It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian scientists seeking Lake Vostok lost in frozen 'Land of the Lost'?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

lmao lightweight

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
IF anyone is interested, here is their website. Dosnt look like its been updated in at least 10 years though. But will prob give you idea of working conditions...

www.aari.ru...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
"No word from the ice for 5 days,"
Is this a film promo?
some THING! got them

Air gap! and its said high in oxigen and other gases.
Big bag any one?

I am hopeing they dont poison the last clean plase on earth.
and they find lots of life.
and DONT kill it off.
a big pressure drop would kill any life form off.

and humans cry over alien bum probes.
humans dont deserve to be free.
or just kill them all off.
that would make the rest of space safe...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This link shows that the Lake Vostok story was posted almost one year ago.

www.popsci.com...

Does anybody have a good explanation for this? This proves to me that this story is a complete fabrication. Lies in the media...shocking right?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111
It would also be nice to explain why they THINK the lake hasn't been exposed to air for 20/15 million years, instead of just saying it.

Because Lake Vostok is a fresh water lake buried under miles of ice and was last seeing sunlight when Antarctica had no snow

Last I heard that was 420,000 years based on the ice core samples but I guess some 'scientists' think its 15/20 million years

But the ice cores have shown one thing... forget global warming buy warm clothes and firewood because your going to need it. This graph below is drawn from the data gathered from the Vostok ice core samples and, unlike the tree ring data, is scientifically sound and uncontroversial. Looking at the above graph, there have been six periods in the last 415,000 years when global temperature exceeded today’s temperature by as much as nine degrees. 10,000 years ago, the global temperature was five degrees higher than today.

Do you have a link to an alternative source for the image data? I want to repost this on facebook but I know people will give me crap for posting some dudes geocities lookin site... cause that screams authentic....

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Clearly they've drilled into XK-MASADA. (If you don't get that reference, go read A Colder War. Actually, go read it anyways, it's great.)

Now that that's out of the way, I'm not entirely sure what I think of this. There are a lot of anomalies associated with Vostok, including a strange mass concentration in one end of the lake.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
They wanna drill into the lake with all those oil stuff (bore head) which is being used by the russians? Didnt they stop drilling 2 years ago by the cause of that, to not contaminate the water in the lake with oil or organism which life on the drilling gear?

edit on 3-2-2012 by Oxize because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Enlightenme1111

Same project, different story. Your link describes the project one year ago when they had to abort and get out of there due to the approaching winter ( or is it summer? ).

---

To the OP, thanks for posting! Following this one for sure. Hope all is well with the scientists.
Personally i think they should just leave it alone. Lets keep something pristine and untouched when we have the chance.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomra

Same project, different story. Your link describes the project one year ago when they had to abort and get out of there due to the approaching winter ( or is it summer? )

Correct, and if you read the story it claims that they left a 12,300 foot hole 96 feet away from the lake. They supposedly filled the hole with kerosene to keep it from freezing so they could finish it this year.

So, they couldn't drill 96 feet this year? The story is fake.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
How can there be methan hydrate 'deposits' if the estimated water temperature is between 50 and 65deg F? Perhaps methane hydrate or methane gas dissolved in water but not solid calthate.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Possibility of methane underneath, and they use tons of kerosene to keep the hole from freezing, interesting mixture. don,t spark it up I would say....

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Contact not lost with Russian polar workers in Antarctica

February 03, 2012 18:03

ST. PETERSBURG. Feb 3 (Interfax) - The Russian Antarctic polar expedition, which conducts well-drilling operations in the subglacial Lake Vostok, is working as usual, Deputy Director of the Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute Alexander Danilov told Interfax on Friday.

"Contact with them exists, is maintained, nothing happened there, everything is happening absolutely normally," Danilov said.

link:

www.interfax.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
They broke through and the sudden rush of water and methane gases shot way up and filled the area with super cooled methane and froze everyone to death instantly.
Oh darn it.

edit on 3-2-2012 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

They are drilling as we speak :-)

---

Seeing the link above about "contact not lost". Well, i hope so although russian officials do have a reputation for downplaying news which might put them in a bad light. Most likely all is well tho...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Just hope this isn't another K-141 Kursk to be honest!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cwade

February 03, 2012 18:03

ST. PETERSBURG. Feb 3 (Interfax) - The Russian Antarctic polar expedition, which conducts well-drilling operations in the subglacial Lake Vostok, is working as usual, Deputy Director of the Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute Alexander Danilov told Interfax on Friday.

"Contact with them exists, is maintained, nothing happened there, everything is happening absolutely normally," Danilov said.

link:

www.interfax.com...

Yes, comrade there is nothing to see here.
Please return to your televisions,
and we will update you if situation changes.

Hoping the message is true, but I don't know if I trust the answer. They must have broken through by now, yet nothing on what is happening. Just, "everything is happening absolutely normally." Seriously.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Dont know how reliable the following source si -

Time Vortex appear in Antarctica

During April 2001 one of the world's great secrets was revealed: an ancient structure or apparatus that lay encased miles under the hard Antarctic ice was detected by a roving spy satellite. The US military immediately moved to quash the reports and the mainstream news media dutifully complied.

Despite the news blackout, reports still surfaced that a secretive excavation project had commenced on the heels of the discovery. Some European countries formally protested the excavation by the US military.

Check the following out...looks like they brought in a large earth borer-

Soon after, some military observers noted that robotic devices were being shipped to the South Pole and speculation erupted about the belief by some that the US Air Force had transported their mammoth nuclear-powered tunel boring machine, the Subterrene, on a C5-A to a secret Antarctic base.

Whatever may have been down there would probably have been removed by now or explored.

Shortly after that the region was shaken by an unusual earthquake. Seismologists located the temblor at the epicenter of the buried structure in East Antarctica.

Yet still the military resisted making any comment.

A magnetic anomaly formed, intensified, and spread to the vicinity of the Russian Vostok base. Russian researchers were shocked and puzzled.

Meanwhile, the American military airfield buzzed with activity as flights came and went at a dizzying pace. Heavy machinery--some pretty exotic--appeared on the bleak Antarctic ice sheet. Unverified reports claimed that the nuclear-powered earth borer Subterrene arrived

Seems like something is going on there.....The Nazi's had a pretty big interest in Antarctica....now the US military and NSA.....WTF is going on down there that demands their attention!

Time Vortex Appears

US physicist Mariann McLein allegedly testified that she and her colleagues became aware of a "spinning gray fog" in the sky over their heads. They initially dismissed the phenomenon as merely part of a random polar storm.

The spiraling vortex, however, did not disperse. Stranger still, despite gusts of wind and briskly moving clouds overhead, the weird spinning gray fog remained stationary.

Deciding to explore the odd phenomenon, the group took one of its weather balloons and attached a meteorological instrument to it that calibrated temperature, barometric pressure, humidity, windspeed and a scientific chronometer to record the times of the readings.

After attaching a cable to the balloon, and securing the other end to a winch, they released it. The balloon and instrument package soared upwards and were immediately sucked into the gaping maw of the swirling vortex.

The balloon and instruments disappeared.

After a several minutes, they decided to retrieve the balloon. Despite some difficulty with the winch they succeeded in bringing the balloon back to earth and checked the instruments. McLein stated that everyone was stunned by the readout on the chronometer. It displayed a date decades in the past: January 27, 1965.

McLein claimed the experiment was repeated several times with the same result.

Later, she said, the entire episode was reported to military intelligence and passed on to the White House. Presumably the strange vortex phenomenon--a highly magnetic tunnel to the past--was code named The Time Gate by military intelligence.

Is this area a "Natural Stargate" ?

What if the legend of Atlantis revolves around Antarctica? The place gets swallowed by a tsunami then snap frozen by a cataclysmic chain of events?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hopefully we will have news of what they find down there if anything, will be keeping a close eye on this thread

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It looks as though they finally found the wind up mechanism for our manufactured planet which was cast out into space as a laboratory for mutant biological life forms! I guess it is going to be hard to explain to us how we live in a glorified spherical Petri dish called Earth?

GS

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join