It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concerns grow over volcanic eruptions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
New scientific evidence shows that the Death Valley volcano last erupted only 800 years ago, not 10,000 years ago as previously thought. Other evidence shows caldera volcanoes can erupt more frequently than previously thought. Of particular concern are large known historically explosive calderas around the world that are not monitored.

"There are several large and still active calderas in the United States, including the one under Yellowstone National Park. All are closely monitored. What worries the researchers are other unmonitored calderas around the world with the potential to send huge clouds of ash into the atmosphere, causing massive ecological and climate damage."

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I would rather deal with a supervolcano fallout than i would with the fallout of mans designs. Worry more about what man is doing not what nature can do

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by minor007
I would rather deal with a supervolcano fallout than i would with the fallout of mans designs. Worry more about what man is doing not what nature can do

i agree....

i much rather go through volcanoes and tornadoes and earthquakes than deal with the loss of my freedoms by a tyrannical government that once used to be free.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
If it happens it happens, concern can't stop it

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I will not worry about either of them.

Nothing that I can do to change either one.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Ive learned that the scientific community are horrible with numbers...... have they yet dated something correctly

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by leawyoming
Ive learned that the scientific community are horrible with numbers...... have they yet dated something correctly

And how would we ever really know if they did?

Confused second!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychoparrot

lol true...

top topics

join