It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US push to arm Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

WASHINGTON. A policy group in the US has called for providing Israel with 200 additional bunker-buster bombs and aerial refuelling tankers to increase the credibility of a military strike aimed at thwarting Iran's nuclear program.

The proposal is part of a report issued by the Bipartisan Policy Centre's National Security Project, led by former Democratic senator Charles Robb and retired General Charles Wald.''While we do not advocate an Israeli military strike, we believe a more credible Israeli threat can only increase the pressure on Iran to negotiate,'' General Wald said.

Rand Corp analyst Alireza Nader, who was co-author of a study on Israel and Iran, said sending Israel more bombs would be a mistake and could push Iran to accelerate its nuclear program

Read more: www.smh.com.au...

Sending weapons across the world again to fund friends that years later could be enemies, not like it hasn't happen before. Push, push and push until the kettle boils over and all hell breaks loose.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

The Off site content is hilarious.

While we (US) dont want you(Israel) to attack, here are 200 Bunker Busters that we dont want you to use.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Israel is a welfare state, without the US military help they would be eating cockroaches that they are. Whats the matter Israel, you need daddy to come help you out?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This war will be EPIC (do not confuse me with a warmonger) this is all getting too big. The Ponce, 200 bunker busters.

"Son here are the keys to the Rolls parked in the garage. Only drive it if there is a house fire. We are going away for 3 weeks. Remember only drive it if there is a fire." OK Dad
gotcha, have fun"

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It's my opinion that the US policy makers and decision makers are divided on Israel. The fact remains that whether we the US want Israel to attack Iran or not is of little concern o the Israeli Government though. If they are going to do as they please and the odds are high then we best ensure that they get the damn job done right the first time and get it over with as swiftly and strategically as possible. I hate Geo Global Politics and allies.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It's just a never ending pile of crap with Israel. It's one thing to be Israel's ally, it's a whole other thing to have to babysit them like they were our mentally handicapped adult brother.

It's my assessment at this point that everyone in the middle east is a little crazy... maybe it's the heat, I don't know. Jew, Christian, Muslim, Zoroastrian, Praying Mantis Cult, or whatever... doesn't matter which religion, IMO they are all nutters to some degree.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Are these going to be the new 30,000 lbs. bunker busters?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Israel is a welfare state, without the US military help they would be eating cockroaches that they are. Whats the matter Israel, you need daddy to come help you out?

How nice to call the Jews Cockroaches! Anti-Semite much.

Every big war Israel has been in, they fought without U.S. help or equipment.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

Then you would be ok, if the US sat this conflict out.
That would be great.
The Us needs a break from 10 years of conflict

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Papagrune
Are these going to be the new 30,000 lbs. bunker busters?

I really doubt it, unless they want to buy a bomber that can carry it. I wish they sold them some B-1B's to match it.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Then you would be ok, if the US sat this conflict out.
That would be great.
The Us needs a break from 10 years of conflict

You really think Obama is going to help them when the shooting starts? I doubt it and I am pretty sure he is going to bail on Israel and leave them hanging on purpose. Just so he can be the one who makes the peace deal from the war.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
When will America learn that arming any country in the Middle East is a really bad idea? As another poster pointed out, allies one day, enemies the next. I'm certainly no fan of AIPAC and their abnormal influence over our supposedly sovereign government.

Although we could use the money from the sales, how much you wanna bet they bought them on credit?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

You really think Obama is going to help them when the shooting starts? I doubt it and I am pretty sure he is going to bail on Israel and leave them hanging on purpose. Just so he can be the one who makes the peace deal from the war.

Sir, I hope your analogy of this situation is correct.
Not our beef, not our war.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

Haha, it was all US equipment, and I did not call jews cockroaches, show my quote on that. The six day war was US equipment, and every all those welfare dollars that we send them. Israel needs to grow up and use its own weapons that it makes and stop calling on the USA to do its dirty work if it had the balls.

Also they to this day use f-16s and Apaches to terrorize the Palestinians, that is US equipment btw.
edit on 062929p://2America/ChicagoThu, 02 Feb 2012 18:53:09 -0600 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

I personally believe that he will get involved with this war - just long enough for election year to come and go so he will stay president.

new topics

top topics

join