It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Obama, Clear As Day, Mocks Bible Books And Now Wants You To Believe He is A Christian

page: 1
14
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Clear as Day, Obama is seen in this video, with is own mouth, mocking Deutronomy and Leviticus, showing his contempt for what is said in these books, and yet, now he comes out claiming to be a Christian , with his own words and quoting Book of Luke.

Obama's own words or just lip service:
money.cnn.com...


"For me as a Christian, it also coincides with Jesus's teaching that for unto whom much is given, much shall be required," Obama said, quoting the Gospel of Luke.












posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky
 


He is a politician.

He says what he thinks his audience will respond to.

He also said he'd close Guantanamo & bring the troops straight home. How's that going?

We all hoped he'd be different but he's no different than the rest.



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky
 


Actually, I find Obama making very good points in that video. I have to give credit where it is due.

Being (or claiming) to be a Christian shouldn't mean that you'll accept everything written in the bible without question or thought. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that's a very dangerous position to take.

As for his comment about America no longer being a Christian nation; I think I see what his point was. I believe what he is saying is that while America was founded on predominately Christian values, It has grown beyond just those. We are a so called melting-pot of religions, cultures, and peoples. Basically that all of those are protected here (or should be), and has had equal power in transforming the nation into what it is (For better or worse
).
edit on 2-2-2012 by Inquisitive1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Oh, look....Obama is making mockery of a fable.

Stay tuned for next weeks episode: Obama, Clear as Day, Mocks the Three Little Pigs.



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It sure does look like the BigØ needs a little "church'n up"


I think his staff is gearing up for the campaign.

Those old ads from the last election seem to point to an anti-Christian agenda....

Far cry from comments lately


People will wake up soon I think.


What's my boy say'n these days?






posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by Pocky
 


He is a politician.

He says what he thinks his audience will respond to.

He also said he'd close Guantanamo & bring the troops straight home. How's that going?

We all hoped he'd be different but he's no different than the rest.



Did you hope? I didn't. Only a fool puts his hopes in men. Politicians have been lying ever since any form of democracy ever reared it's ugly head thousands of years ago. Ancient Greece, particularly Athens was a democracy, how well did that go? Ancient Rome adopted the same system until Caesars took power, they fared no better. Democracy always leads to dictatorship and then ruin, it may take several centuries but it will happen.

The only one i want ruling over me is the King of kings, because no one can do the job better than he, and he won't lie to you and tell you what you want to hear and then let you down. The minute teachers started changing songs that were dedicated to Christ and rededicated them Obama (and he accepted this worship) i was dead set against him. He is a liar and a fraud and no christian would dare accept Christ's glory and worship or allow himself to be referred to as the "messiah".



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
If I were you I'd more more worried about where he's leading your country than whether he believes in that silly old book or not. That's the least of your problems (and the rest of world's, to be fair).



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inquisitive1
reply to post by Pocky
 


Actually, I find Obama making very good points in that video. I have to give credit where it is due.

Being (or claiming) to be a Christian shouldn't mean that you'll accept everything written in the bible without question or thought. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that's a very dangerous position to take.

As for his comment about America no longer being a Christian nation; I think I see what his point was. I believe what he is saying is that while America was founded on predominately Christian values, It has grown beyond just those. We are a so called melting-pot of religions, cultures, and peoples. Basically that all of those are protected here (or should be), and has had equal power in transforming the nation into what it is (For better or worse
).
edit on 2-2-2012 by Inquisitive1 because: (no reason given)


Credit where credit is due??
Obama is talking about Judaism and that doesnt reflect at all on politics and Christianity. He is ignorant and foolish. The whole point of the old Testament is to show humanity that the law leads to destruction, he portrays the OT as negative, well it is supposed to be negative.
The Sermon on the Mount is aimed at an individuals spirituality, again dopey Obama has confused that with politics.
What a hypocrite, he used the Sermon on the Mount agenda to become President. No Guantanamo and No WARS. Freakin liar.
This guy is just missing the make up, everything else about him is just a pure circus clown act.

I can see all the ignorant God haters justifying what he says, I assure you he has quoted out of context.
edit on 2-2-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
you will certainly never hear him mocking the koran, instead he goes on and one about the holy koran this and holy koran that and how beautiful the muslim call to prayer is, he also quotes from the koran with a heavy accent in the Arabic language and a glow on his face and gleam of pleasure in his eye as he does it , in fact he has never brought up how the koran teaches that non muslims , the infidels must be killed, nor has he taken anything else from the koran out of context.



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
Credit where credit is due??
Obama is talking about Judaism and that doesnt reflect at all on politics and Christianity. He is ignorant and foolish. The whole point of the old Testament is to show humanity that the law leads to destruction, he portrays the OT as negative, well it is supposed to be negative.
The Sermon on the Mount is aimed at an individuals spirituality, again dopey Obama has confused that with politics.
What a hypocrite, he used the Sermon on the Mount agenda to become President. No Guantanamo and No WARS. Freakin liar.
This guy is just missing the make up, everything else about him is just a pure circus clown act.

I can see all the ignorant God haters justifying what he says, I assure you he has quoted out of context.
edit on 2-2-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)
I just took it as Obama talking about the bible. It's no matter to me which religion picks what testaments, versions, or books of the bible as their main source of study, worship, or conflict of beliefs.

Regardless, I'll have to agree with you that it shouldn't necessarily reflect on politics at all, But It's a kind of thing you can't get away from. He's allowed to be and express whatever religious (or anti-religious/religion) view points he has, even while being the POTUS. I don't agree with what comes from that a lot of the times, but there's nothing to be done.. without stripping rights away further. I don't particularly like the guy myself, but that means moot.

As for your final statement; I do hope you are not calling me an ignorant god-hater because my opinion clashes with your own. But if you are, you've that right, And I've the right to not like what you said one bit, and disagree

edit on 2-2-2012 by Inquisitive1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Next time anybody believes that our country has "moved past Christian values" into a better society, read and understand where and why those in charge all sing to the same piper

1963 US Congressional Record
"45 Current Goals of Communism"
roadsassy.com...

You should be worried. It's the end time red beast.
So as that man spouts scripture for his own gain, some of us look to the King of Kings.
You may think that Bible is some fairy tale, but you cannot see the trade that you have made.
Those FEMA camps look a lot more real.
Not only do our youngsters cheer and clap every time a Biblical moral is thrown out, they just seal their own fate unknowingly. I'll warn again; Satan seals the eyes of those who are perishing. They believe the lies.
If you understand that message, if it resonates in your heart somewhere, know that the Kingfom of God is near!
Repent your sins that have been forced into your life as "normal", be baptised in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and grow your faith.

Repent!



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Bet you'll never see him mocking his holy Quran

edit on 2-2-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by infojunkie2
 


Damn you beat me to it



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inquisitive1

Originally posted by borntowatch
Credit where credit is due??
Obama is talking about Judaism and that doesnt reflect at all on politics and Christianity. He is ignorant and foolish. The whole point of the old Testament is to show humanity that the law leads to destruction, he portrays the OT as negative, well it is supposed to be negative.
The Sermon on the Mount is aimed at an individuals spirituality, again dopey Obama has confused that with politics.
What a hypocrite, he used the Sermon on the Mount agenda to become President. No Guantanamo and No WARS. Freakin liar.
This guy is just missing the make up, everything else about him is just a pure circus clown act.

I can see all the ignorant God haters justifying what he says, I assure you he has quoted out of context.
edit on 2-2-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)
I just took it as Obama talking about the bible. It's no matter to me which religion picks what testaments, versions, or books of the bible as their main source of study, worship, or conflict of beliefs.

Regardless, I'll have to agree with you that it shouldn't necessarily reflect on politics at all, But It's a kind of thing you can't get away from. He's allowed to be and express whatever religious (or anti-religious/religion) view points he has, even while being the POTUS. I don't agree with what comes from that a lot of the times, but there's nothing to be done.. without stripping rights away further. I don't particularly like the guy myself, but that means moot.

As for your final statement; I do hope you are not calling me an ignorant god-hater because my opinion clashes with your own. But if you are, you've that right, And I've the right to not like what you said one bit, and disagree

edit on 2-2-2012 by Inquisitive1 because: (no reason given)



Oops, yeah that is how it sounded...and may have been applied if you justify what he states.
What he states though is not accurate and I stand by my statement that God haters who dont know what they are talking about will agree with him.
My comments are not to be taken offensively, just a simple statement.



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Obama is more Christian than some who are trying their best to ridicule him. I for one believes that he practices more of what Jesus wants and expects of Christians than most of those posting here. If, Christianity is anything that he practices, like taking care of the least amongst us, that is what I am inclined to want to exemplify. Some posters here are no more uglier than than the evil they portray Obama to be. Jesus stated that we would do greater things that he ever did.



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
What, no vid of Obama talking about his near death experience in Hell like your usual threads Pocky?

Personally didn't see any mocking of the words there either.



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
Oops, yeah that is how it sounded...and may have been applied if you justify what he states.
What he states though is not accurate and I stand by my statement that God haters who dont know what they are talking about will agree with him.
My comments are not to be taken offensively, just a simple statement.


I'm not so much justifying what he is saying as I am his right to say it. If that makes me an God hater, than so be it.
edit on 2-2-2012 by Inquisitive1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
we can't 'Claim' to know what Obama Believes in, for we are not Obama, nor can we claim to know anyone's 'Belief'

people can disagree with aspects of ones religion, yet still accept said religion



regardless, we should not Elect Presidents based on 'Religion', the Separation of Church and State should be enforced,



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The Bible deserves to be mocked. Have you ever read that thing? Its a hot mess. Sadly I think Obama really is a Chrsitian but, then again the great thing about Christians is they all declare the other ones wrong and not to be one of them. How many damn version of the same religion do you people need before you figure out that you are all wrong.



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad
 


mr. spad, of all the responses i enjoyed yours the most. i actually have read the bible in the niv, kjv, nkjv, living, koine greek and sexta. and its beauty and exquisite prose and poetry have lasted for a very long time. i respect your views on the subject matter, specifically the bitterness and vitriol that many religious representatives spew on behalf of their deity. that being said, it is the transcendent faith of my father and his father before him. and i do accept Jesus as my savior because he accepted me first. regarding potus obama. i also do believe he is a christian. as far apart as you and i both are far apart in belief and politics, we can agree that potus is probably a "better" christian than any republican candidate so far. if one can actually judge such things. i digress. i certainly hope we can agree to disagree. many of us on ats are not so far apart in how we view humanity and the course of events in human history. we seem to get caught up on finer points of style, innuendo, and money. and that's ok. as an evangelical (did i just write that?), i feel that potus obama is my president and he will be getting my full support for a second term.



new topics

top topics



 
14
<<   2 >>

log in

join