It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samsung Advert Upsets Iran Big Style

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
New Samsung TV advert has got Iran rather peaved and have stated they will look to ban all Samsung product from the country.

Have a watch before it gets taken offline.

edit on 2-2-2012 by D8ncer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Press TV, have the below comment on the above advert.

Head of Majlis Energy Committee Arsalan Fat'hipour said the double-urgency plan, aimed at imposing a complete ban on buying all Samsung products, would make the company regret making the insulting teaser.

South Korea's giant manufacturer of electronic devices and home appliances produced a teaser shortly after the assassination of the Iranian scientist Mostafa Ahmadi Roshan by Mossad agents in Tehran, in which Iran had been depicted as a primitive society.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by D8ncer

You can see why they would be upset.

Can you imagine a Insurance company using 911 as a back drop to sell life insurance.

Some things should be off the table.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

That was hilarious! There's an app for terrorist bombing. I can see where this might upset a few people, oh well I enjoyed it. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by D8ncer

You can see why they would be upset.

Can you imagine a Insurance company using 911 as a back drop to sell life insurance.

Some things should be off the table.

Advertizing Agencies taking stupid pills....

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by D8ncer

Laughable how these quack countries get so het up about things like this. They just need to lighten up.

Regards

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by D8ncer

Everyone os sooooo sensitive!

If we can't laugh at ourselves... Who can we laugh at?

Is this any different than an American ad poking fun at beer drinking overweight males ( myself included)?

How about a German running around in lederhosen?(because I'm sure all Germans run arounf in lederhosen!)?

Next thing parent groups are going to be upset with the E-Trade "talking baby" commercials and claim that their toddler was offended by the slight!

Lighten up people!

Love
Red

Edit: S&F because it was funny no matter what language that was in. I would have written the scrip the same way!

edit on 2-2-2012 by redzareptile because: I was overwhelmed with LOVE!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Wow. That was awesome. I'm going to buy something samsung just for them pulling that one off. That should be a Super Bowl commercial.

good find

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I wish it was in English, but I get the jist of it.

Iran is just a collective group of crybabies.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
It's a commercial for an Israeli cable network operator that's giving away a free tablet for joining it, I doubt samsung has anything to do with this commercial other than its name being mentioned in it.

Also while I may not find it extremely funny, I don't find it seriously offensive in any way..

Eliad.

new topics

top topics

join