It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panetta: Israel will Attack Iran by June

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta of the United States estimates that the government of Israel will decide to attack Iran in the coming months, according to a Thursday report by the Washington Post. Panetta believes Israel will attack in April, May or June, before Iran enters what Defense Minister Ehud Barak has referred to as a "zone of immunity" to start building a nuclear weapon.

BUT

Netanyahu doesn’t want to leave the fate of Israel dependent on American action.

U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta believes there is "a strong likelihood" that Israel will strike Iran in April, May or June, according to the Washington Post's David Ignatius.

Israel believes that after this time, Iran will have entered a “zone of immunity” that will enable it to build a nuclear bomb at its leisure, Ignatius wrote. Defense Minister Ehud Barak used the same words Thursday in his speech at the Herzliya Conference.

President Obama and Panetta cautioned Israel against an attack, because they believe it would derail "increasingly successful international economic sanctions" against Iran.
U.S. Worries Israel is about to Strike Iran – Washington Post

BUT

"Iran poses a serious threat but not an existential one," said former IDF Chief of Staff Dan Halutz at the Herzliya Conference Thursday. "The use of this terminology is misleading. If it is intended to give a message in favor of attacking in Iran, it is a mistake."

"The option to use force is a last resort and it should be carried out only when there is no other choice, and be led by others," he added.
Fmr. IDF Head Halutz: Iran Threat 'Not Existential'

Same issue, different opinions

The Question IS .... What IS the real goal ??

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Well this is the date they wish to put forward then.....i imagine that it will come to pass on nr near those days....
If theres any dark of the moon phases in that bunch id say that would be the time.....
Perhaaps they will have the new US big daddy bunker busters ready earlier than the july delivery date weve heard given....????
I am sure that isreal is first on the customer list for them.....

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Yup.... watching Wolf Blitzer discuss this on CNN right now.

It almost feels imminent to me now.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Regardless of what Netumyahoo thinks, the world doesn't revolve around Israel.
Obama knows an attack on Iran would have huge Economic repercussions that will throw off a already fragile recovery. The US populace is already tired of the last ten years of war.
Attacking Iran has no win scenario for Obama.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
You know I've been talking to quite a few of my active duty friends and we all have came to the same conclusion even tho most others disagree with it. I think its bs that Israel and the us and the idiots in the eu think they have any right to attack anyone, I mean the us and damn near every other country that agrees with the us has nukes but now its ok for them to say well we will just attack anyone who tries to build anything nuclear in their OWN country..... It's ridiculous since when did it become the US of the World???? I'm sorry if I offend anyone but if even our own troops can see the problem like most the population does so the govt knows most feel they have absolutely NO right but yet it will still happen and as usual we will read some BS headline like " the US and Israeli joint venture saved us yet again from a pending TERRORIST attack with WMD" i just think its getting so out of hand that eventually some country will attack us out of fear for us policing the freaking world.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
LOL sorry man, I just realized i posted this article on another thread of yours. I had not seen this thread yet at that time...

They are out of control and have Iran backed into a corner. I just hope Russia or someone steps in and stops this, even though that's doubtful. We all know Obama's tough talk is nothing but a charade.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
LOL sorry man, I just realized i posted this article on another thread of yours. I had not seen this thread yet at that time...

They are out of control and have Iran backed into a corner. I just hope Russia or someone steps in and stops this, even though that's doubtful. We all know Obama's tough talk is nothing but a charade.

No problem !

According to someone else, we have too many Iran topics anyway

Wait till they the next one !

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Cool, let israel attack Iran and her allies.
As long as the US sits this one out I'm good with it.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Israel need to watch themselves. Anyone who can shoot down an undamaged, state of the art, reverse engineered drone must have a few tricks up their sleeves. If they have not focused on nuclear up until now as they are being accused of, what the hell have they been spending on to protect their country? With that the Iranians have some good allies as well who have no worries arming them and any mther country in the region.

This will not be any war if the persians are attacked, this will be a religious war with dire consequences.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I doubt Panetta would say that to a reporter.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Looks like they've got the missle tech....

Warheads....now thats a different matter....

www.ynetnews.com...

new topics

top topics

join