It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi: A Cathollic Says What?? Vows to stand against her Church...Stands with Satan/Obama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
she was put to the test a failed big time.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The church is making an issue out of nothing. I know for a fact that the employees of certain diocese's do in fact already get preventative care and contraception in their health care plans. The reason I know this is because after my little brother was born my dad went and got a vasectomy. And the insurance company picked it up. If the Church wants to complain that they do not wish to offer their employees plans that cover these services then maybe they need to make sure that they are all playing under the same uniform rules.

This doesn't even begin to cover the other modern day travesties that the church and their corrupt ways effect their employees. When you have an organization pretty much bent on running itself like a business then they need to be treated like business. Really the Government needs to revoke their tax exempt status and quit funding their hospitals and let Rome fund them. They are just as bad as the televangelists. And for the record I am Catholic and have seen how the churches operate internally.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Funny how those bishops are complaining that the ruling infringes on their religious "rights" while their religious traditions meddle in the lives of their followers...quite hypocritical no? Telling them that they need to pay for their employees' anti-contraceptives is hardly satanical or immoral, it's just common sense. If the catholic church operates a hospital which in turn accepts government money either through grants or tax exemption they they should comply with the rulings of the State. I guess separation of Church and State is null when it comes to the Church meddling its ugly head into the State but all hell breaks loose when the State calls on their BS.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
This whole issue is nothing more than distraction.

The Establishment intends to put the abortion issue front and center this election cycle.

As long as people are arguing about when life begins, you will not be discussing things lie the NDAA or the EEA or SOPA, or any number of other things that attack the freedoms of us ALL.

Get it yet?
edit on 3-2-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Wouldn't the Satanic ones be those who are raping young boys and getting off without being charged?

And anyone who defends these same people from state law?

Just wonderin, OP

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Someone actually compared birth control to murder. There is no word in the English language to describe how utterly stupid that is.

You only saw what you want to see. READ AGAIN. Some artificial birth control methods are actually abortificants. Abortion kills a newly concieved human. Therefore, those birth control methods do indeed murder. The Catholic Church does NOT want to pay for people to murder their children. 1 + 1 = 2. This isn't rocket science folks.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
These people are not catholics. Most people who go to the catholic church do not abide by their rules if all catholics were excommnuicated because of the tenets of the church there would be no Catholics. LOL

And to add these politicians could care less about humanity , only give a dam about their "close" family members. All about votes and power. When will we finally wake up. Im hoping to break my kids from the brainwashing that goes on in this world. i always point out the hypocrisy that surrounds them.

Ron Paul may not be the answer but he sure is a good start!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
*warning*

edit on 3/2/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
What I said was somewhat flippant, but in all honesty, why force a religion aganst it's dictates?

No Catholic is forced to take birth control.

It'd be like forcing muslims to eat pork.
Jews to eat non-kosher.
Baptists being forced to dance.

See above. Catholics are not being forced to use contraceptives.

I agree with Pelosi on this and I'm glad to see Obama standing up for the people and against the pushiness of the Catholic church.
edit on 2/3/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

We are talking about being forced to fund birth control in all forms as well as funding of abortions via the holy word of Obamacare. All against the core teachings of the catholic church. This is about the forced mandate to purchase govt. approved insurance!!

“In so ruling, the Administration has cast aside the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, denying to Catholics our Nation’s first and most fundamental freedom, that of religious liberty. And as a result, unless the rule is overturned, we Catholics will be compelled either to violate our consciences, or to drop health coverage for our employees (and suffer the penalties for doing do). The Administration’s sole concession was to give our institutions one year to comply.

“We cannot—we will not—comply with this unjust law.”

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by beezzer
What I said was somewhat flippant, but in all honesty, why force a religion aganst it's dictates?

No Catholic is forced to take birth control.

It'd be like forcing muslims to eat pork.
Jews to eat non-kosher.
Baptists being forced to dance.

See above. Catholics are not being forced to use contraceptives.

I agree with Pelosi on this and I'm glad to see Obama standing up for the people and against the pushiness of the Catholic church.
edit on 2/3/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

Unfortunately,I don't agree with Obama and his administration Polarizing this country.This,and MANY of his actions have done this. Catholics are being forced to bide by the laws this man is putting in place,regardless of the way you want to spin this.

Mandate: an authoritative command; especially : a formal order from a superior court or official to an inferior one

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The Catholic Hospitals have a choice. They can provide comprehensive health care to their employees, stop providing health care to their employees and pay the fine for not doing so or meet the religious exemption.

Twenty-eight states already require contraceptive coverage in prescription drug plans.
The Diocese of Madison, Wis., ended up offering a policy with birth-control coverage, but asked employees to follow church teaching and not use the benefit.

WSJ

Catholics want to avoid birth control, but it's a health issue. The people who work at the hospital have a right to comprehensive health care. No one is being forced to USE birth control.

Catholics don't approve of sex in movies, yet they go into and financially support the same theaters where these sexy movies are shown.

Catholics don't approve of homosexuality, yet they eat at the same restaurants and go to the same churches with homosexuals.

As long as they're not forced to USE birth control or WATCH a sexy movie or have sex with someone of the same gender, their right to practice their religion is not being violated. This is comparable to demanding a special theater that only shows movies Catholics approve of, so they don't have to breath the same air.

This is just a way for the Catholic Church to exert force on the people. They want special treatment. A hospital is a business and social service. If they don't want to operate within the rules, there are other options.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Yeah.

Um, er. . . what they said.
(see above)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

A catholic hospital should never provide services that fall in direct conflict with the tenets of their beliefs.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe
Why would anybody want to side with people who harbor pedophiles and advocates against safe sex?

Why is the government dictating what an insurer should or should not cover? The government should butt out. Just as they dictated insurers to cover for drug addicts and alcoholics. And we wonder why premiums go up.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

This is just a way for the Catholic Church to exert force on the people. They want special treatment. A hospital is a business and social service. If they don't want to operate within the rules, there are other options.

In the same light,this can be said with the Obama administration.

This is a way for the Obama administration to exert force on people. Mandating this, pushing it. Like I said before,WHY is Obama polarizing this country,at a time when he shouldn't beats me. When 52% of America favor reforming his Healthcare laws,and 39% favor it,its damning. We wont talk about the "special privileges" when it comes to Healthcare,and the "options" Congress gets,compared to the American people.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

The Federal Govt. has no business sticking there foot into this realm period. The mandate should not stand no matter which way you try to spin it.

Let's not get into the subject of groups wanting special treatment please. We have an administration that is quite good at granting special treatment to unions, progressive groups, project vote, certain "other religious groups" etc etc. For some reason its only bad when the word "Catholic" is mentioned.

What is it about Catholicism? I saw it first hand when I lived in the South.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

How do the Catholics feel about vasectomies? Or tubal Ligations? These are both forms of permanent birth control that are covered by most insurance companies. I've never heard them complain about having to fund insurance that covers them.

Among the numerous privileges which religious conservatives feel themselves entitled to under the First Amendment is the right to shape their surroundings to fit their most deeply held religious beliefs. And if other people, or non-believers, happen to get in the way, then so be it and too bad for them.

Source

The scope of the Catholic Church’s involvement in health care in the United States is wide. Catholic health care facilities are the largest group of non-profit hospitals in the United States. The Catholic Church controls 621 hospitals and 282 health-related organizations, and serves 85 million patients. It also controls four out of ten of the largest health care systems in America. The recent mergers have only increased their strength and numbers while decreasing access to reproductive health services.

Source

This is the Catholics' idea of forcing their beliefs on society.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

This is the Catholics' idea of forcing their beliefs on society.

No. This is catholics fighting to keep their beliefs.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

Did you vote in the last election?
You more than likely sided with the same haneous beahviour!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join