It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google starting to censor blogs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Ok, this is starting to be a little unsettling. I dunno about you but his feel like the tip if the SOPA/PIPA iceberg showing it's ugly head again.

Following Twitter’s decision last month to begin censoring the messages of users based on restrictions of their respective countries, Google has followed suit and announced that it will begin a similar practice with its own blogging service.

Google to censor blogs
edit on 2-2-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Good, so us in the UK won't be affected by US internet censorship

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
If this keeps up, I'm going to have to start boycotting everything but my cotton-picking record player. May be time to dial my life back to zero :/

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Typical!

You know something... I'm not surprised. Soon it'll be the entreprenurs who will suffer. I'm glad I don't have an online business or I'd be squeaking my pants right about now, especially if most of the customers come from other countries.

But there is an answer to this and it is summed up in one word... Boycott!!

I'm beginning to develop a serious kinship with that word!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Google has been making less and less sense these days. I can't help but find their actions a kind of "Self- Mutilation" All their censoring is just going to make users avoid their services.

I stopped using Google some time ago (although I still have to watch videos from You-Tube) when their search engine began filtering my results.. Or rather omitting them. I'm not sure when they begun doing this, but it was clear to me that if I typed into the Google search box something controversial the results I got where not at all related. However, If I typed the same thing into Yahoo, or any other of the numerous search engines; My results where on par with what I was looking for, or at the least mildly related.

Still, I'd like to how this pans out. I can't imagine it being very good for Google in the long run..

edit on 2-2-2012 by Inquisitive1 because: Ammeded errors.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Its a private company with terms and conditions, people saying they want to boycott google are hypocrites. ATS censors posts too, are they involved in some big bad conspiracy? No, because they are a private LLC with terms and conditions. Know your rights and stop pretending you know them.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Seeeee ya'll, they didn't need SOPA after all.

It's just a matter of time before all major ISP's and forums do this. Don't worry, it'll be swift and painless....I promise

edit on 2-2-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inquisitive1
Google has been making less and less sense these days. I can't help but find their actions a kind of "Self- Mutilation". Besides their backing of SOPA, and it's grandaddy ACTA;

backing of SOPA? Funding research that shows less people would invest money in an economy if SOPA was enacted hardly counts as backing.
www.booz.com...
Or how about this?
www.google.com...

Do you think about the things you say or do you just repeat what you hear?
Google does not want SOPA around, what do you think would happen to youtube if SOPA passed. 90 percent of everything on youtube is copyrighted. If it is not a song,movie clip or TV show it is another user's video.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

You got me
. I seemed to have confused Google with something/someone else. In any case, I've removed my mistakes. Still, I'm getting mixed messages from Google, But at least I'll try to not mix them up. Thanks for setting me straight.

new topics

top topics

join