It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi: A Cathollic Says What?? Vows to stand against her Church...Stands with Satan/Obama

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Obama wasn't content with covering up religious statues in a Catholic University. Now he has to start dictating to Catholic hospitals as well.

And what does that have to do with my question?

It has to do with his agenda.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

It has to do with his agenda.

That's not what I asked. I don't care about his agenda. I asked a question-Are you ok with women suffering with painful conditions without the option of medical treatment for Jesus? If you don't want to answer it just don't respond.
edit on 3-2-2012 by antonia because: rawr

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
You seem very, very confused.

Originally posted by jibeho
She claims to be a Catholic. Clearly in name only. This is not the first time that she has sided against the beliefs of her supposed faith. Shame on her.. She is at it once again.. Pathetic...

Pelosi Vows to Stand With Obama Against Catholic Church; Says Decision Forcing Catholics to Act Against Faith Was ‘Very Courageous’

See...she says that she stands AGAINST the Roman Catholic Church, not Christianity. If she is not for Catholicism, then she is OPPOSING SATAN, not supporting him.

You are a very, very confused person. Maybe you should actually read what you quote first.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
You know what? I'm not a fan of Obama, the Vatican, Catholicism, or any religion. I am, however, a fan of the Constitution. This is wrong. People should be allowed to practice their religion, believe however they want, decide whether or not to purchase birth control, etc., and no government official should ever be able to tell them otherwise.

I'm with you, Catholics.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heehaw
You know what? I'm not a fan of Obama, the Vatican, Catholicism, or any religion. I am, however, a fan of the Constitution. This is wrong. People should be allowed to practice their religion, believe however they want, decide whether or not to purchase birth control, etc., and no government official should ever be able to tell them otherwise.

I'm with you, Catholics.

I disagree with you. I think a fan of the Constitution should be saying everyone has equal rights and should have EQUAL ACCESS TO THE SAME BENEFITS AS OTHERS. In other words, if a secular hospitals insurance offers the option of prescription birth control, then the Catholic hospitals should as well. What about the non-Catholic that is an employee at the hospital? They can't have a vasectomy?

Let us look at this clearly. The Catholic church is not being forced to do the birth control or perform abortions or any surgeries. No Catholic is being forced to use or purchase birth control. They are being told THAT THE INSURANCE COMPANY they use must offer it as an option. It appears to me that the Catholic church is forgetting all about one thing that the God of the Bible offers to all- the freedom of CHOICE- free will- and the ability to decide for themselves. What the Catholic church is trying to do is say "Catholics and non-Catholics that work for our organization can't have the option to choose what they want to do with their own bodies. "

That my friend, is what I call dictatorship!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I think the main argument here is the freedom to practice religion (to do or not do certain things, as the case may be) and the encroaching government intrusion and oppression that seems to be affecting more and more things these days, rather than the specific tenets of a particular faith. Then there is also the issue of Pelosi and her gross hypocrisy; but then again she wouldn't be the first politician to be a hypocrite. I am not a Roman Catholic and there are more than a few things in the Catholic church doctrine that I disagree with, but I will back them all the way in their stand against a wholly unconstitutional law. Pelosi and company's forcing this health care law onto the people is more than enough to justify her spending the rest of her natural life in the nastiest federal prison around (and burning in hell forever if indeed there is such a place).

The thing is that there will come a day (and it's coming very soon IMO) where more and more people will have to stand up to tyranny and simply refuse. Problem is, people do a lot of talking but very few seem to want to actually do (or not do) anything about it. More power to Roman Catholics who pull a Rosa Parks and refuse to do what the law tells them they must do.
And more power to anyone (religious or not) who also refuses these unconstitutional mandates. As noted, I'm not Catholic and I have no problem with contraception, but I have no intention of abiding by any of the measures spelled out in Obamacare. The people have to stand up and say no, whether they are Catholic or not.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Yeah really big difference that tax dollars go to them to save life instead of tax dollars going to planned parenthood and other services and drugs to take it.

If they still have a problem with your view 1st amendment right of freedom of speech.

The vast majority of abortions take place at hospitals, not Planned Parenthood. Try getting facts before propaganda as it does a wonderful job of not tossing your point in the trash along with its erroneous basis. Just trying to help.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
So... in all my life i've never seen a "catholic only" health insurance plan which doesn't cover sexual health. Why is this an issue?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heehaw

I'm with you, Catholics.

If you are a fan of the constitution then you are wrong.
No one is telling them what they have to do.
They are being told what they have to do in order to continue to collect tax dollars; Tax dollars that come from non-catholics such as myself.

I say they should go right ahead and do whatever they want and stop taking my money to keep their doors open. That is not how my constitution reads.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Great, just $@%+%^$ Great! Is this enough, YET! Will this get you deadbeats off your butts and into the voting both? You people on the fence about voting, in November, better get ready, talk to your friends, talk to family members, do whatever you can to help Obama be a one term President. I am at the point, I don't care who the Republicans put up there.....I'm voting against Obama. I'm sick and tired of ALL OF THEM but, Obama has become too dangerous to our way of life and for our country to allow him another term in office. And you, out there trying to live under a rock and listening to Obama tell you things are getting better.....You need to take a good close look at yourself in the mirror and ask if you REALLY believe Obama is acting in YOUR best interest?
This latest White House attack on the Church is the last staw for me. I'm sick of all of Democrats and their misguided beliefs of "We The People", our wants and our needs. Obama is trampling on our Constitution and our Core Beliefs and the rest of the Democrats are following along like a bunch of puppy dogs. I HAV HAD IT!!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
To Still,
Planned Parenthood is the LARGEST abortion provider in the WORLD. Didn't read that at you indoctrination class Comrade.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Zippidee
We do not want to participate in the act of abortion or contraception.

Then don't!

But, this legislation forces Catholics to participate in contraception and abortion with regards to other individuals.

It does not force Catholics to participate in contraception. Jesus!

IT DOES! Jesus!

Forcing a Catholic Church outreach program to pay for abortions and abortificants and birth control DOES mean Catholics are participating in it. Their faith says they can't have anything to do with it .. they can't help others with it. You know this. You've been told this many times.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ballisticmousse
See...she says that she stands AGAINST the Roman Catholic Church, not Christianity. If she is not for Catholicism, then she is OPPOSING SATAN, not supporting him. You are a very, very confused person.

So you are saying that Catholicism = Satanism? Looks like YOU are the very, very confused person.

Originally posted by beezzer
It's a medical service that the church provides.
Government should stay the hell out of church doctrine.

Exactly.

Is the government going to step in and force Jewish delis to start carrying bacon? If not .. then why? The Christian owned deli down the street carries bacon so obviously the Jewish deli is discriminating against it's customers by not having bacon, right? (Sarcasm) Same damn thing as them interfering in the Catholic Church outreach.

I agree with Pelosi on this and I'm glad to see Obama standing up for the people and against the pushiness of the Catholic church.

He's not 'standing up for the people'. He's standing up for big govenrment against the rights of a church to have an outreach program. If he was standing up for the 'the people', he'd be doing everything he could to help keep the Catholic outreach hospitals going because they are usually in the most desperate neighborhoods. But instead, he's playing partisan politics AGAINST 'the people' (the people being both Catholics and the poor in the neighborhoods the hospitals serve). He's more interested in getting the far left vote then in actually helping keep the hospitals doing their outreach to help 'the people' who need them.

As long as they're not forced to USE birth control or WATCH a sexy movie or have sex with someone of the same gender, their right to practice their religion is not being violated.

Wrong. Again ... Catholics are not allowed to help anyone else use birth control or get abortions. Their right to practice their religion is most definately being violated.

Originally posted by beezzer
A catholic hospital should never provide services that fall in direct conflict with the tenets of their beliefs.

And that's the bottom line. Being forced to do that by big government ... that's unconstitutional.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Nancy Peloser has never even had sex! Does she even know what contraception is?
She is so out of touch with reality, calling herself a Catholic! Yeah Nancy, and I'm the Pope!

Ridiculous!

Pax

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join