Don't worry, if Godzilla comes out of there, we'll nuke it... something which should have been done in all disaster/creature movie but of course they can't do that as it would end the movie right then and there.

No biggie.

Personally, I'm more worried about a new virus waking up that nobody is prepared for that would wipe out 90%+ of all living things on earth.
edit on 6-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DARREN1976

Off topic: yes that is John Lithgow, and as a 3rd rock fan it made me search the depths of the tinterweb to find out what it was, only to be shocked that, being a child of the 80's, I hadn't heard of it before..."The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai". I have now watched it, and feel better for doing so

On Topic: Not only have the scientists turned up alive and well, but I would say the chances of anything bigger than microbes being alive down there is slim, I could be wrong, but lack of sunlight and messed up food chain, to me, says no.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

And this is exactly why the US Times article is just as misleading as the original Fox News article.

I'm assuming you've interpreted the US Times article as meaning that the Russian scientists had returned. Not so. The US Times article is simply stating that, although the extended lack of contact is unusual, it is not completely unexpected. Whether it is a normal thing or not, the Russian scientists have been out of contact for an extended period of time.

Apologies if you have another source that has new info, but there's nothing in the thread and I couldn't find anything in my (admittedly brief) Google search.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

I can't know for sure, but I'd say it must be very large to have been able to create sounds that can be heard around the world.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I can agree that perhaps the OP has seen one too many Sci-Fi movies, but there are indeed some key questions that need to be looked at and questioned even if the messenger was too into the issue.

First up was the fact that the scientist were out of communication for over 5 days. This was later explained as it was that they had to wait for special communications devices. After so many conspiracy theories popped up regarding what happened to the missing scientist and rumors of conspiracy talk about them being dead or killed by some unknown means, something had to be done to quell media rumors.

Now, while being out of communications for 5 days is serious, what this blackout further reveals is that the communications black out was specifically instructed so that specialized encryption communications devices could be delivered and used for any communications.

Now ask yourself, why would old existing communications devices need to be replaced with "ENCRYPTION" communications, if not to keep what they say to each other secret from everyone else on the continent of Antarctica?

Even I had the thought of some type of alien microbe or virus that could like in the movies to take over humans and look human while the alien species with a hive mind is producing new aliens by absorbing all humans they encounter.

Anyway, this might be good movie script material, but in the more real world, waiting for 5 days while the world fears for your safety tells me that the encryption communications devices were so important that no one could talk to the world about anything found or seen until such devices were in place to truly control information of what is going on under the ice at Lake Vostok.

This is how Russia would want to act to control what is found, what is said about what is found and to ensure a clamp down on anything that might signal to the world what Russia is really after.

While the X Files, Black Oil, the movies "The Thing" on its third remake, all certainly make us wonder what lies under the ice, but I am certain that controlling what is known about what is under the ice has become a Russia State secrets issue.

If the scientist involved are dead or not, controlling communications seems to be an important concern for Russia and I ask myself why so?

Anyway, the OP has presented a good issue to concern ourselves with, but only by leaving the brain sucking alien creatures out of the mix will we ever get to a better understanding of what is going on in Antarctica and why.

Last on the list is that while Russia allowed the scientist to be without contact for 5 days, I also have to ask myself why the NSA is in charge of USA operations in Antarctica?

Thanks for the thread, but if we are ever to get more information and more viable explanations from anyone, we should demand that Richard D. Hoagland explain why he has been so silent about Lake Vostok when in April 23, 2001 while on the Coast to Coast Show with Art Bell, Hoagland talks about Lake Vostok and the buried magnetic anomaly that is buried under the ice that has a size of 60 X 40 miles in diameter that Hoagland states is the size of Los Angeles.

It is this object, the magnetic anomaly, the NASA findings and Richard D. Hoagland that should be talking to this issue and yet, for someone who likes to talk so much, Richard D. Hoagland is as quiet as a mouse and I ask myself why so if not to avoid the topic and to avoid expanding the real conspiracy that exists under Lake Vostok.

Since the interview and the data has been available to Hoagland since April 23, 2001 or sooner, I think that my concerns are valid as to why Hoagland is being so hush hush about Lake Vostok in 2012 when so much media discussion is ongoing regarding Lake Vostok.

To me the only reason Hoagland is so quiet is to avoid any discussion about the matter and to not expand the conspiracy in the direction such discussion would eventually take us and that is to an Alien space craft buried over 20 millions years under Lake Vostok that has been know about since before 2001.

That is what Hoagland cannot be allowed to elaborate on unless NASA says so, but NASA approval or not, Hoagland should be asked about this matter and interviewed so that everyone can see just how short and brief I suspect Richard D. Hoagland will be with his NASA or governmental approved explanation about Lake Vostok and the magnetic anomaly that is NASA code for a buried alien space craft of immense size and implications that has been in the ice for over 20 million years.

Link to Hoagland interview, April 23, 2001, Lake Vostok interview on Coast to Coast with Art Bell
youtu.be...

Thanks for the thread and while the messenger may have muddied the waters with his or her movie-isms, the message of Lake Vostok is still a valid concern waiting to be truly discussed and I would hope others see this importance as I do.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join