It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Curse Of The Pre-cog's

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthIncarnate

Self-awareness is agony, more and more the more aware one is, until the delusion passes, then it's meaningless.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon

Awesome post !! A bit of topic but i believe science and spirituality will be brought together by the public realization that art facilitates union between science and religion, hopefully this will snow ball into the realization that we all make our own great works, which in turn make the largest magnum opus

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by The1Prettiest1One

Is the future mutable?

Nein! Resi-stance is fute-able!

U R going to confuse the poor Soul!

Here = Yes & No!

Universe = No & Yes!

Now he/she will understand that much better!

Ribbit

edit on 2-2-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad
I sumtimes wish I was bald. Maybe then I woodn't be pulling my hair out all the Time.

You are. You are ribald.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Not to get too much further off topic, because it is an interesting OP:

I've noticed that when I am creating my best art, my mind is far away, and thinking many thoughts simultaneously. I call it "flow". When I try to reflect upon this in the moment, the moment is lost, and duality is re-established. It's funny that the very mechanism that translates our reality into a digestible form for us, is the same mechanism that causes us so much confusion.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The1Prettiest1One

If you truly believe such then you should logically believe that your comment is also meaningless along with all the words you use.

But seriously all the newspeak is making this thread appeal to a very small demographic, please cut back on it just a bit so people can find the theories being spoken about without having to a mini IQ test.

link   

Originally posted by TruthIncarnate

Awesome post !! A bit of topic but i believe science and spirituality will be brought together by the public realization that art facilitates union between science and religion, hopefully this will snow ball into the realization that we all make our own great works, which in turn make the largest magnum opus

Art & Science taches us We are each a Work of Art!

Its once religion catches up with them, that We will finally have the Perfect Trinity of Trinality.

Ribbit

link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Yes, yes.

Thank you for clearing that all up!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Wow we are really thinking one and the same ! I also experience this, i suppose i translated such an experience into the theory of 'thought forms' in that what you are creating is but the form of a thought and once reflected upon the thought form is a 'whole' and therefore is 'finished' ...kind of hard to explain with words

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sixswornsermon

Not to get too much further off topic, because it is an interesting OP:

I've noticed that when I am creating my best art, my mind is far away, and thinking many thoughts simultaneously. I call it "flow". When I try to reflect upon this in the moment, the moment is lost, and duality is re-established. It's funny that the very mechanism that translates our reality into a digestible form for us, is the same mechanism that causes us so much confusion.

Watch this music video:

Substitue "think" for the werd "say" in the song.

True Awareness comes from kNot thinking at all, IT just FLOWS from U.

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Great thread.

I think that such a realization would turn existence into a polar-dichotomous madhouse. On the one hand, the knowledge that there was a 'more' or a 'beyond' the current perceived reality would be quite fantastic. On the other, the inability to access, or the inability to control access to, the 'beyond' would probably drive me batshat crazy.

I think however, that I would have to continue treating "now" or "awake" as "real". Assuming that we have no additional definitive knowledge of what the other side might be I would default to a belief that I hold presently, which is that 'now' is reality, but that time does not exist. How exactly this is manifested throughout the universe I have no idea: alternate dimensions, now-now entanglement (i.e. maybe pre-cognition is simply a macro state of quantum entanglement, "now-now entanglement"), hell maybe by some unknown mechanism the spirit is capable of jumping from 'now' to 'now' ??? Fun to ponder, potentially scary to realize

cheers

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Dangerous wording there toad, true awareness comes from stillness of thought, not lack of such a structure. Subtle difference but a major difference in effect, one allows man to control man, the other allows all men complete freedom.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well, I wouldn't ever want to say I have any answers, just endless questions.

But I do know that if I could remember my lessons from this life, I would choose to be a priest / monk / shahman, following no school of thought other than living simply, sitting under a tree, and pondering existence. I would reject materialism and the corporeal entirely, save for having lots and lots and lots of beautiful children.

Again, sorry for topical drift in this thread OP. Not sure why your posted material sent me in this direction!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

If you truly believe such then you should logically believe that your comment is also meaningless along with all the words you use.

Damn! You're good! Right to the heart of the matter.

But seriously all the newspeak is making this thread appeal to a very small demographic, please cut back on it just a bit so people can find the theories being spoken about without having to a mini IQ test.

Are you referring to the neologistic stylisms in reference to noesis?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by UdonNiedtuno

Ah so many great contributors to this thread, i again agree with your train of thought.

The ability to comprehend a new experience requires the individual to relate the new experience to at least 2 well known concepts, by merging the two well known concepts a comprehensible third concept which can be applied to the new experience may be made. So maybe treating the waking life as 'real' even though you know different isnt such a bad idea after all

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sixswornsermon
Well, I wouldn't ever want to say I have any answers, just endless questions.

But I do know that if I could remember my lessons from this life, I would choose to be a priest / monk / shahman, following no school of thought other than living simply, sitting under a tree, and pondering existence. I would reject materialism and the corporeal entirely, save for having lots and lots and lots of beautiful children.

Again, sorry for topical drift in this thread OP. Not sure why your posted material sent me in this direction!

Along these lines I sure as hell wish I would have realized sooner that what my intuition told me the scientific method and logical reasoning were was a hell of a lot more accurate than what school taught me it was.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by UdonNiedtuno

Agreed, most schooling is based around the idea of facilitating psycho-sexual development and pandering to base instinct . learning is second priority in most schools.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Dangerous wording there toad, true awareness comes from stillness of thought, not lack of such a structure. Subtle difference but a major difference in effect, one allows man to control man, the other allows all men complete freedom.

I didn't say lack of. Ever watch a sleeping cat? Dew you kNot see what IT is saying?

Remember sumthing, Zero occupies a finite amount of Space & Time, sew Zero is kNot the proverbial NOthing, it is SumThing, although NOthing, all-in-one.

Contradictions! Yew either Love'm or Hate'm!

Each and everyOne of We control our own thoUghts but what happens If yew let go of the Control and just Go-with-the-Flow?

Ever try IT? Yew should!

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I dont think i have ever seen someone make a point so flamboyantly, well done indeed.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have never had to question if I was "dreaming" or not.

I don't see the point, at least from my experience. When pre-cog happens, as you put it OP, it makes you feel deja vu, and as far as I can tell, thats about it, maybe a ringing in the ears and a blue tint to everything for a few minutes, but that is about it, It never had made me question what was real and what was not. At least not in my immediate surroundings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join