It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi: A Cathollic Says What?? Vows to stand against her Church...Stands with Satan/Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Well, I don't believe in the Man in the Sky(as Carlin puts it), nor the Red Man in hell. Archaic constructs. That's not what America needs today. And certainly not "enhancement". There's enough of that in the media already. Pragmatism is what is needed.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by FlyersFan
According to the church that she professes to be a member of, ANY involvement with promoting artificial birth control or abortion is indeed doing the work of the devil.

Yes but where is it in scripture?

The Catholic church has it's laws and beliefs based on both scripture and sacred tradition.
Scripture says - thou shalt not kill.
Abortion kills. Birth control, in many instances, actually is an abortificant and therefore ... kills.
And then there is Onanism. I don't agree with the interpretation of Onanism and birth control
but that doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if Nancy Pelosi agrees with it or not ...
What matters is that the Catholic Church has a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to practice it's religion
and to have it's church outreaches (CATHOLIC hospitals, CATHOLIC schools) follow Catholic values.

It's their constitutional right. It doesn't matter why they believe what they believe.
It's their right. Period.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
The woman has publicly criticized the Catholic Conscience, supported embryonic stem cell research, and has a achieved a perfect pro abortion voting record. Yet, she claims to be a proud Catholic

Sounds like someone who is a human being before she is a religious zealot.
Some on here should take note.

Seriously... people are free to criticise whatever they like.

She obviously thinks with her brain and her heart.... not her "faith" (if that's not just an absurd idea anyway.)

First of all, Pelsoi has no heart or moral compass with which to think or guide her. Second, a sound balance of faith and mind go hand in hand in making healthy rational decisions. Any faith. Pelosi thinks with her politics and her wallet and looks to who she can pander to next. Kind of like a street walker looking for her next customer.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

As I said, Onan was put to death for not sulfilling his duty to provide his brother an Heir... nice try though.
As Contraception wasn't around 2000+ years ago there are no laws and no references for it.

Only what MAN has decided... pretty sure god will be pissed

Anyway.... your law is irrelevant.

The ONLY law that matters is the law of the land.

And abortion is legal... and many other things you despise are legal too... and until that changes or until the Presidential Authority decides otherwise..

Deal with it.

Cheers.

This is all a little too Religious Zealot-y for me anyway.

Off to do something a little more constructive.

You have fun now... oh wait...er.... you inflict misery and suffering now... you judge and scorn now.

edit on 2/2/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

The Church recognizes that the only purpose for sexual intercourse is procreation:

"To have coitus other than to procreate children is to do injury to nature" (ibid. 2:10:95:3).

I have always found this a little puzzling
Are we to believe that a couple with a single child only had intercourse until conception of a child occurred? And if that was once then they have only had sex once? Also, that Catholics do not engage in intercourse for pleasure? I have never believed this to be realistic.
edit on 2-2-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

What we believe doesn't matter. The Catholic Church has a Constitutional right to run it's church and it's outreach programs under their belief umbrella. As for the title of this thread ... like I said ... no MSM said that she 'stands with Satan', but according to her church she indeed does stand with the devil if she's fighting the church. As a SUPPOSED Catholic she knows that. Obviously she doesn't care what the Church says.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

The 'law of the land' says that the Church has a right to it's beliefs.

And abortion is legal...

And the Church isn't blocking abortion. It's saying that it can not pay for it's employees to get them.

Deal with it.

Looks like YOU aren't 'dealing with' the fact that the Constitution backs the church .. not Pelosi's partisanship.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
As a former Catholic, yeah did the entire school thing and was head altar boy, and an American...

If they are a health service provider they CANNOT force their religious views on to whom they are provide the service AND getting paid to do that service. If you don't like the job, don't do the job.

I'm sure all the bladders of hot air will claim the miracle of life and such, but REALLY? We are SEVEN BILLION strong, human life is no miracle. If there were 70 of us YES it would be. We have BILLIONS of non miracles.

You realize that you, me, and most likely everyone who is reading this is mediocre? That we're far from the best example of intelligence, physical ability? That anything we pass on will have only that ability unless there is some dramatic even to mutant our mediocre DNA?

WAIT! You're going to say that god can do that, the DNA mutation. Right? I guess god could, but there ISN'T a god. How can you not see that and why do you refuse to see it?

Derek

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

It was never official Canonical Law but was always a widely held view in the Church. Pope Pius XI changed the view to include sexual intercourse between a married couple for reasons other than procreation in his encyclical Casti Connubii:

Nor are those considered as acting against nature who in the married state use their right in the proper manner although on account of natural reasons either of time or of certain defects, new life cannot be brought forth. For in matrimony as well as in the use of the matrimonial rights there are also secondary ends, such as mutual aid, the cultivating of mutual love, and the quieting of concupiscence which husband and wife are not forbidden to consider so long as they are subordinated to the primary end and so long as the intrinsic nature of the act is preserved.

Contraception is still not permitted but if you are to have sex at certain times of the month or after a woman has lost the ability to conceive it is permissible. Sex does not always have to be about procreation, not according to Canonical Law or Pope Pius XI anyway, but one still cannot ‘spill the seed’ so to speak.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Let me sum up the problem realistically....everybody listen up

Politicians don't really care about you and me and much really. They care about getting elected. Pretty much it. They listen to who is screaming the loudest and regurgitate what they're saying. If this week we don't like Blacks, then damnit, they don't like Blacks. Next week, someone doesn't want Gays to marry, then what do you know, politicians talk about family values and how Gays getting married is going to rip a hole in the space-time continuum.

Get over it people...at the end of the day politicians don't really care about the issues that you think are important. Like children, they tell you what you want to hear. Really? Haven't we learned this yet?

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Ok, that clears it up a little for me. Sounds like its more about the contraception than anything else.Thanks for the reply!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Haha, yeah. And all Catholics abstain from sexual relation until marriage. All Catholics abide by not eating meat on Friday and they all do for others more than they do for themselves.

"Stands with Satan"? You're serious aren't you?

What a sad state our country is in. Phony Catholics choosing to embrace their church when it's politically convenient. I taste Bile when I read such threads.

Someone actually compared birth control to murder. There is no word in the English language to describe how utterly stupid that is.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Throwing in the word Satan of course makes your claim and intent dubious at best. Many like me disregard any whom so carelessly throw words around or cause them to define another in a negative way, thus I and other just move along. I can go an a sister site for this type of approach if I desire.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Misoir

As I said, Onan was put to death for not sulfilling his duty to provide his brother an Heir... nice try though.
As Contraception wasn't around 2000+ years ago there are no laws and no references for it.

Only what MAN has decided... pretty sure god will be pissed

You did not read the link I had posted; that is rather obvious.

How are the Roman Catholic laws regarding morality irrelevant? We have the right in a supposedly free nation to hold to our theological teachings so long as it does not harm another person. We are harming no one, people are trying to infringe on us.

Perhaps to a secularist but I really could not care less what they think. We are not trying to change any laws; the state is trying to violate the law of the land (First Amendment) and our moral laws simultaneously. If you would like to tell someone not to violate the ‘law of the land’, instruct Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama about that.

And abortion is legal... and many other things you despise are legal too... and until that changes or until the Presidential Authority decides otherwise..

What does this have to do with what I was talking about? The state is separate from the Church; it is free to create whatever ridiculous laws it wants so long as those laws do not violate Constitutional Rights.

This is all a little too Religious Zealot-y for me anyway.

Off to do something a little more constructive.

Harassing religious folk is not productive enough for you? I thought among your intellectual ranks that would win you some sort of reward. You know, like Pavlov’s dog.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Well, I don't believe in the Man in the Sky(as Carlin puts it), nor the Red Man in hell. Archaic constructs. That's not what America needs today. And certainly not "enhancement". There's enough of that in the media already. Pragmatism is what is needed.

Pragmatism is what is leading our nation into ruin. We have a political pragmatist in the WH, and as Secretary of State, etc etc Pragmatic philosophy is the tool of the Progressives.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sailormon
reply to post by jibeho

Throwing in the word Satan of course makes your claim and intent dubious at best. Many like me disregard any whom so carelessly throw words around or cause them to define another in a negative way, thus I and other just move along. I can go an a sister site for this type of approach if I desire.

If you've read through the thread you will find that I have explained the link to Satan more than once.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I think we need more politicians that are pragmatic. By not thinking pragmatically we have ended up with unemployment rates that are record high, manufactoring is non-existant in this country and has moved overseas. Our school districts are in shambles. Taxes are through the roof. Unemployment claims are increasing. With issues like these need to forget soft issues that concern individuals, like gay marriage, contraception, abortion rights, and all the rest of the issues that concern the individual and not the state or federal government.

To my neighbors and politicians....worry about yourselves, stay out of my life.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
That woman sold her soul a long time ago. If it's not a lie, it fdoesnt come out of her mouth.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
She sure seems to have a bad vibe.

Here she says ''Gingrich'' has no change, the way she says that, and her look in her eyes.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 3-2-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The government is freeing the world from all that ails it now. Why not free christians from the will of the church?
They're putting a mint on Pelosi's pillow in Hell as we speak.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join