Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

My Dad is on the NatGEO "Doomsday Preppers". And I'm proud of him!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Being proud of you father is good healthy and normal, However when things get live and serious...
There is no way to hide.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Thanks much for sharing. Ten years of supplies,etc., that is awesome, great work. Good, get the word out as many others are interested more in how to prep . From experience a lot more people lately that I've talked to, are asking for advise. I'll be sure to pass this on!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

First rule of Fight Club is, you don't talk about fight club!

Yeah given the option of bunkering in place or bugging out, the first best choice is always to stay with all of your goodies and preps, bugout is a last ditch effort.
This guy just went from a to z on the plan scale.
Congrats!!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I thought it was a great display of organization and the result of practice. It wasn't just about how many cans of chilli they have, or how hidden they can remain. It was nice actually seeing how one group performs the bug out procedure without hysteria or drama. So many people are all talk, he and his group proved that isn't the case with everyone. It gives those who are teetering on some issues an idea of what they can acieve if they are organized.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing! Indeed, you should be proud of him

In regards to people saying that showing / discussing the compound "ruins" it or makes it pointless, I would disagree with them.

Because your Dad is directly bringing awareness to prepping, more people will be prepped, meaning less people will be causing problems.

And even those people who are out to cause harm, they don't stand a chance against a Veteran Green Beret

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Was that a pistol-grip MB 500 on his back?

Great video and I wish I was that organized!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by remyrange

Just out of curiosity, does he get paid for letting them come out there? I would imagine so.

If so, he could use the money to buy one of those sweet missile silos.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
this is so badass. the goats were even trained for a "bug out" and surviving for ten years on a busload of supplies plus livestock is amazing! thanks th

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I think it's awesome. People always say "better safe than sorry" in situations. I don't see what it hurts to live by that philosophy. Unfortunately people that do this often are investigated or harassed by the government. Going on t.v. was probably a good idea. They showed everyone they aren't crazy paranoids, and got their names out which helps to ensure we wont hear about the government invading a compound full of weapons and crazies in a future news article.

It's really not that crazy either. It is useful just in case they fell on hard times. If they could survive any situation for ten years, then they could survive losing employment and just basic hard times easy cheesy.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by remyrange
reply to post by saltdog

Trust me, I totally agree. I was initially surprised when Paul told me. I have personally felt conflicted about opsec for him as well. He and I have had a conversation about this. I get the feeling thy getting the message out is more important for him.

Also, his location is remote, so to get any problems, people would have to do a lot of forward planning to get there and hope to get in uninvited. He is a very friendly and giving person, but is a veteran green beret and can take care of himself and his own.

They give survival classes monthly. They were not under the radar as it is. Look them up on the net and if you look hard enough you will find their classes.

Thank you for expressing your concern in such a positive and informing way!

I listened to the live on air show tonight, then went to the chat room, there are people here that aren't prepared and are needing help or have questions. Some of these people are women, so be kind guys.
It got me thinking about the show thats mentioned in this tread, clips and all the video's that we have all watched to gain knowledge and improve our skills...PLUS the show from ATS tonight.
Lets seriously get the word out, to people if they are having questions...to please ask. We are all here to learn something, or to have some form of entertainment...well, put your knowledge and skills to good work and help those that don't know how to help themselves.
I put this here, so hopefully people that are into prepping will see it, because we all need to make a concious effort to help our fellow man/woman.
As for anyone here, feel free to U2U me if you have a question, as you should U2U Semperfortus...or any other productive member of the site...that has posts or treads and ideas..that your needing help with.
Read our posts and treads, use your mind and think for yourself, because you are only limited by your own imagination.
Stack it high, stack it deep...
Keep your lips sealed, or you'll weep.
Maintain OPSEC too people.
edit on 3-2-2012 by saltdog because: spelling

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Dang, he isn't even my dad and I'm proud of him, well, at least we know what your up to when TEOTWAWKI happens
thats a pretty smooth plan there, good luck to you all when TSHTF

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Though i think it is worthwhile learning to survive, i have never been able to include the heavy prepping for a shtf scenario.
I think it important to know the survival techniques, but the idea i think is to go about your life as unafraid as possible.
I have a head full of knowledge but little in the way of definate plans .....
The dangr could come from too many sources to be faced in any totally planned manner.
I am a big believer in self sufficiency and staying loose,
good luck tpo yer parents, and i hope that we all make it through whatever happens.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo

Just out of curiosity, does he get paid for letting them come out there? I would imagine so.

If so, he could use the money to buy one of those sweet missile silos.

I'm honestly not sure if he got paid or not. The topic never came up. I'm sure he would have, but I doubt it is very much. Defiantly not enough enough to buy a missile silo though. Lol
edit on 3-2-2012 by remyrange because: Quote got mixed up

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It's so great that you appreciate what your parents are doing. Thanks for the video, I will make my family and friends watch it.

The government already care so little about us right now, if a big disaster hit us we will mean nothing for them. That's why we must be prepared. I am doing the same, a little bit at time according to my budget.

Need to be blind to not realize about all the great changes in the world happening right now, it has began before 2012, it's undeniable and soon or later we will reach a critical point when a normal life is not going to be possible anymore. To stablish a due date and wait to see what will happen that day is just stupid in so many levels.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Patchman

Yes, his goats are cool. I had a few of them for a while, but had to move and give them up. They are pigmy goats. He just had a couple of new baby goats "kids".

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I look forward to watching that show! I think it looks very interesting and I enjoy reading as well as seeing it in action. I'm so glad my husband is on the same page as me when it comes to survival scenarios!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I just hope they do it better than last years pilot...it was pitiful...made like 2-3 of 4 they showed look like nuts, one was a semi retarded transvestite , no kidding.

I think its cool to see some of these guys show their stuff, but being on the show = 100% guaranty that if they dont move or reroute their plans, they will be over run and taken advantage of if anything happens. I can promise a group of guys will be already planning how to take over these people they show and well there isnt much you can do to stop them when kids and stuff are involved for sure. But the good thing is, in all seriousness. It will never come to this in our lifetime, I wont say its impossible, but highly unlikely. And this is a good thing

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
With natural disasters happening more and more these days, I have stocked up, at two meals a day, three months worth, and a stash of vegetable seeds, with more of my garden going under the spade each year, there really is no harm in being prepared..

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
A little over the top and expensive for most people but cool none the less.

I dont mean this offensively but if your dad is so bent on bug out scenarios, shouldnt he realise the most important aspect of survival besides supplies is being healthy and in shape? If you end up having to walk miles and miles, slowing down the group or getting injured is a death sentence.

Too bad the government will label him a terrorist now for having all of that
edit on 3-2-2012 by A-Dub because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Was that a pistol-grip MB 500 on his back?

Great video and I wish I was that organized!

mossy 500 cruiser

Thanks for sharing this. I look forward to watching this when it airs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join