It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi: A Cathollic Says What?? Vows to stand against her Church...Stands with Satan/Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Pop quiz WHAT IS THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD?

Not Satan. I read the source.

The rest is just partisan crap. Thanks for that.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

With all due respect, it's about the hypocrisy of Pelosi and her stated religion.

Any other issue is enhancement towards the point being made by the OP.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Good on her? How is advocating the violation of the First Amendment to the United States Bill of Rights something which should earn a ‘good on her’? To Roman Catholics this is not just some issue regarding our ‘rights’, we could give a piss less about ‘rights’. It is about the state knowingly violating our conscience. Would they force Quakers to join the NRA? Would they force multiculturalist to spit on and yell racial slurs at immigrants? For some reason I doubt that. But attack the Catholics, f* them, violate their conscience because we do not like them. Tell me, who are the Nazis now?

This is our position on the issue:

Contraception is evil. It desecrates the marital bond, offends against chastity, and is a menace to public morals. It is reprehensible to engage in contraceptive acts or to cooperate in them in any way. This is a matter of natural law; it has nothing to do with religion. Public bodies should not be promoting or enabling this sin. Neither Holy Mother Church, nor any other group, religious or secular, nor any individual should be forced by government to divulge funds for such wicked purposes.

bonald.wordpress.com...

Yet you applaud when the government says, “To hell with your conscience, do as we tell you.” That arouses you because your deep seated hatred for Catholicism blinds you. All this talk about ‘rights’ from people, especially the left, yet they are the first ones to try and violate someone’s rights. In the US we have the first amendment right to not have our religion violated by the state and even if we did not, and really that is relevant to me only for practical reasons, I would still tell these lunatics to go off themselves.

This to me is actually a good thing; it shows clearly to our world the real motivations for the left-wing. It is not about some imagined rights they want to defend; it is about destroying their enemies through subversion and lies because they are too much of pussies to fight an honest battle.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

mmmmm. . . . not so fast there, li'l partner!

Bias is clearly evident in your posts.

Not a bad thing. I'm openly biased towards a more conservative view.

But I don't fib about it either.

*wags finger sternly*

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Ah, got it now. Facts don't matter anymore. We need "enhancement". I keep hearing those commercials on the radio but I don't need any "enhancement". I guess some do.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
Very well, Thanks for asking.

I don't assosiate with any party, I prefer to follow the Candidates on their own merit.

This year I will vote Ron Paul - GOP

Ron is not on Ballot - Obama

I couldn't vote the other GOP Candidates , no matter how much Mitt paid me.

To Bezz
If I deserve a finger wag, bad on me, but I don't think my
position could be any clearer than the quote above.

BTW, I cant stand Nancy Pelosi , I wish she would crawl back under a rock.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Ah, got it now. Facts don't matter anymore. We need "enhancement". I keep hearing those commercials on the radio but I don't need any "enhancement". I guess some do.

Enhancement, opinion, call it what you will. Or what I interpret.

It's based in truth.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Very well, Thanks for asking.

I don't assosiate with any party, I prefer to follow the Candidates on their own merit.

This year I will vote Ron Paul - GOP

Ron is not on Ballot - Obama

I couldn't vote the other GOP Candidates , no matter how much Mitt paid me.

To Bezz
If I deserve a finger wag, bad on me, but I don't think my
position could be any clearer than the quote above.

BTW, I cant stand Nancy Pelosi , I wish she would crawl back under a rock.

I wouldn't vote for Obama if he ordered me!

But then again, I'm an opinionated SOB.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Contraception is evil. It desecrates the marital bond, offends against chastity, and is a menace to public morals.

Uh huh.....

How can I argue against that?

.This to me is actually a good thing; it shows clearly to our world the real motivations for the left-wing. It is not about some imagined rights they want to defend; it is about destroying their enemies through subversion and lies because they are too much of pussies to fight an honest battle.

You're actually crazy...

Yes clearly... because stopping disease, infections and unwanted pregnancy is such an evil thing.

Get with the times man... seriously.

There is no mention of Birth Control in the Bible... so where does this crap come from anyway?

Seriously?

Don't use Er & Onan either, because that is not about contraception but about Onan's failure to provide an heir.

Religious rights do not trump law and should not trump the health and well being of people

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

What source of power and influence could be so great that it would continually entice Pelosi to stand against her supposed faith time and time again? The woman has publicly criticized the Catholic Conscience, supported embryonic stem cell research, and has a achieved a perfect pro abortion voting record. Yet, she claims to be a proud Catholic and will cite The Word when she thinks it will help her best. Just like Obama the false prophet.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
The woman has publicly criticized the Catholic Conscience, supported embryonic stem cell research, and has a achieved a perfect pro abortion voting record. Yet, she claims to be a proud Catholic

Sounds like someone who is a human being before she is a religious zealot.
Some on here should take note.

Seriously... people are free to criticise whatever they like.

She obviously thinks with her brain and her heart.... not her "faith" (if that's not just an absurd idea anyway.)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

Seriously? You can't see the Constitutional right that those in the Catholic Church have to follow their religion? You don't see that they have a right to run their Church, and the church outreaches such as CATHOLIC hospitals and CATHOLIC schools as they believe ... and that doesn't interfere with others Constitutional rights? So the Constitution is only for those you agree with eh? Okay ... good to know.

Where is Satan mentioned in any of this?

According to the church that she professes to be a member of, ANY involvement with promoting artificial birth control or abortion is indeed doing the work of the devil. She goes against her church to promote the killing of unborn children (by getting abortions and abortificant birth control paid for by the Catholic Church) and therefore she's doing the devils' work.

The devil isn't mentioned in articles and the MSM ... it's implied by the church and the church rules. And before anyone jumps on the Catholics for this, it should be noted that many major religions have this as a belief. Be it Baptist or Amish or Muslim .... it's pretty standard with a lot of them. You fight 'the church' (whatever it is) ... then you are in league with the devil.

link   
Ok, this is going to be a heated debate and that's cool. I personally believe in separation of church and state. I don't think the two should mix. There are too many beliefs and opinions in this country. One isn't more right or wrong than the next. However, if a Catholic hospital wants to make policy based on its belief so be it. If you're a hospital employee and don't agree with their policies don't work there. Work for an institution that shares your beliefs. Common sense should prevail.
edit on 2-2-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

link   
That is hilarious Pelosi is a relgious zealot because Goverment is her religion.

Oh that was a knee slapper.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I would suppose to a member of the Left I am crazy; good.

The Church recognizes that the only purpose for sexual intercourse is procreation:

"Moreover, he [Moses] has rightly detested the weasel [Lev. 11 :29]. For he means, 'Thou shalt not be like to those whom we hear of as committing wickedness with the mouth with the body through uncleanness [orally consummated sex]; nor shalt thou be joined to those impure women who commit iniquity with the mouth with the body through uncleanness"' – Letter of Barnabas 10:8

"Because of its divine institution for the propagation of man, the seed is not to be vainly ejaculated, nor is it to be damaged, nor is it to be wasted" – The Instructor of the Children 2:10:91:2

"To have coitus other than to procreate children is to do injury to nature" (ibid. 2:10:95:3).

"Some go so far as to take potions, that they may insure barrenness, and thus murder human beings almost before their conception." - Jerome Letters 22:3

There are plenty more moral truths at this link. Us Catholics do not view this as Catholic morality, we view it as the only morality. There is no changing for the times, what is natural moral law always has been and always will be. Unless the Papal Authority decides to alter an understanding of certain texts for a clearly defined and holy reason, it will remain as the sole truth.

If you do not like it, who cares? No one asked what you liked. Abstinence is the only moral contraceptive and if people get HIV/AIDS or some other disease by having sex outside of wedlock then I really have no sympathy for them.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
According to the church that she professes to be a member of, ANY involvement with promoting artificial birth control or abortion is indeed doing the work of the devil.

Yes but where is it in scripture?
Anybody can say anything and it doesn't make it so... one Priest might say that's it's OK to bugger little boys, doesn't mean it is though does it?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I take you all back to this .... Peolosi bashes Catholics .. 'They have this conscience thing'

This time, Pelosi is upset that the nation’s Catholic bishops are protesting a potential Obama administration decision forcing insurance companies to cover birth control, contraception and drugs that could cause abortions. They say certain religious groups may not be exempt from providing the insurance, which would violate their moral and religious views.

Pelosi says the position is akin to having hospitals “say to a woman, ‘I’m sorry you could die’ if you don’t get an abortion,” she told the Washington Post.

“Those who dispute that characterization “may not like the language,’’ she said, “but the truth is what I said. I’m a devout Catholic and I honor my faith and love it . . . but they have this conscience thing” that the Post said Pelosi “insists put women at physical risk, although Catholic providers strongly disagree

She does NOT honor her faith and she does NOT love it.
She used the term 'THEY' in reference to Catholics.
'This conscience thing' .... OY! :shk:
I wonder when the last time this 'devout' Catholic picked up a set of Rosary beads and prayed with them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join