It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Curse Of The Pre-cog's

page: 3
9
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthIncarnate
 


Lol. I didn't realize you were OP Truth. Sometimes I miss the most obvious things!

Just curious now how many have had pre-cognitive experiences. I will start the bidding and say that I have, but have never known they were until later. At no point have I ever felt uprooted from linear time though.

I wish I could pre-cog myself some winning lottery #'s !!!!




posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71
 


Hmm well the idea of questioning what is real or not stems from the realization that all relies on memory, including precognition, therefore if you actually remember an instance of precognition and then it occurs you find yourself questioning reality as your memories do not match up with the linear time line because you remembered something before it happened, which then leads you to believe the 'actual you' must be in the future and that the current 'you' is simply an echo of such. Or maybe you just have good coping skills



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I had a pre cog only once that I can remember. It happened when I dreamed of an event, and 1 month later it all happened again. I remember dreaming, and the dream started off with me walking out onto a beach, that had a wooden dock going out to a little bay. I was walking with my uncle down to the beach, not the dock, where a guy have never seen before was standing next to whats known as a laser boat. The laser is a small sail boat, one sail built for two people to race in, much like the sunfish but a little bigger, if anyone knows what I am talking about. Anyways I remeber exactly what the man looked like and the boat. The boat was white, and the only color was that of the sail, which was off white, and the color of the label LASER which was in red. The man was a little taller than me probably about 6 ft, and wore red swimtrunks. This was the first time I had ever seen this man, and a sailboat like this one, before that I didn't know they made them this small. In the dream my uncle offered that I give it a go, and so we pushed it out to the bay and sailed, not 25 seconds later the wind kicked up enough to flip the boat. Then I woke up.

About a month later, I was visiting my uncle. My uncle had a new roommate named Andy, and my uncle said something about him getting a new boat. This was a month later, and I had forgotten the dream, it had no significance yet. We go to meet him at a beach, and walking down towards it, I was suddenly hit with an odd feeling. After reading your post, it felt exactly as if, I wasn't sure if I was dreaming or not. And for a few seconds I contemplated whether or not it was really happening. It was one of the most bizarre feelings I've ever had.



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sixswornsermon
reply to post by TruthIncarnate
 

Just curious now how many have had pre-cognitive experiences. I will start the bidding and say that I have, but have never known they were until later. At no point have I ever felt uprooted from linear time though.


The partitioning of the timeline in such a way that one thinks of it as "pre-cognition" reveals the author's personal perception of being rooted in linear time.


I wish I could pre-cog myself some winning lottery #'s !!!!


If you do, it will probably be for the wrong drawing.



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthIncarnate
 


I always viewed it as just my mind going forward and back in time, although I dunno if that is what happens, thats just how my mind accepts it.



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The1Prettiest1One
 


Interesting point. I prefer to think of time as non-linear, but interpreted by my own hardware as linear, mainly for the preservation of my own sanity!

So you are saying that the #'s would be wrong because the precognition depicts a reality that "may" occur?



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by UdonNiedtuno

Along these lines I sure as hell wish I would have realized sooner that what my intuition told me the scientific method and logical reasoning were was a hell of a lot more accurate than what school taught me it was.



The #1 Tool of a Con is the Art of Confusion.




The theme song's name was The Entertainer. Ever wonder who/what it is We are Entertaining?


Ribbit



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sixswornsermon
reply to post by TruthIncarnate
 


Lol. I didn't realize you were OP Truth. Sometimes I miss the most obvious things!

Just curious now how many have had pre-cognitive experiences. I will start the bidding and say that I have, but have never known they were until later. At no point have I ever felt uprooted from linear time though.

I wish I could pre-cog myself some winning lottery #'s !!!!


Dont you know the lottery is rigged
? As for precognitive experiences i think as OP i cant answer that question as it will inevitably have an effect on how people read the contents of this thread..



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthIncarnate
 


Fair enough.

I will check in on this thread later!



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by TruthIncarnate
 


I always viewed it as just my mind going forward and back in time, although I dunno if that is what happens, thats just how my mind accepts it.


Thats how I look at it. Our bodies are physically tied to space and time. But our consciousness isn't is it?



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon
 


I would agree with this post in that precognition reveals all possible 'routes' through an 'event' and it is during the precognitive process you decide which 'route' you will take in the 'real world' < rough description



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by The1Prettiest1One

Originally posted by sixswornsermon
reply to post by TruthIncarnate
 

Just curious now how many have had pre-cognitive experiences. I will start the bidding and say that I have, but have never known they were until later. At no point have I ever felt uprooted from linear time though.


The partitioning of the timeline in such a way that one thinks of it as "pre-cognition" reveals the author's personal perception of being rooted in linear time.



But a Circle can be linear in Nature as well as a Line.




Ribbit



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by TruthIncarnate
 


I always viewed it as just my mind going forward and back in time, although I dunno if that is what happens, thats just how my mind accepts it.


Thats how I look at it. Our bodies are physically tied to space and time. But our consciousness isn't is it?


Flip IT!


Ribbit



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I have had several substantial instances of 'deja-vu' throughout my life. Normally they were very momentary, like a screenshot that I had seen before. Recently I have had two bouts that were very intense and lasted for awhile, like nearly a minute that I had felt I had already lived. In one case it was a work meeting I was leading and it was profound enough to completely throw me off track. In not one instance have I ever had a sense of what the source of the original was, i.e. a dream, or vision, or what? I don't know. They are almost always only visual and usually happen 2-3 times a year since I was 6 or 7. Though the recent intense experiences were auditory and visual.

It is strange to write this out because I have never really given it much thought, I always dismissed it as being 'impossible' to be anything more than my imagination. It is only in the past 4 months that I have started to explore spirituality in any capacity. And it has only taken that long to at least make me consider there is more to it than simply imagination.



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sixswornsermon
reply to post by The1Prettiest1One
 


Interesting point. I prefer to think of time as non-linear, but interpreted by my own hardware as linear, mainly for the preservation of my own sanity!

So you are saying that the #'s would be wrong because the precognition depicts a reality that "may" occur?



I think it could easily depict a reality that will occur, but can you exert enough control so that you can pick the numbers, the date and the right lottery? Were they powerball, mega-millions, megabucks, state lotto???

It would take a tremendous amount of control...IMO



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by UdonNiedtuno
I have had several substantial instances of 'deja-vu' throughout my life. Normally they were very momentary, like a screenshot that I had seen before. Recently I have had two bouts that were very intense and lasted for awhile, like nearly a minute that I had felt I had already lived. In one case it was a work meeting I was leading and it was profound enough to completely throw me off track. In not one instance have I ever had a sense of what the source of the original was, i.e. a dream, or vision, or what? I don't know. They are almost always only visual and usually happen 2-3 times a year since I was 6 or 7. Though the recent intense experiences were auditory and visual.

It is strange to write this out because I have never really given it much thought, I always dismissed it as being 'impossible' to be anything more than my imagination. It is only in the past 4 months that I have started to explore spirituality in any capacity. And it has only taken that long to at least make me consider there is more to it than simply imagination.



Could you stand on a beach of white sand and imagine your entire life recorded on a single grain of sand on that beach?

If you can, then try imagining that If you look closely, really closely, you'll find more than one grain with your person's name on IT.


Ribbit



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sixswornsermon
So you are saying that the #'s would be wrong because the precognition depicts a reality that "may" occur?


Every ticket depicts one of those.



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The1Prettiest1One
 


That makes my head hurt!



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sixswornsermon
reply to post by The1Prettiest1One
 


That makes my head hurt!


Really? Think of what my head must feel like.



posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Everything is in cycles, including time.

It appears linear, but is actually one big cycle.

*takes another shot of whiskey*



new topics

top topics



 
9
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join