It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: TSA agent at JFK stole $5K from passenger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Alexandra Schmid took the cash from the jacket of a Bangladeshi passenger as it went along an X-ray conveyor belt at around 8 p.m. Wednesday, said Al Della Fave, spokesman for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey's police force.

"In viewing the surveillance video, we observed her removing the currency from the victim's jacket pocket," Della Fave said.

The video showed Schmid wrapping the money in a plastic glove and taking it to a bathroom, he said.

The money hasn't been recovered, Della Fave said. Police are investigating whether Schmid gave it to another person in the bathroom.

Not only will your beloved government workers fondle your little ones and elders, they will rob you blind. These are your hard earned tax dollars at work. It's time to privatize this joke of an agency. The TSA was created right after 9/11 and haven't uncovered an actual threat since it formed. I believe it costs $9 billion a year to operate.

matadornetwork.com...
edit on 2-2-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Don't privitize it. Get rid of it all together. Bring back the metal detector, wonds and sniffer dogs. That's all that is needed. If some guy who's messed up in the head want to blow up a plane, he'll do it no matter what kind of security they have.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Jesus, have TSA ever done anything good? It just gets more ridiculous as time moves on...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

These guys are under trained..and I used that term trained loosely, under paid, and usually have and abundance of lack of intellect.
He was only trying to supplement his income. I mean...he is charged with stopping terrorist and protecting the US from more 9-11 type attacks. He needed the money far more than this passenger did. After all...he's the one who puts his life on the line every day.

/end sarcasm.

Scrap these idiots. Come up with something new where they have trained actual law enforcement agents who know how to handle themselves in case of an actual emergency. Every day we are hearing more and more stories of the blunders, stupidity or outright criminal conduct from this group of thugs.

I hate to say it cause it might set a bad president, but bring our troops home from the overseas wars, and use them. I'd certainly feel a lot safer than a TSA agent who couldn't get a job at McDonald's cause he couldn't tell ketchup from mustard.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
With the reputation that the TSA has, I don't see why anyone
would want to work there. CRIMINALS!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

I agree, but that will never happen. At least if it's privatized, there is some sort of accountability. Get well trained employees and most of this nonsense will stop.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

I thought people were exaggerating how bad these goons are. Last week I took a flight for the first time in 3 years, and found out I was wrong.

I was wearing a t-shirt and flip-flops, the least threatening outfit I can imagine, and somehow I was "randomly selected" for an "enhanced security" check, which involved a rather outrageous fondling by some pimple-faced kid with a badge, in front of hundreds of people.

I am in no way a terrorist, but if I was, there's nothing this kid could have done to stop me. The whole thing was completely over the top, and I don't doubt for a second they would have stolen from me if given the chance (though they did try to rob me of my dignity).

I agree with others, the TSA has got to go. They are a harmful joke.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The video showed Schmid wrapping the money in a plastic glove and taking it to a bathroom. He then inserted it in his...
That's why they can't find it

edit on 2-2-2012 by CaPpedDoG because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2012 by CaPpedDoG because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
What? That money was a terrorist threat the agent was just protecting America don't you understand? Some one could have been seriously hurt if was not confiscated...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Oh yeah! I forgot about accountability. I'm so used to seeing none, I though it was a thing of the past.
But yeah, that makes sence. They would infact think twice before removing some old ladies backbrace or diaper or frisking a child.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Eventually they will be taking people's gold fillings and the like. Just saying.

new topics

top topics

join