It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: Russian Scientists Have Awakened a Giant Creature

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I recently started a thread explaining my theory on a connection between the rumbling/roaring sounds people are hearing all over the world and Russian scientists drilling miles into the ice in Antarctica to reach Lake Vostok.
The original thread can be found here- Original Thread
I go into extreme detail explaining my theory so I recommend reading that before reading the update.

I've been monitoring the progression of the drill team for the last few weeks, mainly through means I won't address for my own safety, but also with the occasional article I find online. Today I came across a breaking story regarding loss of communication with the drill team.

A group of Russian scientists plumbing the frozen Antarctic in search of a lake buried in ice for tens of millions of years have failed to respond to increasingly anxious U.S. colleagues -- and as the days creep by, the fate of the team remains unknown.

The entire article can be seen here- www.foxnews.com...

Here's my theory as to what has occurred...

The Russian scientists are clearly dead. Killed by the creature which has lived beneath them for however long and whose rest was disrupted a couple years ago and since has been building anger. Within the past week I believe this creature either finally emerged from the ice and killed the scientists or caused a collapse in the ice sending the drill team plunging to their deaths into the frozen waters below.

What needs to be done immediately is that a team should be sent to the location the drill team was last communicated with and discover what exactly happened. If my theory is correct that the creature has emerged from the ice then precautions should be heavily taken as we have no idea what is creature exactly is nor what it's capable of. I'm sure the Russian military has been in communication with the research team at times over the time span of their expedition and probably have already prepared for an emergence of this creature as this would clearly pose a severe threat to the world. If the creature has not emerged from the ice and instead caused a collapse then a team sent to their last known location what be able to identify a massive hole in the ice. Even if the creature has not emerged there should still be precautions taken in case it one day chooses to do so. The best scenario would obviously be that research team is alive and well, but has been having trouble with communications throughout the week. I can only pray to God that this is the case, but there's a lot of evidence not in favor of such a wishful scenario. The closest thing to the best scenario is that the creature will never choose to emerge from the ice even if it has the capability to do so or has returned to Lake Vostok to live in peace once again. I doubt thought it will ever have it's peace if such a event has taken place. There's little chance no other team will be sent to continue research and no one is stupid enough to send more lives into danger so I feel the fate of this creature has been determined. Through military intervention the creature's life is over. As an advocate of life I can only hope this creature protects itself and soon will be left alone and in return will not harm the outside world.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Please, please, PLEASE tell me this is satire!!!

ETA: If this is not satirical, let me get the facts straight. A monster...wait....a HUGE monster was able to break free of 2+ miles of ice by crawling through a hole about 1.5 feet in diameter and ate all the drillers. And this is more plausible than communication equipment failure?

edit on 2/2/2012 by KILL_DOGG because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

Ah ha, so you too watched Alien v Pedator!

See, the problem with these noises heard all around the world......how come they have'nt been heard here in Australia????
edit on 2-2-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

More likely:
They released huge amounts of methane/ some other deadly chemical.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Cool story.

Bro.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
they released satan from his chains.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Whaaaaaatt? All due respect friend but that's a big pill to swallow. Any evidence of said creature? You have yourself a good B movie there if all else fails.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Double post.
edit on 2/2/2012 by Grifter81 because: double post.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I've said this before... can't resist,

RELEASE THA KRAKEN!!!

Darn good rum btw

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Ah ha, so you too watched Alien v Pedator!

See, the problem with these noises heard all around the world......how come they have'nt been heard here in Australia????
edit on 2-2-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

I would have to say I was wondering that as well.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
A giant monster ...meh it would be 20 millions yrs old
some crustaceans can be frozen and brought back to life with warm water pretty cool
but dont think your theory is plausible something more rational would be
1. microbes
2. alien base
3. jimmy hoffa

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

There already is a B-movie EXACTLY like this. Watched it the other day...its called "The Thing" (2011).
IMDB listing here... www.imdb.com/title/tt0905372/

The find an alien ship, then an alien frozen in the ice nearby...the rest you can pretty much guess lol. Somewhat entertaining.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

A little too serious for me! All sarcasm aside, I think you need to start questioning your resources a little bit more. Anyone who uses Faux News as a reference clearly isn't doing a great job researching. Kudos on your imagination though, kid.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Sorry but this is ridiculous. They simply could of been crushed by falling ice, died of hypothermia or even there communications have failed. They may even be alive. A creature, come on... I thought I had read it all until I seen this garbage. No S+F, sorry.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Good movie Bubba.....

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
they released satan from his chains.

It will be a cold day in hell...sorry, bad choice of words.

That will be the day, when hell freezes over...Oh Noez!!
edit on 2-2-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The entire story is a cover-up.
The crew must have made it into the inner earth, that begins at the edge of the polar circle.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by KILL_DOGG
Please, please, PLEASE tell me this is satire!!!

ETA: If this is not satirical, let me get the facts straight. A monster...wait....a HUGE monster was able to break free of 2+ miles of ice by crawling through a hole about 1.5 feet in diameter and ate all the drillers. And this is more plausible than communication equipment failure?

edit on 2/2/2012 by KILL_DOGG because: (no reason given)

jesus christ dude!...its called ATS SKUNKWORKS for a reason...

why would you click on a thread tittled "Russian Scientists Have Awakened a Giant Creature" and then get sarcastic and mad about the fact that its too "far fetched" and no facts are presented...

next time try to remember why you joined ATS in the first place...

unless you came here for political alternative news...this is a CONSPIRACY forum 1st everything else comes 2nd

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
if..... this were possible, it would also be probable that they detained the scientists immediately upon doing the dirty work for them and put them in a mental institution as obvious threats to humanity... giant creatures mumbo jumbo the docs would believe them being insane ....

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I am not sure your Avatar Name properly delineates your thinking ability. At least concerning scientific reasoning and general good sense. Have you been one of those who stayed in the house all your life playing video games and watching TV? I ask because this thread and the previous one is absolutely ridiculous in just about every aspect. Maybe you saw too many episods of Land of the Lost, or took King Kong movies too seriously. Basically, in a scientific sense, there is about ZERO chance that any of what you portray is a reasonable theory on this planet in this case. Maybe you should do some reading and learning before posting threads showing your, ahem....World Class Theories --- Epic Fail!

edit on 2/2/12 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join