It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Like Online Privacy? You May Be a Terrorist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Originally posted by eXia7
reply to post by TheCommentator

Star for the info, but that red text is brutal on the eyes

Reading the fine print that requires glasses? Terrorist.

Oh man, it's a trap!

I suppose falling for word traps makes me a noob terrorist.

If you do not hear from me after this post, I have been black bagged and detained indefinitely.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Oh my lord. I get it now..

The war on terrorism is not a war against those who would commit acts of terror. The war on terrorism is a fight to decide who will terrorize the Citizens of the United States!

And guess what!

We're on the winning side!

edit on 2-2-2012 by danj3ris because: img didn't show. that's really okay.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by skuly
Its a pity the FBI dont check a bit closer to home for threats to the usa.
take a look at the 5th video on this thread.

Abovetopsecret

The enemy within is a understatment.

There is no doubt the USA has many home grown nut jobs, and terrorists at least with the potential if they had the needed resources and talent, if you call anything that has to do with terrorism "talent". Wether its the anti-government is THE enemy crowd ( the government in my mind is more a general pain in the ass), or the racists. Fortunately, many racists are rather stupid, as a general rule. Not what one could call deep thinkers, or they wouldn't be bigots. But for those who think the home grown full blown nut jobs or those who go on a crusade as a result of something associated with some thing the government does they feel is wrong, then use your voice to make a rational protest, not blow up building's.

You all do remember the "clean cut"(love that term as if its a membership card to the sane and rational) and former Army soldier, Timothy McVey?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I should also add as just reported earlier this evening on the Rachel Maddow program on MSNBC, is a rather interesting aspect of a more untraceable method of conducting commerce, and in time is likely to offer the kind of "real time"commerce the internet encourage's (that later point IMO) is the use of "bit coins". It seems since economics drives almost everything else, this would be an area not to hinder but encourage with appropriate safeguards as a medium of financial exchange.

It will only get more popular as the flexibility by it's nature can exceed any current and conventional currency. Don't discourage it's use because those who try can't in the end prevent new applications of technology or techno-economics. But there can be certain ways to "discourage" and even inhibit it's use for illegal and criminal acts. This is a classic problem often faced by the current "system". It has to catch up with the technology and apply a patch to rules and that often happens after the s*** has hit the fan... That just is not taking the history of technology and it's impact on society into account. Not very bright to say the least.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Hmm, I value my privacy. I wear pants. Us pant wearing terrorists are in the billions however!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I hope they don't start cross checking and correlating all their lists.
I seem to be qualified for all of them.

I will probably end up the only 40 something peace lovin' pretty much disabled housewife in the world on the top of the suspected terrorist lists.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
So then the government is a terrorist organization. Who else is more paranoid and secretive?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Congratulations FBI, you just gave the terrorists a cliffs notes on what not to do in the process of terrorizing. And you made people paranoid about if their behavior might be too bad for public behavior.

I take umbrage at the "travel illogical distances to use a cafe" remark. I do this. I'm illogical. Terrorists use logic. Now we are all in trouble.

I suppose this is their "probable cause" list for taking their investigation work to the next level. Are you on the computer and illogcially distanced from your residence? You too could be a weirdo and must be surveilled via satellite and your keystrokes, pageviews watched by the FBI. So if you happen to have sensitive information about company work, or an affair, or whatever, now you don't. The FBI will gather that intel, ship it to the nearest intelligence agency, where it will be harvested and panned out for gold, without your notification. And if you have a crooked agent in the ranks who likes selling your data to his highest bidder, you are in deep doodoo. Cointelpro all over again.

They snoop on you but you can't snoop on them. This is why I believe it should be made into a law that when an agency surveilles you, there has to be a notification icon of some sort on the device, of who and where, for your safety, to ensure you're not being watched by a boogeyman like the mob or a jealous ex-boyfriend.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
As I read or hear more about these reports by the FBI, Homeland Security and other "watchdog" agencies, the more and more they look like hard core conspiracy theorists. It is getting easier and easier to imagine G-men dressed in black suits, with black sunglasses, and tinfoil hats as they all gather to discuss the nefarious conspiracy of internet users.

Perhaps within this community of government agent men (and women) in black with their tin foil hats, there are the skeptics who speak up and attempt to convince the government conspiracy nuts that people in general are really not all that bad just because they value their privacy. Of course, these skeptics are vehemently shouted down by a plethora of sworn government agents who point to all sorts of absurdities, in between a few valid points here and there, to make damn sure that whatever is happening with people who cherish their privacy, it ain't anything good for government.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
lol this is hilarious.. according to this brochure essentially everyone I know that works in IT and has half a clue about security is a terrorist...

1) Use encryption? Check
2) Have multiple phones (personal + business)? Check
3) Concerned about online privacy and security? Check
4) Use VoIP? Check
5) Pay in cash wherever possible? Check
6) Use anonymizers, proxies etc? Check and mate.

I have to admit I didn't realise I was an evil terrorist until their brochure came out. I now see the light, guess it's time to pack my bags. I hear Guantanamo is nice this time of year

Damn, that includes me as well, not sure but did they not also list 'if you disagree with the government you must be a terrorist' too, i'm sure i've actually seen that somewhere but with all the toilet thats out there i cant seem to find it

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Ah, I can see it now. First they have NDAA to detain you for doing any suspected behavior of terrorism. And now they have these list to tell if you are a terrorist.

Watchout ATSers!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
That'll teach you to vote for the wrong guy

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

If I'm a terrorist because of this, then I'll wave my Mozilla flag proudly!...after activating my Hot Spot Shield of course...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I certainly do miss my movshare!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Welcome to the modern day witch hunt. Does anyone actually believe and or follow these ignorant "see something say something" posters? What happened to questioning authority?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Welcome to the modern day witch hunt. Does anyone actually believe and or follow these ignorant "see something say something" posters? What happened to questioning authority?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I like the one about communication through PC game VOIP/messages.

Thats insane. Seriously that sounds like a someone that is psychotic wrote this "watch list".

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Doing this would make a potential terrorist? I thought I was just a person who enjoyed privacy what a bad idea that is (yes, sarcasm). What ever happened to our freedom loving country, anyone want to do a big research project? I'm naughty too because I don't use the standard information collectors such as Google and Bing as search engines unless I look up something frivolous, because as long as I do nothing illegal its none of nobodies business!! I do no harm and think if the mainstream media did a better job of reporting news maybe I wouldn't need to look at things that are not harmful, but just interest me!! Better be looking for real terrorists and illegals, and not the freedom loving Americans who are still around in this country. How many sheeple are there in this country do you think there is? good post.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join