It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Curse Of The Pre-cog's

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Where to begin ? Well how about with a some clarity for anyone who is wondering what a 'pre-cog' is :

A 'Pre-Cog' is an individual who possesses the ability to 'see' or otherwise 'experience' events before they happen, here's a wiki link if anyone wants a deeper definition

wiki : Precognition

Most precognitive phenomena occurs during a shift in awareness, the most common of which is the dream state (most common because it occurs more often than any other significant shift in consciousness) however people have also claimed to have experienced precognition due to a consciousness shift caused by intense emotion, biological disruption (such as a near death experience) or sensory deprivation, the important thing to know is that on the face of it precognition requires a shift from our everyday 'auto-pilot' awareness. In this thread i will be focusing on 'dream state cognition', but people are welcome to discuss the other 'states'.

Now as the title suggests i do am not going to focus on the causes of precognition, but rather its effects. Again people are welcome to discuss possible causes, if pushed for an opinion i would likely put it down to an unknown variable having an effect on the central nervous system and therefore perception, this effect is likely to be bio-electrical in nature but the cause (unknown variable) may be bio-chemical, anyway that's enough of that.

What effects of precognition do i want to discuss ? Psychological and perceptual are the main loci of this thread.
The most obvious effect by definition on a perceptual basis is time distortion, time distortion can be defined as :

'unknowing in which order events proceeded, in other words : not being able to tell which events can be classed as 'before' and 'after' - but why is this important, well it is the very basis of the 'curse of the pre-cogs' in that a pre-cog 'gains' non-linear time. For them 'before' and 'after' have no meaning, as time no longer moves 'forward' rather it 'expands'.

Why is this such a curse for 'pre-cogs' ? Because of the psychological effects of being able to dream the future and then living that dream several months later, a pre-cog no longer knows when 'now' 'is'. For example imagine dreaming the future, and then several months later you experience what you dreamt, wouldn't your mind conclude that you were still dreaming ? Its a hard concept to grasp but in essence a pre-cog is no longer sure if they can 'see into the future' or if they can simply 'return to the past'.

-this clip may help you understand how 'now' is relative for a pre-cog. (in case i didn't write the link properly play the video from time stamp 08.15)

As precognition becomes more common in the individual the lines between a dream and whats 'real' become more blurred, as they are constantly dreaming the future and then living it, what else could they conclude other than that life is a dream and the precognitive dreams are the only 'real' thing, everything else is 'just a =repeat of a dream you dont remember.'

Now most would not think this is such a curse, but the severity expands further: For a pre-cog soon develops an eternal feeling that they are constantly one step behind another version of themselves (or rather a different state of consciousness within themselves) this feeling is characterized by De-ja-vu.

This further causes a new psychological effect: The pre-cog loses identity, in that an identity require temporal 'placement' , for example for an identity to exist it needs to know when 'now' is, but a pre-cog cannot know this.

For existence is the process of experiencing the 'now' but a pre-cog no longer knows what 'now' is, therefore they can no longer fathom an identity or persona for themselves, they realize the truest version of themselves is found in the future, and they are but an 'echo' catching up.

This leads to the final 'cherry' on top of the 'cake' that is the curse of the pre-cogs, they realize that the reality perceived may also be false, it may be a shared dream, an echo, an illusion, whatever its form it is a false one in the eyes of the pre-cog. And so now all they can rely on is there own thoughts, for everything else is 'repeating'.

'I think therefore i am..but in what state?

If you are but an echo..all is already determined

So could you handle such a evolution in mind ? People say they would love to realize that life is a dream, but could you really handle coming to the realization that you may not even exist ? That non of your family is really 'existing'. Would you be able to handle the psychological effects of having what you think defines 'you' slowly dissolve into a new evolved state?

Share your tips on how you would handle such things, how you would 'track' 'before' and 'after', how would you rationalize the realization that all is perceived as being already determined, how would you handle 'the curse of the precog '??

(On a side note i believe precognition further causes more changes within the mind..but that's another topic..)

edit on 2-2-2012 by TruthIncarnate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Ah Pre-cog is but an abbreviation of 'precognition' and applied to an individual not a process (although an individual could be said to be a set of processes)

@ Gwampo

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthIncarnate

Something fishy here...Didn't the basis of that term come from a movie????

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthIncarnate
www.youtube.com...#

Youtube link that works ! play from 08m15s

Put this code in the url link on your OP:

xJVq9y1yyHA

The secret to getting that way to werk is to ignore the "http" portion and just paste the file name in the script box.

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

www.youtube.com...#

Youtube link that works ! play from 08m15s

Put this code in the url link on your OP:

xJVq9y1yyHA

Nooooooooooooooooo!!! Don't listen to him. It's a trap! You should've known that. I am disappoint.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Please people, the video is the least important part of this thread !!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

...could you really handle coming to the realization that you may not even exist ? That non of your family is really 'existing'.

Maybe it sounds crass or glib, but I wish everyday, EVERY FRELLING DAY, that it's true.

Would you be able to handle the psychological effects of having what you think defines 'you' slowly dissolve into a new evolved state?

It's the psychological effects of being in this state that I have a problem with.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by The1Prettiest1One

Haha interesting comments, however i think anyone who experiences a change they cannot understand (such as the realization that reality isnt 'real') wants to revert back to a state that they do understand (such as auto-pilot)

I used to think i had courage or was fearless, then i realized it was just that i had a high threshold for pain and that i never had a choice to be anything but

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The1Prettiest1One

...could you really handle coming to the realization that you may not even exist ? That non of your family is really 'existing'.

Maybe it sounds crass or glib, but I wish everyday, EVERY FRELLING DAY, that it's true.

I'm telling Mom yew said that!

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I don't think any moments really relate to one another at all. I suppose that's a "thought disorder" that's taken seriously in physics, even if controversial.

Everything could be determined, even "set in concrete", yet still be present to be expecienced in every permutation.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Haha interesting comments, however i think anyone who experiences a change they cannot understand (such as the realization that reality isnt 'real') wants to revert back to a state that they do understand (such as auto-pilot)

I used to think i had courage or was fearless, then i realized it was just that i had a high threshold for pain and that i never had a choice to be anything but

I have zero threshold for pain.

But when yew realize this is an illusion, what's 2 fear?

The kewl thing IS, the illusion isn't 4ever and stoopidity doesn't reign the Universe, only dumbazz brothers!

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I completely agree, although i have to be honest i was not expecting such an insightful comment this early on in the thread, thanks for the valuable contribution.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I don't think any moments really relate to one another at all. I suppose that's a "thought disorder" that's taken seriously in physics, even if controversial.

Everything could be determined, even "set in concrete", yet still be present to be expecienced in every permutation.

We've all had moments that We can relate to, it's just We forgot those moments.

Butt that's the subject matter of this thread, those that haven't forgotten those moments.

Sew eYe must ask, has anyone ever met sumone like that?
eYe have, sew eYe know they dew exist!

Ribbit

edit on 2-2-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Ah i have been following you all over ATS for a long time and have realized that your comments are on many 'levels' however it must be said that once you reach a certain point you realize most cannot understand until they experience, and that sharing any knowledge consciously is an effort in futility, which begs the question 'which level are you on toad ? '

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

'Tis "Xero-4 ever". "Now!" is an agony.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I think one would be surprised just how common a precognitive dream actually is. I think that is what is less common, is for one to recognize the dream / vision / whatever for what it is, and especially for those born into a hyper materialistic society.

I think most people simply have their mind closed to such possibilities. After all, if we cannot quantify or qualify something, it must simply be a figment of our imagination. I for one, await the eventual melding of spirituality and science.

Not sure what to think about how a strong pre-cog perceives "reality". It would be a nightmare not to have a strong sense of what is real, and begs another question : Is the future mutable?

edit on 2-2-2012 by sixswornsermon because: spelling ........ahh forget it

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Ah i have been following you all over ATS for a long time and have realized that your comments are on many 'levels' however it must be said that once you reach a certain point you realize most cannot understand until they experience, and that sharing any knowledge consciously is an effort in futility, which begs the question 'which level are you on toad ? '

I'm on the bottom and the top, the inside and the outside, the right and the left.

I agree that sharing the truth with those that have kNot the eAr to see nor the eYe to hear, can seem futile butt One day they will wake up and realize they've been drinking the sand.

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

'Now' only becomes compartmentalized once reflected upon, the basis of this mechanism of reflection being self awareness (and therefore individuality) so do you mean to say self awareness is but agony? Because i believe differently

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon

Is the future mutable?

Nein! Resi-stance is fute-able!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

'Tis "Xero-4 ever". "Now!" is an agony.

Xero Nero!

I sumtimes wish I was bald. Maybe then I woodn't be pulling my hair out all the Time.

I realize I could cut/shave it off but then I'd look like yew!

Ribbit

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join