It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Curse Of The Pre-cog's

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthIncarnate
reply to post by Darkblade71

Hmm well the idea of questioning what is real or not stems from the realization that all relies on memory, including precognition, therefore if you actually remember an instance of precognition and then it occurs you find yourself questioning reality as your memories do not match up with the linear time line because you remembered something before it happened, which then leads you to believe the 'actual you' must be in the future and that the current 'you' is simply an echo of such. Or maybe you just have good coping skills

Hi Truth.
Thank you for this most interesting thread . It would be nice if we could solve HOW and WHY we have these.

S&F.
Have had several precogs and my, how they CAN throw you ''off''. I have always attributed this to having maybe dreamed something beforehand *when I dON't remember a dream*, too I feel a lot of our senses are God given. * and this goes both ways, depending on who your master is*.

Look forward to reading more of the discussion...I may chime in every now and then!
Very interesting ... and it would be nice if we could HONE IN at ANY time, wouldn't it?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This is what I think based on speculations and experiences. The future we can see is the result of multiple causes and factors. The reason why our mind can see the future in some ways because we have acquired a partial piece of all the factors leading up to a future. Somehow, our mind can draw connections and associations based on what we know about this one particular knowledge. As if this particular knowledge can gain us access to network pathway of a possible future. I think this is the same reason why we can't know all the futures but just part of it.

Having the ability to see the future can be a problem if you see yourself in it.
The worst case is that when you believe you are the agent that is causing this possible future to unfold. I think we have to separate ourselves from this future time line. We have to first determine if you are part of this timeline. This isn't so hard if this particular future is happening somewhere else like in another country. Very unlikely your timeline is interfering with the other timeline. If this particular future will happening within your timeline, you have to make choice. To choose to act or not to act.

I have an example. I thought this is funny. I received a W2 form from my old work place that I left 2 years ago. The W2 form is for 2011. How? Maybe my name is still with the company's payroll. I stopped working for this company during 2010. My income isn't much this year being self-employed. I was thinking about filing my taxes with this W2 form. It will increase my tax refunds. Last night I dream about something very disturbing. I was stalked by some machines. My companions and this machine converged at one point. At this point, I thought I have defeated these machines. It turned out my companions were these machines at the end. I was surrounded in a room. I couldn't defeat them and eventually got thrown out from the windows. In this dream, I was tricked and deceived by a group of machines because I thought I could outrun them. Now, if I were to file my taxes with this W2 form with the intention to get more refunds, IRS will be on my ass later in the future....while I was trying to live my life with my companions.
edit on 4-2-2012 by ChiForce because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2012 by ChiForce because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Thanks Tayesin.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Haven't posted in this thread for a while, as im the OP i feel i should chime in now and again so here goes :

All life is but an instance, we 'compartmentalize' this instance into a millions of other instances (the smallest observable measurement of which is seconds) by doing this it produces the illusion we are passing 'through time' but time is really just our own mind splitting the 'whole' original instance into a series of smaller 'comprehensible instances'.

Maybe precognition is reaching an 'in-between state' in which this process of 'compartmentalization' is altered in some way, allowing the pre-cog the ability to appear as if they can see / experience the future, it is only when this experience is reflected upon (such as initiating thought instead of simply 'being') that the experience ends.

Its like being in a dream, you are like an empty vessel simply experiencing all that the external world is causing when in a precognitive state, this is because what you are doing is existing in two states of mind, the first is the 'future you' this future you acts as a vessel for the other state 'the current you', the 'current you' is basically taking a 'back seat ride' and really has no control over anything, it is the 'future you' (the vessel you occupy while in the precognitive state) that makes all the decisions, the 'current you' is simply observing said actions.

Its kind of hard to explain, but i think i should make it clear that what i am describing in the previous paragraphs is the most direct precognitive experience you can have (direct in the sense that you are experiencing the actual future rather than probable futures) there are deeper states that allow a pre-cog to not only view but also actively decide what possible futures exist, when in these states 'you' dont 'exist' yet, as in the future you are effecting / viewing is still undecided, its a much deeper state but it is present always.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Haven't posted in this thread for a while, as im the OP i feel i should chime in now and again so here goes :

All life is but an instance, we 'compartmentalize' this instance into a millions of other instances (the smallest observable measurement of which is seconds) by doing this it produces the illusion we are passing 'through time' but time is really just our own mind splitting the 'whole' original instance into a series of smaller 'comprehensible instances'.

Maybe precognition is reaching an 'in-between state' in which this process of 'compartmentalization' is altered in some way, allowing the pre-cog the ability to appear as if they can see / experience the future, it is only when this experience is reflected upon (such as initiating thought instead of simply 'being') that the experience ends.

Its like being in a dream, you are like an empty vessel simply experiencing all that the external world is causing when in a precognitive state, this is because what you are doing is existing in two states of mind, the first is the 'future you' this future you acts as a vessel for the other state 'the current you', the 'current you' is basically taking a 'back seat ride' and really has no control over anything, it is the 'future you' (the vessel you occupy while in the precognitive state) that makes all the decisions, the 'current you' is simply observing said actions.

Its kind of hard to explain, but i think i should make it clear that what i am describing in the previous paragraphs is the most direct precognitive experience you can have (direct in the sense that you are experiencing the actual future rather than probable futures) there are deeper states that allow a pre-cog to not only view but also actively decide what possible futures exist, when in these states 'you' dont 'exist' yet, as in the future you are effecting / viewing is still undecided, its a much deeper state but it is present always.

What you are describing is a parallel universe but interconnected in some way with a linear time and space, which I think it is a contradiction. Somehow, there is a future unfolding already with you in it. Whatever this future you is doing, it changes your current you. This won't work because a future is always a probability of events happening now. What you can see in your dreams and visions are just a probable future. You may see multiple futures as well depending on your will and intentions. To assume this probable futures are real or the real future, you can't decide which futures is real. To assume this multiple futures are real, you are assuming there are many yous existed in this futures. I am sorry. This would just putting your own will and intentions in the hands of some future you that may or may not exist.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I remember driving down the road with a buddy of mine once, and he said he was going to pull off of the highway and throw snow on the windshield because the wipers were not working. As soon as he said that, I saw like an old movie, it was even black and white, the truck being sucked into the ditch because there was no shoulder, only snow that looked like a shoulder, and then a lot of state trooper cars pulling up behind us.

No sooner did I see that and had just started saying "No don't!" when the truck got sucked into the ditch.

The only difference between what I saw happen and what really did happen, was that in the end, there was only one state trooper that pulled up, the truck was impounded, and I had to bail it out for him costing me around 300 bucks.

I have often wondered why I saw so many law enforcement in my vision and only one that pulled up. These are the mysteries I wonder about really. I don't wonder how it happens, I know how it happens to some extent, at least with me. Simply put, the more I tune into myself and my own "being", the more these things happen.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiForce

What you are describing is a parallel universe but interconnected in some way with a linear time and space, which I think it is a contradiction. Somehow, there is a future unfolding already with you in it. Whatever this future you is doing, it changes your current you. This won't work because a future is always a probability of events happening now. What you can see in your dreams and visions are just a probable future. You may see multiple futures as well depending on your will and intentions. To assume this probable futures are real or the real future, you can't decide which futures is real. To assume this multiple futures are real, you are assuming there are many yous existed in this futures. I am sorry. This would just putting your own will and intentions in the hands of some future you that may or may not exist.

Wow, errm...i think you may actually be right, i dont believe in the 'parallel universe interconnected with linear time' but everything else seems spot on, thanks for the contribution, i hope you can offer more helpful opinions like that in the already existing future

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

'tuning' is about the best metaphor i can think of as well, its not the exact expression of the experience but its pretty close.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthIncarnate

I have always tried to look at it as being a radio receiver/transmitter.

To me that is how my head best rationalizes it, or at least how I used to. I don't really give it much thought now anymore. It just seems that as I start to go deep into meditation and center myself, and become more intune with my own feelings and sense of self, I become more aware on some level psychically.

Pretty strange, and have no true understanding of it other than my own experiences to base things off of. It is almost like I receive a "shock" thought.

Lately I have been beginning to realize that I seem to be specialized.
I don't know if there is such a thing, but I seem to relive death.
The moment when a person dies.
I pick up the trauma on a psychic level.
Or at least that is what my last experience was.
And it made me realize that it is not the first time, nor will it be the last.
I don't think that qualifies as pre-cog....lol
As it is the past that I experience now.
Odd stuff.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Don't forget that a lot of our visions about the future, at least for me, are expressed in metaphors. If the future is already existed, I don't see any reasons why our visions would still appear as metaphors. I think the term "linear time and space" is somewhat dubious if we believe that our future yous are affecting, in reverse timeline, our current yous.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

What is expressed in terms of ability is caused by each of our own individual gifts (or traits), maybe you possess some sort of quality that allows you to experience such a thing as another persons death ?

As for the tuning thing, i think about like the vibration of a string, i try and 'still' the 'string' to a point where it 'vibrates' at a level equal to my surroundings, once i reach this point i find even when standing it doesnt feel like i am 'balancing' my body, rather it feels as if it is 'centered' or 'in line' with a much greater 'string'.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

What i find interesting is how you can treat everyday observable life as a metaphor, for example if i were to have a waking experience that i was confronted with a child with a knife i would treat it like :

the child is a metaphor for my own youth, the knife a phallic metaphor for sexuality , the experience has arisen because my conscious mind is finding it hard to accept that youth (innocence) will be transformed into sexuality (knowing).

You could go even further and say that the child is also experiencing a psycho sexual metaphor in that he is confronting an adult (in his unconscious mind his father) with a phallic object (sexuality) in an attempt to overcome the last stage of his Oedipus complex (fear of his father castrating him because he has sexual feelings for his mother)

in essence the child would be confronting his own metaphorical father with his raw sexuality in an unconscious attempt to be like his own father (show strength, knowledge etc)

Or you could treat it like an everyday mugging

edit on 6-2-2012 by TruthIncarnate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Hell,
for all I know it could be caused by sleep apnea

But I am fairly certain it is tied to hyper-vigilance.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join